Weight and working out (4 Viewers)

LastGarrison

Is that with Lee? The go commando one? I started doing his rapid fit sessions in the morning on Facebook
That’s the one.

Advocated his RapidFit stuff on here a couple of times but then didn’t follow my own advice. :cry:

Did a couple of sessions of BC last week and it was great to be back.

He’s a good guy is Lee. For a Liverpool fan.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
That’s the one.

Advocated his RapidFit stuff on here a couple of times but then didn’t follow my own advice. :cry:

Did a couple of sessions of BC last week and it was great to be back.

He’s a good guy is Lee. For a Liverpool fan.

Have loved his rapid fit sessions and the Pegan style diet, I just cannot make the times he does the commando class to make it worthwhile membership wise otherwise would attend them myself.
Have lost weight in lockdown doing his sessions and diet change

Nick

Administrator
Reckon if we get enough together he would put on a Sky Blues Talk class?

There's nothing better than training when you are doing circuits etc and you can't stop because you worry about looking like a twat so you have to push though!

LastGarrison

Knowing him he probably would.

Could you imagine the competitiveness between posters? If we have to partner up I’m going with Trav. :LOL:

Nick

Administrator
Knowing him he probably would.

Could you imagine the competitiveness between posters? If we have to partner up I’m going with Trav. :LOL:

Fuck that, he would be that bloke who would run there 10 miles full sprint to do the workout and not have broken into a sweat. Nobody likes a show off.

Nick

Administrator
What's a pegan diet?

The pegan diet is a mash-up of two popular styles of eating: vegan and paleo. With the vegan diet's strict adherence to animal-free eating and paleo's reputation for being meat-centric, it might seem like these two eating styles are opposites. And yet, the pegan diet attempts to blend the best of both worlds.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The pegan diet is a mash-up of two popular styles of eating: vegan and paleo. With the vegan diet's strict adherence to animal-free eating and paleo's reputation for being meat-centric, it might seem like these two eating styles are opposites. And yet, the pegan diet attempts to blend the best of both worlds.

Isn't that just called 'eating'?

Mild-Mannered Janitor

It is eating but it takes out the refined processed food mainly so meat, salad, veg, no ready meals and takes out pasta, normal spuds, rice etc and you have little quantities of sweet potato.
The way Lee has been advising is that we stay close to slow GI release food and not spiking the insulin levels.

None of us are fit enough to run a class, I can recommend the rapid fit ones and also one I do at Earlsdon rugby club 3 times a week (Mon/Thurs/Sat) on a pay as you go basis, thinks it’s £3.5 a session now and if you attend more than one a week you can join two others on zoom on a Tuesday/Wednesday

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It is eating but it takes out the refined processed food mainly so meat, salad, veg, no ready meals and takes out pasta, normal spuds, rice etc and you have little quantities of sweet potato.
The way Lee has been advising is that we stay close to slow GI release food and not spiking the insulin levels.

None of us are fit enough to run a class, I can recommend the rapid fit ones and also one I do at Earlsdon rugby club 3 times a week (Mon/Thurs/Sat) on a pay as you go basis, thinks it’s £3.5 a session now and if you attend more than one a week you can join two others on zoom on a Tuesday/Wednesday

Just seems a bit of a shit way of naming it and mashing two total opposites. One totally against animal products, one based almost solely on it. Neither of those specifically talk about not eating processed foods etc.

It's a normal diet that's low on carbs and cuts out processed food so nothing to do with either vegan or paleo diets.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

I don’t disagree and I don’t make the names up but I’m sure there is money in someone doing it and selling books, recipes and everything else out of it

Travs

Is the original poster (Kieran) still posting on here? i read the first few pages, then it started going on about 72hr fasts, etc...

Kieran my advice is find something you can stick to that is sustainable, and you unfortunately then have to see it as a permanent change, rather than a "diet".

Sounds like you're doing fantastically well though. As you are already some way into you weight loss, you probably already discovered that initially you can lose an absolute shit-load... this is because when you are (over)eating, your body is retaining lots of water which it requires for digestion. When you start lowering your calories, your body needs less water. Hence why you piss like a racehorse at the start of a diet, and also lose weight very quickly (did you mention 3kg in one day?!?).

You sound like you're still going well, but at some point it will start to slow down. It's really important not to get discouraged, it happens, but keep at your change of lifestyle and the results will come.

As for going to a gym, i didn't read far enough to see if you ever joined one... but if you haven't i'd certainly recommend it. I go to Capitol Gym on Longford Rd, which has a reputation as a "weights" or perhaps a "meat-head" gym. Certainly yes there is a higher proportion of "serious" people there, but they are as likely to be boxers, rugby players, or runners (like myself) as roid-addled lunatics. That kind of gym is probably right up your street.... nobody in a place like that is going to look at you negatively for trying to improve yourself, and you are likely to get better advice and encouragement in a place like that... i can totally understand it may be intimidating to step into a gym and see everybody seemingly in good shape, but there's allsorts.

