Well, they might just be our rivals again next season (1 Viewer)

H

Huckerby

Don't particularly take pleasure in any team being g relegated tbh

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

H

Huckerby

Take it you never bothered going to Villa Park in 2001 then?
Never bothered?

I was 10...was probably stuffing my face with flip pops lucky charms and sunny D while trying to find the elusive shiny Charazard and watching saved by the bell but yeh, sorry for not bothering bro

dancers lance

Never bothered?

I was 10...was probably stuffing my face with flip pops lucky charms and sunny D while trying to find the elusive shiny Charazard and watching saved by the bell but yeh, sorry for not bothering bro

That's so precious, did that big meany say something that hurt you in your safe space?

covhead1

I would take great pleasure from the vile getting relegated esp if we got promoted,
The thought of playing them next season in the championship makes me very happy

covcity4life

thing with villa is im not even sure that they would do a newcastle or west ham and come right back up. not a lot of investment there, their current squad isnt good enough for championship right now even in terms of top 6 perhaps

skybluepm2

Villa aren't just any team. They were the team that confirmed our relegation and they absolutely revelled in it on that day in 2001, before during and after the game. The worst experience as a supporter in my life. I wish nothing but misery for their fans

H

Huckerby

Villa aren't just any team. They were the team that confirmed our relegation and they absolutely revelled in it on that day in 2001, before during and after the game. The worst experience as a supporter in my life. I wish nothing but misery for their fans
You sound like a Sunderland fan. Move on

skybluepm2

Why do I need to move on? I don't sit up at night poking pins into a Villa voodoo doll but if he opportunity arose I would love them to go down. Nothing evil or sinister about wanting to inflict a bit of turmoil on your former rivals is there?

covcity4life

yeah nothing wrong with disliking teams huckerby, its part of being a footy fan

i love thought of villa being relegated even if i dont hate them as much as some of our fans and dont care for their individual results, i cracked up when leicester lost to watford in playoffs and i am proud ABU when it comes to man u games

Johnnythespider

I for one would love to be playing them next season, have always seen them as our big rivals, mainly due to the fact that they always uesd to beat us and the fans took it for granted that they would.

lifeskyblue

Not really fussed about them. For the last ten seasons or more they have been perennial underachievers just like us... Difference being they have underachieved in the premiership and us in lower leagues.
I dislike man Utd and Chelsea far more mainly due to Ferguson in the case of Man U and Jose in case of Chelsea. The arrogance of those two managers and their belief that they have a right to bully, intimidate and offend match officials to the extent that decisions generally favour their teams incenses me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mechaishida

Personally, I wouldn't revel in Villa's inevitable relegation, I'd reserve a satisfied smirk though...I'll never forget the smug, boasting, repugnant abuse we got from their fans when they sealed our relegation. I've forgiven, but I've not forgotten.

If fate is correct, we'll be playing them next season. And honestly, I hope we rape them. PUSB.

Senior Vick from Alicante

I think its down to the fact that they were the team to relegate us added to the fact that a lot of their fans are from the surrounding area. Brummies tend to be blues fans, Villa draw on their support from places like Leam, Kenilworth and Solihull which means they are a bit more in your face. That said they are a poor team this year and i will be giving some of my work colleagues grief if they go down.

SkyBlueSid

People do have short memories. That last game at Aston Villa made no difference to our relegation in 2001. We were 2-0 up that day. Had we actually hung on and won, we would still have been relegated at the end of that game, defeat made no difference. Villa fans might love to say they sent us down but it isn't true.

smileycov

Facebook User
Villa aren't just any team. They were the team that confirmed our relegation and they absolutely revelled in it on that day in 2001, before during and after the game. The worst experience as a supporter in my life. I wish nothing but misery for their fans 

No they didn't, Derby winning 1-0 at Old Trafford confirmed our relegation. After that our result was irrelevant.

mechaishida

No they didn't, Derby winning 1-0 at Old Trafford confirmed our relegation. After that our result was irrelevant.

The Villa fans' reaction to our relegation, and the fact they revelled in it just a tad too much, was totally unforgettable. I personally thought they sealed our relegation by beating us, so I stand corrected.

smileycov

Facebook User
Most of my family are Villa, so I have had years of dogs abuse!! I was at Highfield Rd when we beat them for the very first time 2-1. I was also fortunate enough to be at Villa Park on both occasions we won, 4-1 in the league (Dublin scoring a consolation pen for them) and an absolutely amazing 1-0 win in the 4th rd ( i believe?) of the FA Cup. For anyone that was there that day, the atmosphere was one of the best i have been involved in, it felt like a home match and it just seemed like we was obviously going to win!!
I am older so the Villa will always be special matches to look forward too, i hope they come down and we go up. The young fans will start to realise what a local derby is truly like when they witness there first. Leicester games were good, but Cov Villa? something else!!

Skyblue4u

Anybody that went to the games against Villa will know, despite what they might say, they really did "care" about us back then

eastwoodsdustman

Most of my family are Villa, so I have had years of dogs abuse!! I was at Highfield Rd when we beat them for the very first time 2-1. I was also fortunate enough to be at Villa Park on both occasions we won, 4-1 in the league (Dublin scoring a consolation pen for them) and an absolutely amazing 1-0 win in the 4th rd ( i believe?) of the FA Cup. For anyone that was there that day, the atmosphere was one of the best i have been involved in, it felt like a home match and it just seemed like we was obviously going to win!!
I am older so the Villa will always be special matches to look forward too, i hope they come down and we go up. The young fans will start to realise what a local derby is truly like when they witness there first. Leicester games were good, but Cov Villa? something else!!

I was trying to explain this to my 15 yr old son and a couple of his mates on Saturday. Its hard for the younger generation to realise what it was like and what it meant. Hopefully they'll realise next season!!

Disgruntled Sky Blue

Like you, I remember being at all those games.

Although the 4:1 result was a fantastic first league win at Villa; the cup game was truly special. The City fans refused to leave long after the final whistle and kept on singing and celebrating much to the bemusement of the stewards and the odd Villa fan. This was in stark contrast to 2001 where I don't think I have ever witnessed so many grown men in tears. The reality of being relegated after escaping on so many previous occasions was a real shock even though the writing was on the wall after we lost at home to Everton 3:0 and some fans attacked Strachan. You had to be there that day when the Villa fans just abused us. I would rather we were relegated the week before rather than going there of all places to seal our fate. The deep pain of that day is why that rivalry still exists for many of us.

Have I forgotten? Never. Forgiven? Well to be honest I was more angry at Manchester United for Ferguson saving his mate Bald Eagle from a more deserving relegation. The result at Villa Park as some have already mentioned was irrelevant because of what happened at Old Trafford. Having said all that I want Villa relegated, us promoted and old hostilities revived (in the nicest possible way!). We can then sing our anti Villa songs with some true relevance ;)

PVA

I wish we'd stop with the SOTV chant. It's embarrassing, they're two divisions higher than us ffs.

Users who are viewing this thread