Wembley protest option 2 - sit in (1 Viewer)

Covcraig@bury

more hypocritical than ranting about NOPM but then going to this game and putting money into sisus pockets?
You really need to read other threads regarding me and NOPM. I am going Wembley but not One penny have I spent on any tickets neither have the people I am going with . I don`t go to games at the Ricoh its not home for me and never will be ,only away games.. How can I or my friends be hypocrites ???

Nick

Administrator
No chance !!!! Protest all the way through the game . Most SBA will need to be getting trains and coaches home so time will be limited.
And NO cease fire !!! You can not Hate SISU 364 days of the year and have a day off FFS, thats as hypocritical as you can get ..

Surely you have had a cease fire every other match then? Anybody would think you have been there every game showing your hate for SISU.

Pipe down with the hypocritical stuff ;)

clint van damme

You really need to read other threads regarding me and NOPM. I am going Wembley but not One penny have I spent on any tickets neither have the people I am going with . I don`t go to games at the Ricoh its not home for me and never will be ,only away games.. How can I or my friends be hypocrites ???

they get 40% of your ticket money.

trevelfarandwide

Let's be fair, some will invade the pitch. A day on the beer and 2-0 down...
Indeed, it's inevitable, but it's sober, non-violent protesting we need.

Still, if it becomes messy and chaotic, perhaps that'll convey a message in itself.

martcov

No chance !!!! Protest all the way through the game . Most SBA will need to be getting trains and coaches home so time will be limited.
And NO cease fire !!! You can not Hate SISU 364 days of the year and have a day off FFS, thats as hypocritical as you can get ..

Protesting against failure will get more sympathy from the football world than screwing up thousands of people's day out with CCFC in a final.

You can hate SISU 365 days a year, but still have respect for people enjoying a rare glimpse of success.

A cease fire on such an occasion will be a clever tactical move and avoid splitting the fan base. The fan base will be more behind a protest against abject failure such as on relegation day.

Nothing hypocritical in having a strategy and/ or avoiding splitting the fan base.

Cavan O'Doherty

Does anyone really think that sitting inside Wembley until midnight or getting onto the pitch (which I imagine would be very difficult at Wembley anyway) is going to make the slightest bit of difference to our plight? Other than bring on potential fines/bans/point deductions? It's often said that Joy and co don't care about the club and have no interest in the on the pitch goings on, so why would they pay any attention at all to any protest? Charlton got a decent amount of TV coverage after the pigs on the pitch protest, as did we, but it didn't change anything.

I'm not saying that protests can't ever make a difference, if I really believed that any kind of protest would get rid of SISU then I would be 100% behind it. In fact, I think protests outside of the ground, before games etc are a good idea, but anything during the 90 minutes of the match (or in the case of Wembley while the winning team is collecting the trophy etc) should be avoided. SISU have hung in there this long and we need to realise that they aren't going to all of a sudden decide to cut their losses and go. They will only go when they can recoup a decent chunk of money, whether it be through the club turning the corner and becoming financially attractive, selling off assets or getting hold of the Ricoh.
You talk about protests outside the ground, but our most effective protest was in the ground against Sheffield United. Unfortunately pussy footing around with balloon protests etc,doesn't get as much attention as running on the pitch, and people feel like we have flown under the radar for too long without being heard. Enough is enough

Adge

You talk about protests outside the ground, but our most effective protest was in the ground against Sheffield United. Unfortunately pussy footing around with balloon protests etc,doesn't get as much attention as running on the pitch, and people feel like we have flown under the radar for too long without being heard. Enough is enough
Yeah I agree. Lets forget it at Wembley and wait till the Walsall game to say/do whatever that may be.

vow

You are not going to get many supporters to take part in a sit in, when 30,000, if 40k tickets are sold are on a beer-soaked jolly. Take some flares.
That's so 1970's, darling.

Sky Blue Harry H

What is this final goodbye shite I keep hearing......so you going give up in hard times....maybe come back when times are better....people like you make me physically vomit.....CTID

Which part of the North East (my nephew is a City fan - lives in Wallsend)

Cavan O'Doherty

Yeah, for a lot it will be a "hello" as well.
Nick, a genuine question. Why do you have a go at people like myself for splitting the fan base etc, but then when someone who comes on and agrees with your views whilst having a go at other fans, you don't bat an eyelid? Seems to be a bit one sided here don't you think.

Didge76

Rather go on the piss!!!
we we're talking after the bury game about doing a Wembley sit in after the game. support the team for 90mins and whether we win or lose all 40k cov fans stage a protest inside Wembley after the game. imagine the coverage of sisu out while maybe Oxford go up to lift the trophy

thoughts?[/QU

rupert_bear

Not a bad idea and coverage would switch from Sky Sports to Sky News but there are things to consider getting home being one, it's a Sunday so trains will be tight getting to Euston as early as possible important and coaches won't hang about either and will pull out full or not. The place to protest if you want to is Earlsdon High Street March the 20th

robbieray

Genuine Question, do people get genuine joy from protesting?

On another thread somebody is looking forward to "singing protest songs on the train".

