Votes: 52 32.3%
  • 40-45k

Votes: 25 15.5%
  • 45-50k (tickets permitting)

Votes: 11 6.8%

• Total voters

Tommo72

So we made it in a night remember.

How many will now take up tickets to see us at Wembley for the second consecutive year? Bank Holiday weekend, good weather forecast, huge buzz about the team, could we surpass our 43k last year?

I don’t think so.

Otis

What's the deal with tickets for neutrals? Or is it just split between the two clubs and any unsold blocks remain empty?

steve82

25k from ccfc. Start of the school holidays in the area and the cost at short notice. Struggled myself to get funds in place but off to Wembley we must go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Short notice, lots of home games, just before pay day, on the telly, bank holiday when people will have made plans.

I doubt we’ll take as many as last year.

I agree. We took 43k because we hadn’t been there in years and had weeks to drum up ticket sales. I was quite drunk on the way home last night and had no idea tickets had gone on sale until I woke up at 10 this morning!
It’s also a logistical nightmare as I’m going with a mate from Leeds who’s coming down for biggest weekend and stopping with me.

Adge

Anything over 30,000. Last year when it was the Checkatrade was a bit of a novelty.

chiefdave

Looks like Exeter took around 17K last season, we should easily outnumber them. Everyone get behind the boys and make as much noise as possible.

Sky Blue Harry H

I predicted 4-1 to us last night, so my eleventeen estimate should be taken seriously (actually think it will be nearer mid 30s (but nothing surprises me with our supporters)

BrizzolSkyBlue

So we made it in a night remember.

How many will now take up tickets to see us at Wembley for the second consecutive year? Bank Holiday weekend, good weather forecast, huge buzz about the team, could we surpass our 43k last year?

I don’t think so.
Why not nearly as many? Those who went last year were treated to a Wembley win and a great day out. Even luke warm supporters must want to repeat that experience. Especially with the forecast, Bank Holiday etc. Let's face it, it's just a bit better than the Ricoh experience!

Otis

Why not nearly as many? Those who went last year were treated to a Wembley win and a great day out. Even luke warm supporters must want to repeat that experience. Especially with the forecast, Bank Holiday etc. Let's face it, it's just a bit better than the Ricoh experience!
A lot of people may already have made plans though for the BH.

This is now very short notice. Just a week and a couple of days.

Ring Of Steel

Think of the implications here

Are we gonna start climbing back up the divisions? Will promotion loosen the purse strings a small bit? Promotion this year could be the start of something, as opposed to another year in league two and an inevitable exodus of players.

I’d say this is the single biggest game this century, no doubt- not cause of the ‘day out at wembley’ factor, not even for promotion reasons, but because this might just be the turning point, the beginning of something not seen at our club since the 1960s- this might just be our time... if we win

I’m abroad and can’t get to all games, but nothing would stop me being there and on this occasion I’m saying it- every single sky blue out there needs to get themselves to Wembley and shout us to what might be a new era

Elvis Pressley

just a stat:
last year
Coventry City win the Checkatrade Trophy final in front of a record breaking 74,434 fans
The 2017 EFL League Two play-off Final with exeter 23,380

fred binneys head

Looks like Exeter took around 17K last season, we should easily outnumber them. Everyone get behind the boys and make as much noise as possible.

Our numbers at Wembley have been markedly different each time. First time we went was our first ever visit to Wembley (old or new) and we took around 33,000 and lost. The next year we got there again and won but only took around 22,000. Last season we took around 19,000 and lost. This season I reckon we’ll take around 20,000. And win ;)

We’ve been lucky to have so many Wembley visits in recent years, but the novelty has definitely worn off. The reality is you’re a much, much bigger club and will rightly take many more fans than us.

I’ll guess total attendance of 52,000 with 20,000 reds and 32,000 sky blues.

Sbarcher

I tried to get a “neutral” ticket to this years Checkatrade final only to be told that tickets could only be obtained through each club and not through Wembley itself. This will put most neutrals off.

CCFC54321

If your a city supporter part time, full time, band wagon fan you’ll be there. I don’t get plans have been made etc - you just change them don’t you?

Weak excuses don’t wash with me. Either you in or your out if you want to follow your team.

Users who are viewing this thread