Wembley plans (3 Viewers)

Sick Boy

If it's anything like they have at Cheltenham, they can work quite well. It only pours so much beer, so if you cant pull a pint, you'll be out of pocket.

At least it comes from a keg because Wembley take the piss, paying 7.50 for them to pour a can into a paper cup.
Do you just tap your card next to the pump and pour?

SkyBlueMatt

Do you just tap your card next to the pump and pour?

Yeah, thats it but looking at Bar Tap in more detail. I don't think it's the same thing. So we can still expect crappy canned beer.

Screenshot-2024-02-20-at-13.20.16-2048x1210.png

torchomatic

Anyone who's parking at Wealdstone. Do you have a copy of the email sent by Tony yesterday. Had info about the day, directions, etc.

I seemed to have deleted it can't find it anywhere, not even in recycle bin. Have my original receipt email, so not worried about getting my space, just wanted the email from yesterday.

SkyBlueChris

Anyone who's parking at Wealdstone. Do you have a copy of the email sent by Tony yesterday. Had info about the day, directions, etc.

I seemed to have deleted it can't find it anywhere, not even in recycle bin. Have my original receipt email, so not worried about getting my space, just wanted the email from yesterday.

Hi All

Only two days till the big game at Wembley! We are looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday.

Parking will be open from 10:00am with the Bar and BBQ from 10:30am.

Our address is Grosvenor Vale, Ruislip, Middlesex and for your Sat Nav the postcode is HA4 6JQ.

We have had a few enquiries about the London Congestion Charge Zone and Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ).

Our Ground is outside the Congestion Charge Zone but we are in the ULEZ zone as it pretty much covers the whole area inside the M25.

80% of vehicles are exempt from the ULEZ charge but you can check your vehicle at Check your Vehicle

When heading to Wembley the closest Station is Ruislip, which is on the Metropolitan Line that will bring you straight to Wembley Park.

Trains run around every 10-15 minutes and it is a 20 minute trip.

Walking to the Station from our ground takes around 7 minutes and we will be handing out direction slips on the day.

Tony

Wealdstone FC Supporters Club

SkyBlueSoul

What time are people getting to Leamington station tomorrow? I went from Warwick for the play-off final and the queue was a good hour long, assuming it'll be the same at both again

torchomatic

torchomatic

What time are people getting to Leamington station tomorrow? I went from Warwick for the play-off final and the queue was a good hour long, assuming it'll be the same at both again
Always used to go on the train as I can see Warwick Station from my house, but after the playoff debacle last year, won't bother again. Shambolic.

SkyBlueSoul

Always used to go on the train as I can see Warwick Station from my house, but after the playoff debacle last year, won't bother again. Shambolic.
Hoping it'll be better with the extra trains on this time. Didn't think it was too bad last year, long queue but still got down in plenty of time. Seem to remember some people having trouble on the roads as well with traffic being horrendous on the M40.

messiahrobins

Well good luck and safe travels , I’m getting Twatted and watching it at home

To be fair doesn’t feel right going to watch it without my dad
Funny you mention that as i am feeling a bit strange, i am super excited and going down but i am sad my mum cannot come as she has advanced alzheimer's and i remember watching the SF v Leeds with her like it was yesterday and she made it such a special day at home while dad went with his mates to the game, so part of me wishes i was watching it with her at home albeit she wouldnt really understand whats going on.
But i totally get how you feel as i am thinking of loved ones who have passed (my virtual entire extended family) who were around in 87 and how they would all be getting twatted since Thursday on their famed 4 day benders.
What time will you start drinking?

messiahrobins

Is anyone else not at all excited yet? Completely different feeling to my last 3 trips to Wembley
I am not as pumped as i was for the play off final, obviously the difference is i felt it was a winnable game which i dont really tomorrow. The checkatrade i was just up for a weekend in London and chance to see City at WEmbley as i didnt think i would again. L2 final i wasnt excited about as to me we had to win that match and it was just all about winning, albeit the celebrations after were awesome.
But i am feeling very nostalgic and tomorrow feels more than a football match, feels alot bigger as an occasion if that makes sense but the actual match itself i am less excited about as i fear we are going to get battered tbh and i hate man utd with a passion.

bigfatronssba

Isn’t that exactly why people want to go? 😂

Never understood that mentality. It’s like people who enjoy going to The Holyhead.

I’ll want a few pints tomorrow so want to go somewhere I can get near a bar!

bigfatronssba

Everyone remember to wear Sky Blue tomorrow.

The Chelsea Man City game looked like an undertakers convention with everyone wearing black coats

bigfatronssba

Funny you mention that as i am feeling a bit strange, i am super excited and going down but i am sad my mum cannot come as she has advanced alzheimer's and i remember watching the SF v Leeds with her like it was yesterday and she made it such a special day at home while dad went with his mates to the game, so part of me wishes i was watching it with her at home albeit she wouldnt really understand whats going on.
But i totally get how you feel as i am thinking of loved ones who have passed (my virtual entire extended family) who were around in 87 and how they would all be getting twatted since Thursday on their famed 4 day benders.
What time will you start drinking?

Go and watch the game, knowing that the real her under that awful disease would want you to go and enjoy yourself.

Frank Sidebottom

I'm watching a band in Dalston which I didn't know was a place until about 2 hours ago. Staying in a hovel in Landan tawn.... but at least I won't be on a train full of yanited pricks tomorrow.

Nick

Administrator
I liked that place previously. I know others didn’t.
However, didn’t get a sniff of getting in for the playoff final. That was 3 hours before kick off. No shops around Wembley sell booze on match days.

Makes me nervous drinking around Wembley.
Think it was either the check a trade or league 2 final. Bought 6 cans of some polish lager from a shop and stood in the sun drinking it watching a football get booted up in the air. Much better than being crammed in a pub.

bigfatronssba

Think it was either the check a trade or league 2 final. Bought 6 cans of some polish lager from a shop and stood in the sun drinking it watching a football get booted up in the air. Much better than being crammed in a pub.

Classy

Users who are viewing this thread