Wembley plans (1 Viewer)

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
If you want to go, I would suggest early doors. I didn't get in til late afternoon for the playoffs, I tried to get in about 11, thinking that it's a half 5 KO, it'll be fine.... wrong. Though it worked out for the better. There was a pub on the way to Wembley which was a sun trap though I think a pint was £8/9.

It's not for everyone but I like the atmosphere, can be a nightmare getting a beer though. I was there for the England/Brazil game, nothing compared to the SBA.
Cheers all. Reckon we can get there about 10:15, will post on here how busy it is then!

ptr

Lots of drink on the way down, then spend the rest of the day queuing to have a piss in that incredible water butt piss station thing they have at the Green Man..

Was overflowing two hours before kick off last time and the steamy piss cloud coming out of it was a sight to behold. Won’t be as warm this time though…the weather that is…not the piss.

pitts head

For anyone coming into Euston on West Midlands Trains.
Who fancies a drink where it is not to packed.
Walk to Euston Square, then Metropolitan Line to Finchley Road (3 stops).
The North Star pub by Finchley Road Tube Station.
I'll be there.
Then Finchley Road to Wembley Park (1 stop)

messiahrobins

10ish train down from Leamington to the stadium. Will mill around watching the crowds build up and take in some atmosphere, probably walk down Olympic Way because mum hasn't done it yet. Not sure about drinking, might just go in the fan zone outside the ground for a bit then into the concourse around 2, plenty of room and the queues aren't too bad in there.
I wont be drinking too much..always go to Stanmore and get off Wembley park and go soak the atmosphere building up. For me getting around the stadium asap is a big deal as never know if i'll be back there!!

skybluelee

My experience with the green man seems to be different to others. We didn’t get there until after 1. The queue was massive and we joined in hope rather than expectation yet we were inside within 30 mins.

SkyBlueMatt

Lots of drink on the way down, then spend the rest of the day queuing to have a piss in that incredible water butt piss station thing they have at the Green Man..

Was overflowing two hours before kick off last time and the steamy piss cloud coming out of it was a sight to behold. Won’t be as warm this time though…the weather that is…not the piss.
Come for the atmosphere, stay for the steamy piss cloud.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Covcraig@bury

I just stick the old chap through the fence and let nature take its course ! El fresco piss you can’t beat it , and if you do beat it you may get locked up..👀😳 just saying 🤫

pusbccfc

AOM

What pubs were good last year? Heard it was pretty hard getting a pint at the Greenman?
I've seen Boxpark is sold out, so was thinking of just going to the fan zone, but might rock up to one of the fan pubs if we get there early enough

South West Sky Blue

What pubs were good last year? Heard it was pretty hard getting a pint at the Greenman?
I've seen Boxpark is sold out, so was thinking of just going to the fan zone, but might rock up to one of the fan pubs if we get there early enough
Fan zone was good for an hour last year. Turned up less than two hours before kick-off. Had a 5 min queue and paid £7 per pint for a half decent pint.
It does close one hour before kick-off though.

Reactions: AOM

BananaFlats

We ended up in The Arch last year, a 2 minute walk round the corner from Wembley Stadium station. Decent outside area but queue's at the bar built up. Guess you'll get that everywhere though.

Reactions: AOM

SkyBluePower

Don’t laugh but we went for a boozy lunch at Frankie and Bennies last year at that Wembley outlet place. It was busy but not stupidly so and service was great and the food not as grim as I remember .

Tommo1993

Why do people get extra weird about Wembley?

Got their fresh trim for Wembley.
Got their clothes all set out for Wembley.

pusbccfc

Why do people get extra weird about Wembley?

Got their fresh trim for Wembley.
Got their clothes all set out for Wembley.

Why do people do those things before a holiday? Probably because you're going to be taking pictures, seeing people you don't always see etc.

CJ_covblaze

jackdg

Down on the train from Manc on Saturday with the Citeh fans, out on the sauce in Epsom on Saturday and on my bill until my brother gets to Wembley just before kick off. Cant wait

Users who are viewing this thread