Weight and working out (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

I fucking hate the overhead press.

That is all.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
I'm gonna get some of this Huel stuff, I have hit the wall and it must be something to do with diet... gyms are back open so I'm going in every other day for at least an hour on weights, then 30 mins on a treadmill or elyptical trainer, and on the nights I don't go in I do a few abs/ pressup type exercises on the mat at home & then go for a 5k or a mix of walking & running for up to 7/8k- but in the last few weeks the body fat % is stuck at about 17%, all progress has completely ceased, its like my body is refusing to go any further. I'm more active now then ever & don't have any joint pain so I now don't think its overtraining, so its got to be food. Maybe a bit of complacency crept in, I do treat myself to the odd bagel & more bread than I used to, and I got lazy- instead of taking steam veg in for lunch I'd have a can of kidney beans or something- carb intake has probably shot up.

I am no expert, but from what I can see whatever I was doing to lose weight no longer works to tone up & really get the last bits of fat off. So having something set up just right for nutrition which can just be eaten fast- sounds like the answer.
I would say that you need to lose the refined carbs/sugar to see a further drop in body fat percentage, virtually Pegan style diet of meat and salad/veg with nuts (not peanuts) and a protein shake (in a blender) like Purition (not a smooth taste though)

Ring Of Steel

I would say that you need to lose the refined carbs/sugar to see a further drop in body fat percentage, virtually Pegan style diet of meat and salad/veg with nuts (not peanuts) and a protein shake (in a blender) like Purition (not a smooth taste though)

I’m gonna make it my mission this weekend to make some changes, just in time for the weekly shop so I can get my orders in with the wife..

I haven’t heard of Pegan, that’s my starting point, thank you :)

Covstu

I think I might be due a new road bike soon. I’m biding my time until the glut arrives on eBay again. Prices for bikes are through the roof at the minute but should drop pretty soon again once people can get to the pub instead of going out on their bike.
Yes come winter time there will be some serious bargains to be had. Selling bikes is now very tough due to the volumes up for grabs so they are dirt cheap but equally there are some duffers out there

Covstu

I'm gonna get some of this Huel stuff, I have hit the wall and it must be something to do with diet... gyms are back open so I'm going in every other day for at least an hour on weights, then 30 mins on a treadmill or elyptical trainer, and on the nights I don't go in I do a few abs/ pressup type exercises on the mat at home & then go for a 5k or a mix of walking & running for up to 7/8k- but in the last few weeks the body fat % is stuck at about 17%, all progress has completely ceased, its like my body is refusing to go any further. I'm more active now then ever & don't have any joint pain so I now don't think its overtraining, so its got to be food. Maybe a bit of complacency crept in, I do treat myself to the odd bagel & more bread than I used to, and I got lazy- instead of taking steam veg in for lunch I'd have a can of kidney beans or something- carb intake has probably shot up.

I am no expert, but from what I can see whatever I was doing to lose weight no longer works to tone up & really get the last bits of fat off. So having something set up just right for nutrition which can just be eaten fast- sounds like the answer.
Use my link for a discount!

Mucca Mad Boys

Ordered the black :)

I take it is one meal alongside others?

It’s a meal replacement so you could choose to have 3-4 shakes a day if you want.

I first got Huel in 2017, when it was relatively new to the market and I haven’t gone back since my original purchase. Personally, I prefer whey protein shakes.

Recommendations:
- blend your shakes for the smoothest results. The mix came out clunky when shaked in the cup
- add fruit for extra flavour + sweetness
- milk works well if you want a creamier flavour and to feel fuller after you drink it
- honey is a nice natural sweetener / or even dark chocolate
- depending on flavour, you can add things like PB and even stock cubes for a ‘curry’ type shake. There’s all sorts of recipes on the internet

It’s noting that, a lot of the vitamins and minerals in the shake are ‘artificial’ - I don’t know what that means exactly.

Dead handy if you’re constantly on the go and don’t like cooking!

Enjoy!

Seamus1

I’m a group exercise instructor in my spare time so just wanted to add, for Kieran and for anyone else who might be nervous about going to a gym, that group exercise is also a good alternative. Held in a studio away from the gym floor. Speaking for myself, I’m certainly nothing to look at (I know some can be intimidated by the ‘perfect’ looking gym instructor) but my main aim is that for the hour or so that I teach each class, every person in that studio enjoys it. I love every single person that comes through the door to the studio because they have invested their time and trust in me (and the programs I teach) to get them one step further on their fitness journey, but the ones who give me the biggest smile are those who come and give it a try for the first time. It’s also a great way to meet new people, make new friends, so it can also help people’s mental health. I know earlier Kieran said he was around the Willenhall area; there are some great instructors at Alan Higgs, and obviously if you join there then you can also possibly use The Wave in the city centre. Best wishes to all

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

Going to a military fitness class shortly, used to go to one of these a few years back and enjoyed it but the bloke that run it folded it

fernandopartridge

How much do you hurt?
It was decent, I do a bit of running so I'm not completely unfit but don't use any other muscles, so can feel it now. The old one I went to was in a hilly park which incorporated hill runs which I like, this one is flat so is more like circuits at the minute but staying in your own bit. Weather grim up here though, it pissed down all the way through.

