Weak Minded Fans... (3 Viewers)

bringbackrattles

I reckon the only reason there hasn't been violent reaction is that fans wouldn't want a ten year ban.

theferret

I'll admit im in the nopm camp it might not work but at least it's something.To the fans that are going to sixfields what do you hope will happen now ? Haven't seen any evidence to say that we're going to have a new ground built, so will you be happy going to sixfields for the next five years probably more ?

I won't wait five years. If it goes over one year I would struggle. SISU will not give in though, they would rather close it all down than lose face. We need to get the club back in Coventry quickly if this club is to survive. NOPM is the long game. We need to show our anger now, and staying away reeks of apathy (although I acknowledge for some that staying away is very difficult) but that is the perception. We need action not indifference.

Greggs

Fuck off, i'm sick of this bullshit. Who are you to tell people how to live their lives?
Get back in your flock.

shmmeee

But then they would regard you as weak minded. Sitting at home is not action, it is apathy dressed up as protest. If it were Leeds, I doubt they'd all stay at home doing the garden, they'd be there in numbers making a scene.

Sorry, but boycott is a fairly well established form of protest whether you like it or not. It could be argued that in a capitalist society it's the only form of protest you have that works.

quinn1971

I won't wait five years. If it goes over one year I would struggle. SISU will not give in though, they would rather close it all down than lose face. We need to get the club back in Coventry quickly if this club is to survive. NOPM is the long game. We need to show our anger now, and staying away reeks of apathy (although I acknowledge for some that staying away is very difficult) but that is the perception. We need action not indifference.

So how can us as fans come together on this....I get the impression that the fans that were there today prefer the sisu out lot to stay away . I'd be willing to go to sixfields if it was going to help us get back to the ricoh...we need all the fans to be united but can't see it happening.until then the 90% of fans are the majority and we are choosing to stay away and take the nopm stance. ...until im convinced going to sixfields will get us back to coventry I won't be going .

Covstu

you know what with all this 'I am disgusted with our fans' bullshit, it is actually driving people to go to Northampton! On the other hand, 2 games played, 1 a 9 goal thriller the other an 8 goaler. Why wouldn't anyone want to go and watch that!

Oh I forgot, we could travel all the way over there and drink beer and hold a protest sign up cant we.......

shmmeee

I'm certainly not "week" (ha ha), I'm strong and have 2 season tickets for Sixfields and have already seen 17 goals, some incredible commitment, passion and talent and can't wait for the next 2, Colchester & Gillingham, PUSB!

You keep saying you have two season tickets. Did you buy an extra one?

letsallsingtogether

you know what with all this 'I am disgusted with our fans' bullshit, it is actually driving people to go to Northampton! On the other hand, 2 games played, 1 a 9 goal thriller the other an 8 goaler. Why wouldn't anyone want to go and watch that!

Oh I forgot, we could travel all the way over there and drink beer and hold a protest sign up cant we.......

Sorry but I didn't have a sign or drink any beer.

It is not about the driving there it is about Playing there...

NorthernWisdom

So how can us as fans come together on this

As the game was moved to a Sunday, there was a chance to do something on the Saturday pro-active involving everybody.

Could have been a march, but that's been done. Or it could have been replaying all our routines for if there was a game in Coventry; going to the same pubs, taking the same buses, meeting the same people, walking to the ground....

But wait, it's closed!

A match day without a match, giving money to the publicans etc. who are missing out because there's no game, showing a CCFC presence in Coventry even without a club or a game, and a positive message that we should be there.

Just an idea, maybe a daft one, but still convinced these Saturdays without games are the big opportunity to bring people together in their homes, in Coventry, and show people the club is not there but the fans are.

Last edited:

shmmeee

So, you weren't going, but its nothing to do with the owners?

Or you'll suspend your moral stance if it annoys a couple of forum posters?

RPHunt

Riot no. Loud, angry protest? Yes. Trouble is, some people are so weak-minded they think staying at home is enough. Their football club has been taken from them, and they stay at home. Sorry, it isn't enough. Not even close.

So did you riot today or was it just a loud angry protest? I guess you won't be going back because you have been barred because of it.

Or is this just sad attempt to justify yourself by shifting the blame to the majority of fans who are strong minded enough to not even give a semblence of credibility to the removal of the club.

Never mind, by tomorrow you will be back blaming the council and ACL for all the club's woes.

stupot07

So did you riot today or was it just a loud angry protest? I guess you won't be going back because you have been barred because of it.

Or is this just sad attempt to justify yourself by shifting the blame to the majority of fans who are strong minded enough to not even give a semblence of credibility to the removal of the club.

Never mind, by tomorrow you will be back blaming the council and ACL for all the club's woes.

You hardly need to be strong minded not to go to sixfield, there's 70 reasons not to go before you even think about morals.

theferret

Nice attempt to justify your complete lack of action as you pruned your rose-bushes, but it doesn't wash. But if it makes you feel 'strong' then I'm pleased for you.

Did I riot? Behave. Loud protest? No, not on my own. That would have made me look mental, and I try my best to hide that fact.

The problem is, nobody protests there, because all the people that might are not there, so what you get is no audible or visible sign of protest from anyone. Some might say the empty seats speak volumes, perhaps, but the media have lost interest, opposition fans don't care. Today was a jolly nice day out for TF really, no attempt to unsettle him from anyone.

Oh, and BTW, I don't have to wait until tomorrow to blame the council and ACL for their part in this mess.

Last edited:

shmmeee

Disappointingly the Trust is one organisation with a foot in both camps (board members contain both NOPM and Season Ticket holders) which is annoyingly probably why they can't come out with a consistent message themselves.