Capitol are also affiliated to a couple of other similar gyms around the city. All reasonably priced (i think i pay direct debit and it's £26 a month). Any gym is going to appreciate your custom at this difficult time.

My story (for what it's worth)... pretty unremarkable.... i was a saturday and sunday league football player, and also played midweek... sounds pretty healthy but that also meant several weeknights and most of the weekend in the pub. My weight slowly increased, but as a tall guy i always carried it well and have always had good cardio fitness. One xmas i stepped on the scales and was amazed to be 102kg (just over 16 stone).

I'd just recently got into Thai Kickboxing and just threw everything at it. Started having only fruit juice or yoghurt for breakfast (somewhere you've got to lose calories, and i'd rather be a little hungrier during the day and then go to bed with a good meal inside me), and started eating rice instead of mash potato, chicken instead of sausages and bacon, etc. All simple changes.

My original target was 84kg but i sailed through that and ultimately stepped into the ring for a pro fight weighing 77.3kg (for a fight at 78kg). After stopping kickboxing i was straight into running and have never really gone back above about 82kg. However i'm on a real drive at the moment with diet and training and weighed this morning at 78.8kg, which it just about the lightest i've been since my fight.

It isn't easy, or everyone would be walking round ripped to shreds. But there's always plenty of people to offer advice and support...

Kieranp96

Is the original poster (Kieran) still posting on here? i read the first few pages, then it started going on about 72hr fasts, etc...

Kieran my advice is find something you can stick to that is sustainable, and you unfortunately then have to see it as a permanent change, rather than a "diet".

Sounds like you're doing fantastically well though. As you are already some way into you weight loss, you probably already discovered that initially you can lose an absolute shit-load... this is because when you are (over)eating, your body is retaining lots of water which it requires for digestion. When you start lowering your calories, your body needs less water. Hence why you piss like a racehorse at the start of a diet, and also lose weight very quickly (did you mention 3kg in one day?!?).

You sound like you're still going well, but at some point it will start to slow down. It's really important not to get discouraged, it happens, but keep at your change of lifestyle and the results will come.

As for going to a gym, i didn't read far enough to see if you ever joined one... but if you haven't i'd certainly recommend it. I go to Capitol Gym on Longford Rd, which has a reputation as a "weights" or perhaps a "meat-head" gym. Certainly yes there is a higher proportion of "serious" people there, but they are as likely to be boxers, rugby players, or runners (like myself) as roid-addled lunatics. That kind of gym is probably right up your street.... nobody in a place like that is going to look at you negatively for trying to improve yourself, and you are likely to get better advice and encouragement in a place like that... i can totally understand it may be intimidating to step into a gym and see everybody seemingly in good shape, but there's allsorts.

Capitol are also affiliated to a couple of other similar gyms around the city. All reasonably priced (i think i pay direct debit and it's £26 a month). Any gym is going to appreciate your custom at this difficult time.

My story (for what it's worth)... pretty unremarkable.... i was a saturday and sunday league football player, and also played midweek... sounds pretty healthy but that also meant several weeknights and most of the weekend in the pub. My weight slowly increased, but as a tall guy i always carried it well and have always had good cardio fitness. One xmas i stepped on the scales and was amazed to be 102kg (just over 16 stone).

I'd just recently got into Thai Kickboxing and just threw everything at it. Started having only fruit juice or yoghurt for breakfast (somewhere you've got to lose calories, and i'd rather be a little hungrier during the day and then go to bed with a good meal inside me), and started eating rice instead of mash potato, chicken instead of sausages and bacon, etc. All simple changes.

My original target was 84kg but i sailed through that and ultimately stepped into the ring for a pro fight weighing 77.3kg (for a fight at 78kg). After stopping kickboxing i was straight into running and have never really gone back above about 82kg. However i'm on a real drive at the moment with diet and training and weighed this morning at 78.8kg, which it just about the lightest i've been since my fight.

It isn't easy, or everyone would be walking round ripped to shreds. But there's always plenty of people to offer advice and support...
I still post here ;), im around 124kg as of this morning, I'm in full flow here eating strict (very low calorie aswell) and working out like a mother fucker in my garden, my mates just had a hard breakup after his misses cheated d on him after like 6 years so we're gona start hitting the gym to take his mind of things gives him something to do and gives me a bit of motivation as I will have a friend with me :).

Travs

Fair play to you. Just be wary of over-restricting the calories. Trust me, i've "made weight" for several fights... trying to function as a human, never mind train, is incredibly tough if you don't put a reasonable amount of fuel in... ultimately it was that mental strain which is why i stopped doing kickboxing, rather than anything physical...

If you're working at a calorie deficit the weight will come off in time...