Is it something that excites people?*

*This isn't a piss take, it's genuinely finding out if people get excited and look forward to a protest.
I'm singing on the train ,just singing on the train what a glorious feeling I'm happy again

Corrado

Not a bad idea and coverage would switch from Sky Sports to Sky News but there are things to consider getting home being one, it's a Sunday so trains will be tight getting to Euston as early as possible important and coaches won't hang about either and will pull out full or not. The place to protest if you want to is Earlsdon High Street March the 20th
Whats happening March 20th?

Edit - sorry just woken up - the trust meeting

SkyBlueZack

How about sky blue t shirts with love city on the front and hate sisu on the back. Cameras outside the ground will see the t shirts both front and back. Maybe at half time everyone could turn round so hate sisu was on show? The trust could sell them, profits split between sbitc and jimmy hill? Maybe there is a printing shop who could do a good deal if they get bit of advertising? Would that not cover all bases? Showing our love for the club, our hate of sisu, our respect for jimmy hill and helping football in the community.

NortonSkyBlue

That you don't like the Ricoh and never wiill suggests you will be delighted when we leave the Ricoh for pastures new in another county or town?
Beggars belief if that is the case! Surely you can't be that fickle?

Covcraig@bury

That you don't like the Ricoh and never wiill suggests you will be delighted when we leave the Ricoh for pastures new in another county or town?
Beggars belief if that is the case! Surely you can't be that fickle?
The Ricoh belongs to London wasps remember ! The council sold them the rights remember! In 15 months time we will not be playing there as wasps don't want us ,so the Ricoh will not be home for the sky blues .not sure where we will be playing but it won't be in coventry .

NortonSkyBlue

The Ricoh belongs to London wasps remember ! The council sold them the rights remember! In 15 months time we will not be playing there as wasps don't want us ,so the Ricoh will not be home for the sky blues .not sure where we will be playing but it won't be in coventry .
Whilst Wasps own it, the Ricoh is still our home.
And you will be part of the reason why we move to another venue with your NOPM.
But I guess you will say you are a Coventry City supporter?

Covcraig@bury

Whilst Wasps own it, the Ricoh is still our home.
And you will be part of the reason why we move to another venue with your NOPM.
But I guess you will say you are a Coventry City supporter?
You keep giving them money , they will keep that said money and not invest it in CCFC as their investors need paying back . I like many others won't give them a penny . We're going into division 4 it's their doing not NOPM . When they have fucked off sold up attendances will rise if anyone could give a shit anymore .

NortonSkyBlue

You keep giving them money , they will keep that said money and not invest it in CCFC as their investors need paying back . I like many others won't give them a penny . We're going into division 4 it's their doing not NOPM . When they have fucked off sold up attendances will rise if anyone could give a shit anymore .
So you are stating in your own words that fans potentially won't give a shit if Coventry City survive? You obviously don't care.
I give a shit, I care about the club and don't want it to die. Rather than giving up, how about showing some spirit and do something that will give the club a chance of surviving?

Covcraig@bury

Wh
So you are stating in your own words that fans potentially won't give a shit if Coventry City survive? You obviously don't care.
I give a shit, I care about the club and don't want it to die. Rather than giving up, how about showing some spirit and do something that will give the club a chance of surviving?
What like MONEY ?
Ive never given up on the team , far from it . I just want owners to invest not take out and asset strip until there's fuck all left .
If we go down that doesn't bother me , the league position don't lie . Now that's down to lack of investment. And the team won't get that investment whilst SISU are here ..

Nick

Administrator
Wh

What like MONEY ?
Ive never given up on the team , far from it . I just want owners to invest not take out and asset strip until there's fuck all left .
If we go down that doesn't bother me , the league position don't lie . Now that's down to lack of investment. And the team won't get that investment whilst SISU are here ..
Somebody who goes on about nopm whinging about investment again?

Nick

Administrator
Nick are you on Sisu's pay role? You defend them beyond belief . Anyone who comes on here and has the bollox to say what they think you are the first to put them down . I think you could be Tim nice but dim Fisher . Arse licking shit !

Ha, how long did it take you to come up with that?

"Put them down" aka pointing out the irony in it. How is that defending anybody at all?

Still, you have just shown the extent of the point you can make with that well thought out response. Another great example for the nopm cause.

Say what you think so you like, just don't get all upset when the irony gets pointed out. Least you have the excuse you didn't pay for Wembley tickets for that though ;)

Steve.B50

Craig
My view is you go and enjoy the game at Wembley, never mind what anyone says.
If anyone can get a ticket regardless of stance I say get on the bandwagon and enjoy this special day

Our future is very bleak and this one day of potential should be e joyed by all.

Some if us will protest in our own way at Wembley, next season I am one of those no longer having a ST.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Everyone going on about it being on TV and the coverage etc. Does anyone actually watch this final, in substantial numbers I mean?

Edit: Also not a bad idea in general, but I'll be back in a boozer ASAP after the game.
Numbers I don't know, but it can't be less than Coventry V Sheffield utd on a midweek and that got decent coverage

Users who are viewing this thread