Wembley Protest (1 Viewer)

skyblueexile

Why not instead of sky blue everyone wear a black arm band for the death of our club that way we can still give full support to the team but show others

stupot07

This idea is a tad out there but bear with me.....

How's about we just enjoy the day out and the game and put the protesting on hold for 1 day? This is our day, this is the day out children get a taste of something special, something that can help them dream of big things (like us older fans who experienced the fa cup and PL), let just enjoy the day, make it feel specially for younger fans and next generation of fans rather than spoil it with making it 'sisu out/protest' event. Its been 30 years since we've been here, we could have to wait another 30 years for a another trip. Let's just enjoy it.

#pusb

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Calista

How's about we just enjoy the day out and the game and put the protesting on hold for 1 day? This is our day, this is the day out children get a taste of something special, something that can help them dream of big things (like us older fans who experienced the fa cup and PL), let just enjoy the day, make it feel specially for younger fans and next generation of fans rather than spoil it with making it 'sisu out/protest' event. Its been 30 years since we've been here, we could have to wait another 30 years for a another trip. Let's just enjoy it.

#pusb

I agree that this day should be about supporting CCFC, and any protest should not detract from that. Opportunities to celebrate amongst a huge sea of Sky Blue are too few.

Yet the strength of feeling is there for all to see, so the challenge is to find something that gets a bit of attention and makes the point, but does NOT ruin people’s day. We need as many of the 40,000 as possible to feel at the end of the day that they want to come back.

It’s not easy, because from some of the posts on here it looks like some people are up for a serious confrontation. I understand it, but I think it would be a big mistake and take the name of the club down even further.

Esoterica

#pusb

Those kids might not have a club to support in 5 years time. How can you enjoy a day when you know we've just had our worst season in 97 years in the FL, limped out of League 1 with barely a whimper, don't have anywhere for our academy to play in 3 months time or a home to play at in 15 months time?It's simply too much for people to put to one side.
If we're a couple of goals down inside the first half and putting in a performance as gutless as in the league then the atmosphere will be understandably toxic. Sorry if that puts you off your flask of tea, vol-au-vants and cheese & pineapple on sticks.

pastythegreat

Tott-en-ham is 3 syllables but is sang Tottnam "2"
And last time I checked it was pronounced as a 2 syllable word!

I'll give you 2 scenarios and you tell me which applies mostly to you.

1, (posh voice sat in the local polo club)
Yes Timothy, I do remember when Coventry beat Tot-ten-ham in the Football Association cup, I rambert clearly as it was the day I left the officers mess to attend the boat race and the traffic was absurd so I borrowed Hector's helicopter, I really was a spiffing day!

2, (cov accent voice sat in the spon gate)
Eee are Steve, you were there when City beat Totnum in 87 weren't ya? We had tickets and went down in Jim's red Cortina but broke down half way there and had to hitch the rest of the way!

It may be spelt with 3 syllables but as long as I've been alive I've pronounced it with 2, as has everybody I know (or at least admit to knowing)!

Still doesn't help the fact were trying to make a 2 syllable word fit in a 3 syllable gap.

Next please!!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

rob9872

Yes Timothy, I do remember when Coventry beat Tot-ten-ham in the Football Association cup, I rambert clearly as it was the day I left the officers mess to attend the boat race and the traffic was absurd so I borrowed Hector's helicopter, I really was a spiffing day!

Eee are Steve, you were there when City beat Totnum in 87 weren't ya? We had tickets and went down in Jim's red Cortina but broke down half way there and had to hitch the rest of the way!

It may be spelt with 3 syllables but as long as I've been alive I've pronounced it with 2, as has everybody I know (or at least admit to knowing)!

Still doesn't help the fact were trying to make a 2 syllable word fit in a 3 syllable gap.

Next please!!

Apart from Ossie Ardiles who says "Tott-ing-ham"

Cavan O'Doherty

I agree that this day should be about supporting CCFC, and any protest should not detract from that. Opportunities to celebrate amongst a huge sea of Sky Blue are too few.

Yet the strength of feeling is there for all to see, so the challenge is to find something that gets a bit of attention and makes the point, but does NOT ruin people’s day. We need as many of the 40,000 as possible to feel at the end of the day that they want to come back.

It’s not easy, because from some of the posts on here it looks like some people are up for a serious confrontation. I understand it, but I think it would be a big mistake and take the name of the club down even further.
A 'serious confrontation' will most likely not happen at Wembley, and I wouldn't encourage it as people's days would be ruined. Security will be too tight and protestors will find it difficult to get on the pitch. I'm all for it at the Ricoh though, as long as it doesn't turn violent.

Sky Blue Kid

Next please!!

Isn't that what I'm saying?.........
NEXT PLEASE!!!

Nick

Administrator
nobody else think blokes walking round with black armbands over their clothes is a bit random?

SkyBlueZack

Black armbands are a show of respect to someone that has died? The club is in turmoil, it's not dead. I love the club and want the best for it. Can you compare our shit situation to someone dying?
Maybe it's just me but I don't like these ideas/phrases. I love football, it's a brilliant way of uniting people. It is just a game though.
I expect abuse but it is just my opinion of it. Doesn't mean I like sisu or want them to stay.

Covcraig@bury

Black armbands are a show of respect to someone that has died? The club is in turmoil, it's not dead. I love the club and want the best for it. Can you compare our shit situation to someone dying?
Maybe it's just me but I don't like these ideas/phrases. I love football, it's a brilliant way of uniting people. It is just a game though.
I expect abuse but it is just my opinion of it. Doesn't mean I like sisu or want them to stay.
Your right ,black arm bands are a sign of respect and a symbol of someone or something passing/dying .in this case coventry city are the ones dying through mismanagement by Sisu. And we want them out !

Users who are viewing this thread