• 35-40k

Votes: 52 32.3%
  • 40-45k

Votes: 25 15.5%
  • 45-50k (tickets permitting)

Votes: 11 6.8%

• Total voters

duffer

As an exeter fan I’ll be disappointed with fewer than 20,000 at Wembley and I’m bracing myself to be disappointed. Maybe there is a bit of some people being a bit over-Wembleyed, which is ridiculous, but then not everyone is as passionate about their club as I am. Sad but true, as Metallica once growled.

The following that you will take to Wembley is phenomenal and shows just what a travesty it is that you are down in league 2 with us. I genuinely hope you rise back up the leagues to where you belong. Starting next season.

Kind words, Fred. In fairness it's not exactly a cheap day out, and being on a Bank Holiday Monday doesn't make it easy for anyone with alternative plans already or with the kind of boss who isn't grateful to have his staff turn up on Tuesday reeking of beer and sounding like they've been gargling sandpaper.

Regardless of which side you follow, it doesn't worry me how many go, what matters is having a bloody good time. I sincerely hope we all do that mate (notwithstanding the eighteen-nil drubbing that's coming your way, obviously). ;)

covcity4life

Kind words, Fred. In fairness it's not exactly a cheap day out, and being on a Bank Holiday Monday doesn't make it easy for anyone with alternative plans already or with the kind of boss who isn't grateful to have his staff turn up on Tuesday reeking of beer and sounding like they've been gargling sandpaper.

Regardless of which side you follow, it doesn't worry me how many go, what matters is having a bloody good time. I sincerely hope we all do that mate (notwithstanding the eighteen-nil drubbing that's coming your way, obviously). ;)
@clint van damme will be along shortly to accuse you of loving exeter

Freddie, I reckon any 'fairweather' ECFC fan who sampled the library-like atmosphere of a 2/3rds empty Wembley last year won't be rushing to return this year.

Hopefully another poor attendance might convince the FA to perhaps seek a more suitable venue for these lower league play-offs. I'd take a packed St Mary's or Villa Park over a desolate Wembley any day. But that's a different argument.

baldy

Freddie, I reckon any 'fairweather' ECFC fan who sampled the library-like atmosphere of a 2/3rds empty Wembley last year won't be rushing to return this year.

Hopefully another poor attendance might convince the FA to perhaps seek a more suitable venue for these lower league play-offs. I'd take a packed St Mary's or Villa Park over a desolate Wembley any day. But that's a different argument.

Nah,how often do lower league teams get to walk out at Wembley?
Silly talk

robbiekeane

If we’d not left highfiekd road and gone down I’m not sure we’d have fallen so far
Oh well I agree with that. But you said:
Just shows how we would have stagnated in the championship had we not moved from high field road

Which is saying we would have stagnated if we stayed...

Ashdown

Based on population you could argue 12000 Exeter fans is comparable to 36000 Coventry fans at Wembley , 15000 would be a great effort ,20000 unreal
This rarely stacks up though, Exeter catchment areas will be significant with few other clubs around compared to us in the Midlands. As someone else said though their rugby team also has a trip to London to come, plus it's a lot of travel cash and time from Devon compared to us. I've paid about £63 for ticket and train today, I bet they'd struggle to do that. It's only an hour too for us.

Peter Billing Eyes

Bearing in mind we have already sold enough tickets to fill St.Mary’s, where would all your fans go?

Covstu

I think we have to accept that Exeter’s attendance is probably about avaerage for this league isn’t it? We seem to be one of the small exceptions maybe with a Luton. It is what it is and just helps us create a better atmosphere for our boys

Paul Johnson

This rarely stacks up though, Exeter catchment areas will be significant with few other clubs around compared to us in the Midlands. As someone else said though their rugby team also has a trip to London to come, plus it's a lot of travel cash and time from Devon compared to us. I've paid about £63 for ticket and train today, I bet they'd struggle to do that. It's only an hour too for us.
Me and my mates only paid 26 quid for a coach from Big green coach . sound :)

Exeter catchment areas will be significant with few other clubs around compared to us in the Midlands.

Anything west of Okehampton is Ply***th Arg**le territory. The south of the county is Torquay United. That leaves Mid- and East Devon as Exeter's catchment area - a quick squizz at a map will reveal very little in terms of urban centres. Basically there's Exmouth, Tiverton, Crediton and a few villages.

Not making excuses, btw, just pointing out that although we have a fairly large geographical area around us, there's barely anyone living in it! :D

Users who are viewing this thread