Wembley Protest (1 Viewer)

speedie87

What about if we win we all leave at the final whistle and there are no fans in the stadium as they lift the trophy.

As this serves the dual purpose of making a point to the players winning this comp. does not make up for their performances in the league

lifeskyblue

What about if we win we all leave at the final whistle and there are no fans in the stadium as they lift the trophy.

As this serves the dual purpose of making a point to the players winning this comp. does not make up for their performances in the league

I would be happy to do that however for all those too young to be there in 87 then I would like them to see city lift the silverware

PUSB

CovBurty

That's a big IF. More likely to get pasted by Luton or more likely by Oxford. The first decent team we have played in this shit cup.

Travs

Sorry but this is not a good idea, it's another load of crackpot bollocks...

Who is even going to notice (assuming you can get 30-40000 city fans to sing it)... The tv won't pick it up, nobody is going to know, except some self-congratulating city fans.

More to the point, what is it going to achieve.

I've heard before comments that people who inhabit football forums are the saddest bastards known to man, and as a football-forum-inhabitor myself, I always argued against it. But I have to say that whatever side of the great Coventry debate we may reside on, there are some complete saddos on here...

Needless to say, when I can't get a ticket next Wednesday, I will not be inhabiting the 'ticket begging' thread, as I'll expect a frosty response...!

PUSB

Calista

Just an observation, don’t shoot the messenger ;)

The Telegraph’s petition calling for SISU to put Coventry City up for sale took a week to reach 16,000 signatures, and pretty much hit a ceiling at 20,000. All it took was a minute and a few clicks.

The club sold that amount of tickets for Wembley in just over 24 hours, and will likely end up doubling it. It involves paying good money, and travelling a long way.

The point I’m making here is that for a protest to work best, you need to persuade most of the 40,000 to join in. Like it or not, most casual fans aren’t passionate opponents of SISU, and they aren’t going to buy into anything that spoils their day. That includes leaving all their Sky Blue regalia at home, or invading the pitch.

Have I got a brilliant protest idea? Probably not. But maybe issue every supporter with a black balloon to blow up and set free, followed 2 minutes later by 40,000 sky blue ones? Not sure if that would upset anybody, and it might draw some positive attention.

If we can put in an effective and united protest I’m all for it, but the truth is, my main aim is just to milk a day of Sky Blue magic. They are too rare to ruin.

Rodders1

So what's the plan.

We have to do something.

We're actually going to be relegated to div 4 before Wembley - we can't ignore that.

skybluebeduff

To the tune of I Am The Walrus...

I am he as you are he as you are me
And we are all Sky Blue
See how SISU run like pigs from a gun
See how they fly
They're always lying
Tim's sitting on a cornflake
Waiting for Joy to come
SISU OUT T-shirt, stupid bloody Tuesday
Fisher you've been a naughty boy
You let your lies grow long
I am a Sky Blue
They hate the Sky Blues
I am the customer
Goo goo g' joob

Calista

and apart from a lot of plastic and wasted breath what will achieve?
The balloons thing wasn’t put forward that seriously, it was just an example of something that wouldn’t be divisive or do any harm (other than destroying the biosphere obviously!). As you say, it wouldn’t actually achieve anything. To use the worn-out Titanic analogy, the fans are the 3rd class passengers who can do little more than rattle furiously on the gates.

My main point was that any protests on 2nd April shouldn’t damage the reputation of CCFC fans (which would be the case for example if the match was interrupted, especially if we were losing and we were seen to be ruining the other team’s day). And anything that devalues the occasion for our own fans - not wearing sky blue for example – would (a) not be well supported and (b) be counter-productive.

NortonSkyBlue

The balloons thing wasn’t put forward that seriously, it was just an example of something that wouldn’t be divisive or do any harm (other than destroying the biosphere obviously!). As you say, it wouldn’t actually achieve anything. To use the worn-out Titanic analogy, the fans are the 3rd class passengers who can do little more than rattle furiously on the gates.

My main point was that any protests on 2nd April shouldn’t damage the reputation of CCFC fans (which would be the case for example if the match was interrupted, especially if we were losing and we were seen to be ruining the other team’s day). And anything that devalues the occasion for our own fans - not wearing sky blue for example – would (a) not be well supported and (b) be counter-productive.
I am not against any disruption but feel that it should be a robust protest that will get its message across. On this occasion I am not sure it will be viable.
In my opinion limp wristed protests get a limp wristed response and are not taken seriously, to get the message to its intended recipient you need a targeted action. Whatever that is on this occasion I suspect will be diluted by having so many families attending and I wouldn't want to taint their memories of a day out by aggression or violence.
I happen to believe that every game(apart from the final) should be an opportunity to target Fisher personally, target anybody connected with the abysmal decision making at the club and to let them all know they have outstayed their welcome, including Slade.
There is nothing to be gained by pussyfooting around, we are going down with a whimper, that doesn't mean we should accept this without protest.
I can accept defeat on the field of play between 22 players and may the best team win but to systematically destroy the club( seemingly willingly) is too much to ask and for me it has become a battle for the very existence of our club.

Hugh Jarse

and apart from a lot of plastic and wasted breath what will achieve?

I never said it would achieve anything, I just said I liked the idea.

All we need at Wembley is some mindless morons invading the pitch, setting off flares, throwing tennis balls, blowing whistles and generally acting like prats and the FA will say, enough's enough and give us a 10 point deduction for next season in Division 2. Genius!

Cavan O'Doherty

I never said it would achieve anything, I just said I liked the idea.

All we need at Wembley is some mindless morons invading the pitch, setting off flares, throwing tennis balls, blowing whistles and generally acting like prats and the FA will say, enough's enough and give us a 10 point deduction for next season in Division 2. Genius!
However when we are at the Ricoh, we should disrupt as many games as possible. We need to stop pussy footing around and get some games abandoned. No one will take notice otherwise

Flying Fokker

I'm staying outside he ground.....Back in Warwickshire. The players who got city to the final will deserve all the support they get. What's the point in going if you're negative about the team at the moment?

Skyblueweeman

To the tune of I Am The Walrus...

I am he as you are he as you are me
And we are all Sky Blue
See how SISU run like pigs from a gun
See how they fly
They're always lying
Tim's sitting on a cornflake
Waiting for Joy to come
SISU OUT T-shirt, stupid bloody Tuesday
Fisher you've been a naughty boy
You let your lies grow long
I am a Sky Blue
They hate the Sky Blues
I am the customer
Goo goo g' joob

Too much time on your hands?!

higgs

Was there ever a final abandoned at Wembley?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

richtom

this is the biggest chance we can protest with 40000 , will never get the chance again and at Wembley ,support the team 100 per cent and after 7 min to the 17 minutes sing we want sisu out {that's how long they been here?}this is our day and enjoy with our family and our club who we love,its only ten minutes of our day

/

Users who are viewing this thread