Weak Minded Fans... (3 Viewers)

When Scrotium cash in on at least 2 of Christie, Clarke, Baker, Wilson, Moussa in the next week, the penny will drop (no pun intended) and some of the 'we support the team and manager' crew will again have second thoughts.

SISU haven't done anything to piss us off in a couple of weeks, the last couple of days of transfer window is where they can hurt us again..with no time to replace who they ship out.

Actually, I tell a lie. It pissed me off today seeing gunnarsson bag and Ben turner lining up for Cardiff against Manchester City. Two players the scum let go for fucking peanuts!

It was not for peanuts SISU made a lot of money on Turner, (all transfer prices undisclosed).They do not want you to know how much money they are taking out of the club.

CCFCSteve

The fact is there is no particular right or wrong in this argument (some fans will want to watch the team wherever they play, some will never accept the current situation), but the fans going to sixfields must accept that by doing so we are unlikely to return to Coventry for at least five years. If they accept that will be the case and still want to support the team, then so be it.

Unfortunately, as Pressley appears to be doing a fine job under the circumstances, I wont be going to a 'home' game whilst we play outside of Coventry. It just doesn't make sense to me. I'm still waiting for someone (fan or owner) to justify not playing at the Ricoh, temporarily or permanently, as what Ive heard to date just doesn't convince me,

Snozz_is_god

Here's the thing, I'm not going to Northampton because it's 35 miles away, actually I live in Tamworth so for me it's 50+ miles away, that's a round trip of 100+ miles for a 'home' game.

Sorry I'm not doing that, some people are just over looking the obvious.

torchomatic

torchomatic

[video=youtube;RhWb5mHB51Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhWb5mHB51Q[/video]

For someone called torchomatic, that's hardly illuminating.

Paxman II

The fact is there is no particular right or wrong in this argument (some fans will want to watch the team wherever they play, some will never accept the current situation), but the fans going to sixfields must accept that by doing so we are unlikely to return to Coventry for at least five years. If they accept that will be the case and still want to support the team, then so be it.

Unfortunately, as Pressley appears to be doing a fine job under the circumstances, I wont be going to a 'home' game whilst we play outside of Coventry. It just doesn't make sense to me. I'm still waiting for someone (fan or owner) to justify not playing at the Ricoh, temporarily or permanently, as what Ive heard to date just doesn't convince me,

I will await your logical explanation why we will not return to Coventry for at least 5 years because a few fans go to sixfield's.

torchomatic

Cheeky. Paul Haig is Godlike in our house.

I would never have associated you with something so boring, repetitive and dull ..... honest.

Grendel

I would never have associated you with something so boring, repetitive and dull ..... honest.

I'm sure your username is an obscure piece of Cockney rhyming slang.

RPHunt

I'm sure your username is an obscure piece of Cockney rhyming slang.

Not even mildly amusing the first time you tried it Grendel and it is a slur on one of the greatest players to ever pull on a Sky Blue shirt. But you would be ignorant of that, like most other things.

torchomatic

I find most religions to be boring, repetitive and dull.

All religions for me.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Yorkshire SB

Been stated on many occasions that SISU are able to cope with the losses for a number of seasons, therefore ruling the NOPM campaign redundant. However not going is a protest in itself and does attract a level of media attention, which is what we want. Of course a bigger protest, attracting far more media attention, would be to fill the stadium and have anti-SISU banners, flags, scarves.

Really don't like some fans berating others for going to watch us. Judging someone as 'weak-minded' for watching us, is laughable and completely ignorant.

RPHunt

However not going is a protest in itself and does attract a level of media attention, which is what we want.

It certainly does. The Times headline today, above quite a large report:

Few takers for Coventry goal carnival as fan's boycott remains solid

CCFCSteve

I will await your logical explanation why we will not return to Coventry for at least 5 years because a few fans go to sixfield's.

Im not just talking about a few fans, who knows how many will go as the season progresses. My personal view is the fewer people that go, the more pressure (financial and via media) will be applied on the owners to resolve the situation and return to coventry.

If sixfields was full every week there would be far less pressure.

wince

Really don't like some fans berating others for going to watch us. Judging someone as 'weak-minded' for watching us, is laughable and completely ignorant.
Don't agree I know a lot of people for different reasons can not go to sixfields ,nothing wrong with all sticking together and as not going as one voice , the fact that some people can go should no matter. When browns would not let the soldiers in to be served many people who could go in boycotted , reason because they are not selfish or week minded ,but sometimes you just have to do what is right by others even if it causes you some hardship

Yorkshire SB

Don't agree I know a lot of people for different reasons can not go to sixfields ,nothing wrong with all sticking together and as not going as one voice , the fact that some people can go should no matter. When browns would not let the soldiers in to be served many people who could go in boycotted , reason because they are not selfish or week minded ,but sometimes you just have to do what is right by others even if it causes you some hardship

