Wembley plans (4 Viewers)

scubasteve

I went to watch the nfl at spurs stadium in 2022, same day as the marathon, drank around liverpool st, and didnt even notice it any busier than normal. If you didnt know the marathon was on you wouldnt know.

Theonlywayisskyblue

Sky Blue express from Essex, tube to the Globe, food from KFC, tube to the ground, bypass the crazy qs for a pint in the fan zone and straight to the bar in the concourse PUSB

SkyBluePower

Early (8am) drive down the M40. Park on a drive in Ruislip . Then tube and have bagged a morning check in to the Ibis at Wembley. Couple of pints in the upstairs bar there in relative peace watching the build up then join in the fun midday.

SkyBlueMatt

Train in, get to London at 9.14, couple bottles on the train, too early to go mad. Find a pub on the Metropolitan line and to the Green Man early.

ovduk78

Had to hire a car as have a problem with mine. Pick it up in Stirling at 1pm on Saturday & drive down to stay in travelodge near Coventry. Set off on Sunday morning around 10 to Wembley where I'm parking in someone's drive. Drive back after the game to a travelodge in Birmingham, then up early Monday morning to get the car back to rental company before 1pm.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Train in, get to London at 9.14, couple bottles on the train, too early to go mad. Find a pub on the Metropolitan line and to the Green Man early.
Thinking of doing the Green Man this time, how early do folk think it will be full?

pusbccfc

Thinking of doing the Green Man this time, how early do folk think it will be full?

I think people are spreading out this year. Plus, most won't be down seriously early like previous years.

jas365

We're undecided between parking at Stanmore, Canons Park and Queensbury (1st 3 stations on Jubilee line) but a bit worried the marathon runners will nick all the spaces early.

We'll be getting on the M69 around 7.30am.

Adge

It was rammed last time. Shipley is going there so might be worth giving it a miss if you don’t want to have that silly song ringing in your ears all morning!
Fan zone or Box park this time although it says sold out regarding Box Park.

Hobo

Getting on the coach at around 8.20 am, shutting my eyes hopefully for some sleep. I think it is going to be a long day!

I am expecting a big gap between 7th Championship to 7th Premier League.

South West Sky Blue

I liked that place previously. I know others didn’t.
However, didn’t get a sniff of getting in for the playoff final. That was 3 hours before kick off. No shops around Wembley sell booze on match days.

Makes me nervous drinking around Wembley.

clint van damme

I liked that place previously. I know others didn’t.
However, didn’t get a sniff of getting in for the playoff final. That was 3 hours before kick off. No shops around Wembley sell booze on match days.

Makes me nervous drinking around Wembley.

Never thought I'd see the phrase 'didn't get a sniff' in a post about the Green man

SkyBlueMatt

If you want to go, I would suggest early doors. I didn't get in til late afternoon for the playoffs, I tried to get in about 11, thinking that it's a half 5 KO, it'll be fine.... wrong. Though it worked out for the better. There was a pub on the way to Wembley which was a sun trap though I think a pint was £8/9.

It's not for everyone but I like the atmosphere, can be a nightmare getting a beer though. I was there for the England/Brazil game, nothing compared to the SBA.

pitts head

As stated previously I am staying in Hackney Saturday and Sunday.
On the day it will be overground Hackney Central to Finchley Road and Frognal.
Walk down Finchley Road and have a few pints in The North Star pub by Finchley Road tube station.
Then Metropolitan line Finchley Road to Wembley Park.

SkyBlueSoul

10ish train down from Leamington to the stadium. Will mill around watching the crowds build up and take in some atmosphere, probably walk down Olympic Way because mum hasn't done it yet. Not sure about drinking, might just go in the fan zone outside the ground for a bit then into the concourse around 2, plenty of room and the queues aren't too bad in there.

Users who are viewing this thread