@LastGarrison yeah, I find I'm boozing at home a lot more. Keep ordering different brewery beers. Haven't been in a pub yet mind!

Nick

Administrator
Circuits are good. Means you have to get stuck in else you look a pussy!

Beer was my worst thing, not had any for a while now and just need exercise to get intense.

covcity4life

21 pull ups today albeit split into sets

Bought some dips bar a so doijg 50 a day 3 times a week

Doijg low carbs but not zero. Feel great

Nick

Administrator
21 pull ups today albeit split into sets

Bought some dips bar a so doijg 50 a day 3 times a week

Doijg low carbs but not zero. Feel great

Im on low carb but hopefully in keto now, feel much more alert and awake. The exercise part is just long walks and pressups at the minute until I can sort something properly.

Really not craving snacks at all now and the bulletproof coffee does a job in the morning.

covcity4life

Im on low carb but hopefully in keto now, feel much more alert and awake. The exercise part is just long walks and pressups at the minute until I can sort something properly.

Really not craving snacks at all now and the bulletproof coffee does a job in the morning.
Keto works so well but after 2 weeks insteuggle to do a shit no matter how much veg i eat

shmmeee

Keto works so well but after 2 weeks insteuggle to do a shit no matter how much veg i eat

I used to joke that I’d do an entire weeks shit on my cheat day.

Also drink fuck tons of water on a low carb diet, not for the shit though it helps, but a few years back I ended up in hospital with kidney stones and the doc blamed me doing Keto and not drinking enough.

covcity4life

Really? Have you tried MCT Oil? Literally just lubes them up to slide out.

No hears of it tho. Will see if it's gluten free
I used to joke that I’d do an entire weeks shit on my cheat day.

Also drink fuck tons of water on a low carb diet, not for the shit though it helps, but a few years back I ended up in hospital with kidney stones and the doc blamed me doing Keto and not drinking enough.

Didnt kbow this. Will get stricter on water intake

shmmeee

Down 10kg from when I started end of May. Missed my workout Wednesday for the first time cos I was knackered and depressed. Need to make sure I’m back on it tonight.
Still can’t bring myself to run. Keep going to bed late and waking up late. Tried to go early last night and still lay there for two hours.

covmark

Down 10kg from when I started end of May. Missed my workout Wednesday for the first time cos I was knackered and depressed. Need to make sure I’m back on it tonight.
Still can’t bring myself to run. Keep going to bed late and waking up late. Tried to go early last night and still lay there for two hours.
Bloody hell 10kg in 6 weeks is good going mate. Well done.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Bloody hell 10kg in 6 weeks is good going mate. Well done.

More like 7 and just under 10 (9.5 I think) but thanks! I’ve always been able to drop quickly.Problem is I put it back on even quicker.

I’ve been low carb, which always works for me, but this time being way more chilled on my cheat day and skipping breakfast so sort of IF, also only have a small meal the day after cheat day cos I’m not hungry. It really seems to have done the trick. Then just StrongLifts 5x5 three days a week for exercise.

I’ve found I barely need to eat working from home and there’s been no temptations of Maccys which helps.

Ive been kinda running an experiment to see how little I can eat as my problem is emotional and boredom eating. May have overdone it at points (nearly fainted once), but it’s shown me how much I eat because I want it rather than need it.

covmark

Beers and BBqs are my problem during the summer, and what with gyms being closed for months, it's been an issue for me.
I've gotten really lazy. If I'm paying for the gym I'm inclined to use it, because I'm tight and don't want to waste the money I'm spending on it haha.
I haven't put on much weight, but I think I've lost muscle and put on fat. My waist has expanded and I feel generally fatter.
Really need to motivate myself. I know it'll benefit me mentally as well as physically, its just getting started.

Marty

I've stopped losing for the past couple of weeks but I've continued to excercise, eat healthy, (apart from BBQ & cake on my birthday), clothes fitting better, etc so should be due a move on the scales soon.

LastGarrison

Boot camp starts again next week and I’m in desperate need!!!!

Moved to the Memorial Park as well which makes it easier to get to which is a bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread