Wembley protest option 2 - sit in (1 Viewer)

The Lurker

we we're talking after the bury game about doing a Wembley sit in after the game. support the team for 90mins and whether we win or lose all 40k cov fans stage a protest inside Wembley after the game. imagine the coverage of sisu out while maybe Oxford go up to lift the trophy

thoughts?

hill83

Everyone going on about it being on TV and the coverage etc. Does anyone actually watch this final, in substantial numbers I mean?

Edit: Also not a bad idea in general, but I'll be back in a boozer ASAP after the game.

fernandopartridge

we we're talking after the bury game about doing a Wembley sit in after the game. support the team for 90mins and whether we win or lose all 40k cov fans stage a protest inside Wembley after the game. imagine the coverage of sisu out while maybe Oxford go up to lift the trophy

thoughts?

Not interested tbh mate. It would just look odd as you'd expect fans to stay behind if we win anyway

Esoterica

It's not the kind of match where there'll be an hours coverage afterwards either. It'll be get the trophy given out asap and cut to the adverts!

Adge

thoughts?
Time to let loose at the Walsall game......

Nick

Administrator
Genuine Question, do people get genuine joy from protesting?

On another thread somebody is looking forward to "singing protest songs on the train".

Is it something that excites people?*

*This isn't a piss take, it's genuinely finding out if people get excited and look forward to a protest.

Last edited:

matesx

Its a "no" from me.

Puerile, ineffective and a bit cringewothy.

CharlesMore

Great idea

thoughts?

Great idea

Wembley is the home of the FA who ultimately govern the game in this country and have let this saga drag on without giving a shiney shite.

It would embarrass both the FA and the morally bankrupt owners of OUR club, it is non violent and would recieve very good coverage.

There is no better opportunity than a showcase Wembley final to highlight our plight.

For many it will be the final goodbye.

SISU OUT
PUSB

Nick

Administrator
Great idea

Great idea

Wembley is the home of the FA who ultimately govern the game in this country and have let this saga drag on without giving a shiney shite.

It would embarrass both the FA and the morally bankrupt owners of OUR club, it is non violent and would recieve very good coverage.

There is no better opportunity than a showcase Wembley final to highlight our plight.

SISU OUT
PUSB

Would it receive "very good coverage" though?

I think people over estimate a bit too much.

Great idea

Great idea

SISU OUT
PUSB
What is this final goodbye shite I keep hearing......so you going give up in hard times....maybe come back when times are better....people like you make me physically vomit.....CTID

Reactions: vow

CharlesMore

Would it receive "very good coverage" though?

I think people over estimate a bit too much.

Whatever people think of this competition, it is only one of only three domestic cups that lead to a Wembley final.

It is televised on live on SKY with a highlights program on terrestrial tv.

No bigger stage than that for a club at the foot of league one.

Nick

Administrator
Whatever people think of this competition, it is only one of only three domestic cups that lead to a Wembley final.

So what impact is them potentially giving 15 - 30 seconds coverage of a sit in going to have? The cameras will be on players getting the trophy etc and if Oxford win their fans will be sat in for ages too. If we win then our fans will.

Adge

No, people don't enjoy protesting. But getting Tim Fisher in a room in front of 50 people is hardly a voice for 8000 frustrated disengaged fans. I think people feel that by protesting/stopping the game that they will be seen/heard. The excuse that it doesn't/won't help the players is now gone as we are all but mathematicaly down aswell.

covcity4life

you sure there is a highlights program on terrestrial tv?

CharlesMore

What is this final goodbye shite I keep hearing......so you going give up in hard times....maybe come back when times are better....people like you make me physically vomit.....CTID

You must be covered in spue than Geordie sky blue.

Season ticket holder for 29 years bar the year we were kidnapped, 10-12 away days at least every year with my sons.

For many people they have seen enough, we will be relegated by the final, so it will be a goodbye from many of the regulars.

I wont be renewing next season, away only.

Nick

Administrator
You must be covered in spue than Geordie sky blue.

Season ticket holder for 29 years bar the year we were kidnapped, 10-12 away days at least every year with my sons.

For many people they have seen enough, we will be relegated by the final, so it will be a goodbye from many of the regulars.

I wont be renewing next season, away only.

Why away only, out of interest?

How is it a goodbye if you are still going to watch them at away games?

ollyservetta

Family and friends day out. Respect for the occasion and the national stadium.

Cease fire and enjoy the day out. Save the ammo for relegation day.
That sounds great and would love being able to agree . but I cant , 40,000 cov on the pitch ,non violent of course and either pospne the game or delay the kick off ,get Charlton and orient fans to protest outside and really fuck the powers that be over . sorry but we all hav an opinion and im pissed of with being nice ,. Time to ramp things up and go out fighting ,not just whimpering

Nick

Administrator
That sounds great and would love being able to agree . but I cant , 40,000 cov on the pitch ,non violent of course and either pospne the game or delay the kick off ,get Charlton and orient fans to protest outside and really fuck the powers that be over . sorry but we all hav an opinion and im pissed of with being nice ,. Time to ramp things up and go out fighting ,not just whimpering

Do you think 40,000 are going to go on the pitch? How easy would it be to get on the pitch?

scottccfc

I just want to go and enjoy the day with my lad and dad, however something as easy as balloons,i'd be happy to throw balloons once the game kicks off, with the fans being so far away from the pitch at Wembley at least it will be seen but wont stop the game

AlansEyes

Does anyone really think that sitting inside Wembley until midnight or getting onto the pitch (which I imagine would be very difficult at Wembley anyway) is going to make the slightest bit of difference to our plight? Other than bring on potential fines/bans/point deductions? It's often said that Joy and co don't care about the club and have no interest in the on the pitch goings on, so why would they pay any attention at all to any protest? Charlton got a decent amount of TV coverage after the pigs on the pitch protest, as did we, but it didn't change anything.

I'm not saying that protests can't ever make a difference, if I really believed that any kind of protest would get rid of SISU then I would be 100% behind it. In fact, I think protests outside of the ground, before games etc are a good idea, but anything during the 90 minutes of the match (or in the case of Wembley while the winning team is collecting the trophy etc) should be avoided. SISU have hung in there this long and we need to realise that they aren't going to all of a sudden decide to cut their losses and go. They will only go when they can recoup a decent chunk of money, whether it be through the club turning the corner and becoming financially attractive, selling off assets or getting hold of the Ricoh.

Covcraig@bury

thoughts?
No chance !!!! Protest all the way through the game . Most SBA will need to be getting trains and coaches home so time will be limited.
And NO cease fire !!! You can not Hate SISU 364 days of the year and have a day off FFS, thats as hypocritical as you can get ..

pusbccfc

Let's be fair, some will invade the pitch. A day on the beer and 2-0 down...

ccfctommy

At Wembley, lets all run on to the centre circle, pull our pants down, and take one almighty shit on the pitch whilst singing Sisu out?

clint van damme

No chance !!!! Protest all the way through the game . Most SBA will need to be getting trains and coaches home so time will be limited.
And NO cease fire !!! You can not Hate SISU 364 days of the year and have a day off FFS, thats as hypocritical as you can get ..

more hypocritical than ranting about NOPM but then going to this game and putting money into sisus pockets?

CovBurty

You are not going to get many supporters to take part in a sit in, when 30,000, if 40k tickets are sold are on a beer-soaked jolly. Take some flares.

Users who are viewing this thread