I don't care if you agree or not, it's my opinion.
Additionally, travelling 60 odd miles and paying out a decent amount to watch and support your team doesn't strike me as selfish.
I would also describe someone who lies and cheats as weak minded; not somebody who decides to watch their football team play. If a franchise move was actually a vaguely realistic notion, or SISU were not able to accommodate for the losses in ticket sales then I would agree that a blanket boycott should be in place, but that is not the case.
I certainly understand why people choose not to go, what the club have done is appalling and the protests that have gone on have been fantastic in spite of adversity. However I also understand why people would still want to go, they want to support their team, which is also commendable given the tough circumstances.

wince

Additionally, travelling 60 odd miles and paying out a decent amount to watch and support your team doesn't strike me as selfish.
I would also describe someone who lies and cheats as weak minded; not somebody who decides to watch their football team play. If a franchise move was actually a vaguely realistic notion, or SISU were not able to accommodate for the losses in ticket sales then I would agree that a blanket boycott should be in place, but that is not the case.
I certainly understand why people choose not to go, what the club have done is appalling and the protests that have gone on have been fantastic in spite of adversity. However I also understand why people would still want to go, they want to support their team, which is also commendable given the tough circumstances.
yes that's your opinion but like 85% of fan its not mine , my mate has custody of his lad Saturdays and has had a season ticket for 8 years he does not have him on a sunday , I could be selfish and say well im going because I need my fix or I could stand shoulder to shoulder with him and at least 8 other people I know, who even if they wanted to go can not. And by the way for way for what its worth I haven't got a problem with anyone having there own opinion and going if they want ,but im not ignorant its just not for me

J

Jack Griffin

Been stated on many occasions that SISU are able to cope with the losses for a number of seasons, therefore ruling the NOPM campaign redundant. However not going is a protest in itself and does attract a level of media attention, which is what we want. Of course a bigger protest, attracting far more media attention, would be to fill the stadium and have anti-SISU banners, flags, scarves.

Nonsense, they won't be liking the financial pressure.

NOPM will work, just needs a bit of time..

simple_simon

Im not just talking about a few fans, who knows how many will go as the season progresses. My personal view is the fewer people that go, the more pressure (financial and via media) will be applied on the owners to resolve the situation and return to coventry.

If sixfields was full every week there would be far less pressure.

Agreed.....

Yorkshire SB

yes that's your opinion but like 85% of fan its not mine , my mate has custody of his lad Saturdays and has had a season ticket for 8 years he does not have him on a sunday , I could be selfish and say well im going because I need my fix or I could stand shoulder to shoulder with him and at least 8 other people I know, who even if they wanted to go can not. And by the way for way for what its worth I haven't got a problem with anyone having there own opinion and going if they want ,but im not ignorant its just not for me

So you don't have a problem with anyone who goes, but believe they are 'selfish' and 'weak-minded!?
I feel for your mate, it's a terrible state of affairs, I'm not denying that. It's unfortunate that he and others can't go, but that still doesn't give other fans the right to take a 'holier than thou' stance and label those who do go as selfish and weak-minded.

I've seen so many people claim to have been season ticket holder before this Northampton move that it's a wonder we didn't sell out the Ricoh every week!

standupforcity

I'm PRO the Sky Blues, where ever they play, HOME or away!

Never ever supported an owner or a stadium (Arena), the council, company who run the stadium or the people who supply the food & drink.

The Team on the pitch is the most important thing to me and getting behind them 110%

PUSB

Couldn't agree more, but these are exceptional circumstances, where the actual existance of the the club is at stake, a team to support is at stake, and to support the cause of this chaos by watching the team at home now, will only assist in an early end!!

Snozz_is_god

Not everyone who is staying away are doing it because of NOPM.

It may come to a surprise to some of you who can't see beyond the end of your noses, but a lot of people are staying away because....... it's 35 miles away doh!

You can't move a football club 35 mile from it's core support and expect everyone to follow.

Oh! by the way, I do believe staying away from Northampton will work in the long run & please don't be be fooled by SISU when they say they can sustain the loss, because they are bound to say that aren't they.

Otis

It may come to a surprise to some of you who can't see beyond the end of your noses, but a lot of people are staying away because....... it's 35 miles away doh!

You can't move a football club 35 mile from it's core support and expect everyone to follow.

Oh! by the way, I do believe staying away from Northampton will work in the long run & please don't be be fooled by SISU when they say they can sustain the loss, because they are bound to say that aren't they.

Yep, agree. I am not in the NOPM camp.

I am staying away for 2 reasons.

1. It is 34 miles away

and more importantly

2. Coventry City Football Club should be playing in Coventry and nowhere else.

DazzleTommyDazzle

I really don't think that that will come as a surprise to anyone.

Look back to when Mr Fisher announced the plan to move to Northampton and most of the comment was about what a crazy business decision it was.

Steve.B50

Sappala is a business woman, even if she did have the money she will not want to bank roll this sort of loss for 5-10 years and thats how long it will take to get the fantasy arena planned and built.
Remember one stand at sixfields being closed in November and max gates will be 5.5k for 18 months.

Users who are viewing this thread