Sky_Blue_Daz

As someone mentioned earlier the body is a funny thing , I used to run a lot up to 10 miles 3 times a week never really lost a lot of weight , broke my leg, ankle and needed a skin graft and was in hospital for 3 weeks and lost nearly a stone and a half

When I came home I ate and drank out of boredom andmy weight crept up and I put 2 stone on .
Got the ok to use the cross trainer andswim in October. Lost about half a stone
First couple of weeks of lockdown was pretty much on the lash every night at home , but walked the dog for an hour and a half and weight stayed roughly the same

Got the ok to start running again in April so did the couch to 5k and am now running 4 miles 3 times a week and walk the dog on the same route every day . I still need further surgery on my skin graft as I had what’s known as a Skinflapput on over my left ankle bone . Essentially they took the blood vessels from my right calf and transferred them onto my original wound, they will suction the fluid from my ankle and smooth it down
Sorry for rattling on but I’m now at the weight I was back in hospital considering o put a lot of effort into lose it but in hospital it dropped off over 21 days

I don’t intend to increase my running but will reduce the beer intake to once or twice a week doing dry July at the minute so drinking loads of water and never really feel hungry also I’ve knocked bread and potatoes on the head .

Travs

I think diet trumps exercise if you're looking purely at it in weight terms... but get both ticking along nicely and the transformation can be pretty spectacular...

Kieranp96

Fair play to you. Just be wary of over-restricting the calories. Trust me, i've "made weight" for several fights... trying to function as a human, never mind train, is incredibly tough if you don't put a reasonable amount of fuel in... ultimately it was that mental strain which is why i stopped doing kickboxing, rather than anything physical...

If you're working at a calorie deficit the weight will come off in time...
My calorie deficit is in the 1000 a day atm that's going of my bmr

shmmeee

I find 1000 a day deficit doable, I know some don’t, I can’t go to 1500 without seriously feeling it (I tried). I guess people have their own limits.

Kieranp96

I find 1000 a day deficit doable, I know some don’t, I can’t go to 1500 without seriously feeling it (I tried). I guess people have their own limits.
I mean I can do nothing but drink water for 7 days if I really want to and still feel fairly decent, as I told a family member who was complaining its my body I will lose it no matter what if you have any issues keep them to your self 😂

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Woodlands. They re-opened last week. It was pretty empty compared to pre lockdown. Saying that, it is Cov fortnight.
Is Cov fortnight still a thing? Can't be that many places now that can't accommodate staggered holidays and need to shut down for two weeks?

Or is it just the first two weeks of kids being off and everyone wants to get away, esp this year when there's a fear of travel being restricted again so get away while you can?

clint van damme

Is Cov fortnight still a thing? Can't be that many places now that can't accommodate staggered holidays and need to shut down for two weeks?

Or is it just the first two weeks of kids being off and everyone wants to get away, esp this year when there's a fear of travel being restricted again so get away while you can?

I think a bit of both.

johnwillomagic

Lost 24lbs since lockdown - low carbs minimal exercise tbh - diet massively affects weight loss exercise not much but is still good health wise.

My original target was to ose 28lbs but now set new goal at 36lbs will then need to tone up too and that is where the exercise will need to kick in.
I have to watch I don't pverdo exercise though as 45 with dodgy knees and ankles, That being said sunday league team begged me to play again this season....so will give that a go to and see how body holds up.

Congrats to all on weight loss and wishing all look for future weight loss projects.

covcity4life

Got paralette bars now for dips. Tris are coming along

On a strict diet but nandos is now half price!!!

And before anyone says it no chance am I going mangos and not having peri peri chips

Ring Of Steel

What’s going on with Garmin? The app has been down for a fortnight now, turns out they’re apparently the victims of a ransomware attack, so everyone’s data is currently held unless Garmin pay a silly sum of money over... pain in the arse, you can’t use the app at all now

Kieranp96

What’s going on with Garmin? The app has been down for a fortnight now, turns out they’re apparently the victims of a ransomware attack, so everyone’s data is currently held unless Garmin pay a silly sum of money over... pain in the arse, you can’t use the app at all now
I can't even afford a fancy watch 😭, will get one eventually 😂

Ring Of Steel

Went to the gym a bit earlier, felt good- there was some guy in there doing seated leg presses like I’ve never seen before, he literally couldn’t fit any more 20kg plates on the thing, it has to have easily been 300kg+ total, he did some sets then let the weights drop with a massive crash each time, the whole place was watching amazed... he didn’t even look that strong, but my god he was something else.. I thought I was doing ok pumping a few bench presses out, but felt decidedly inadequate after that :p

Nick

Administrator
Don't bother, I've had 5 Fitbits, they don't last any longer than a few months. Poorly made crap.
I've got a Huawei watch now, decent battery but no Strava api annoyingly
Mine has been ok, I've had a Fitbit blaze for about 2 and a half years.

I did replace the battery in it though.

Users who are viewing this thread