I'm particularly disappointed to see the KCIC campaign being stitched onto NOPM in recent posts.

RPHunt

The problem is, nobody protests there, because all the people that might are not there, so what you get is no audible or visible sign of protest from anyone. Some might say the empty seats speak volumes, perhaps, but the media have lost interest, opposition fans don't care. Today was a jolly nice day out for TF really, no attempt to unsettle him from anyone.

So you don't think over 5,000 empty seats didn't unsettle Fisher but a full stadium shouting 'SISU Out' would have done? Nonsense, he would have chuckled all the way to the bank.

And you admit nobody protested yet you are quite happy to associate with such a spineless rabble.

Cranfield Sky Blue

I'm PRO the Sky Blues, where ever they play, HOME or away!

Never ever supported an owner or a stadium (Arena), the council, company who run the stadium or the people who supply the food & drink.

The Team on the pitch is the most important thing to me and getting behind them 110%

PUSB

Surely it's 200% as you have 2 season tickets???

theferret

So you don't think over 5,000 empty seats didn't unsettle Fisher but a full stadium shouting 'SISU Out' would have done? Nonsense, he would have chuckled all the way to the bank.

And you admit nobody protested yet you are quite happy to associate with such a spineless rabble.

It really is impossible to reason with someone who thinks SISU would be laughing all the way to the bank on the back of a gate of 5000.

SISU OUT chants would be pretty lame as a protest of course, but I suspect any calls for fans to show a bit of imagination will fall on deaf ears on here anyway. The best most can come up with is stay at home and do nothing, patting themselves on the back as they do of course. Meanwhile, the media drift away and SISU just dig their heels in.

As for the 'spineless rabble' comment. Yeah, whatever (best I can do, really can't be arsed anymore).

I met some good people today, some old faces. A mate who has just returned from a tour of Afghanistan, an old work colleague who I found out is suffering from cancer (but in remission thankfully). Just ordinary folk really, all angry about what's happened, but just a different view on who to blame and what to do about it. Perhaps they're spineless morons, I forgot to ask.

letsallsingtogether

No not spineless just Sisu apologists like yourself.
It really is impossible to reason with someone who thinks SISU would be laughing all the way to the bank on the back of a gate of 5000.

SISU OUT chants would be pretty lame as a protest of course, but I suspect any calls for fans to show a bit of imagination will fall on deaf ears on here anyway. The best most can come up with is stay at home and do nothing, patting themselves on the back as they do of course. Meanwhile, the media drift away and SISU just dig their heels in.

As for the 'spineless rabble' comment. Yeah, whatever (best I can do, really can't be arsed anymore).

I met some good people today, some old faces. A mate who has just returned from a tour of Afghanistan, an old work colleague who I found out is suffering from cancer (but in remission thankfully). Just ordinary folk really, all angry about what's happened, but just a different view on who to blame and what to do about it. Perhaps they're spineless morons, I forgot to ask.

Grendel

Your beginning to sound like a 2013 version of Red Robbo. When is all this juvenile tub thumping going to stop. Sisu apologist? Do you not see how childish you sound?

letsallsingtogether

How dare you coming from any one else I might take notice.:p
Your beginning to sound like a 2013 version of Red Robbo. When is all this juvenile tub thumping going to stop. Sisu apologist? Do you not see how childish you sound?

quinn1971

As the game was moved to a Sunday, there was a chance to do something on the Saturday pro-active involving everybody.

Could have been a march, but that's been done. Or it could have been replaying all our routines for if there was a game in Coventry; going to the same pubs, taking the same buses, meeting the same people, walking to the ground....

But wait, it's closed!

A match day without a match, giving money to the publicans etc. who are missing out because there's no game, showing a CCFC presence in Coventry even without a club or a game, and a positive message that we should be there.

Just an idea, maybe a daft one, but still convinced these Saturdays without games are the big opportunity to bring people together in their homes, in Coventry, and show people the club is not there but the fans are.

Agree with you there. ...I put another post about how we need someone to bring all fans together in this.The march was a great idea and should be done again . Isn't there a supporters club for all the league clubs..I think they helped organise marches and protests to help portsmouth.im sure bringing the ring road to a halt on a saturday afternoon would get some attention...have a rally in the memorial park then walk into broadgate...

letsallsingtogether

Yes but you are one of them it is all ACL fault in your view. I believe both have an element of blame but at the moment there is only one party involved as we do not preside at the Ricoh anymore only Sisu are the only ones who have the answers

I've not been on in a while so I can only hope that the OP isn't correct. If it is then Carpy's right. Fucking pathetic.

theferret

I suppose I should let it go, but what am I apologising for? I have just spent the best part of an hour calling for people to actively protest.

I blame ACL and the Council for much; the crippling rent, the deal they scuppered last year, moving to force administration citing a colossal bluff by TF as a reason, rejecting the CVA.

SISU however I blame for much more. The chronic mismanagement from day 1; selling players at key points, the relegation season when they lost the plot completely, Tim Fisher and every other chief exec and board member we've had thrust upon us; withholding rent when they should have paid it; making a revised rent deal in the new year and then walking away from it; and most of all, taking my club away from my home town when they should have swallowed their pride, made a temporary deal and then looked to build a new ground if that's what they wanted to do.

None of this matters though, make a comment that goes against the grain and the label 'SISU apologist' is never too far away.

letsallsingtogether

You blame them but still back them?
I suppose I should let it go, but what am I apologising for? I have just spent the best part of an hour calling for people to actively protest.

I blame ACL and the Council for much; the crippling rent, the deal they scuppered last year, moving to force administration citing a colossal bluff by TF as a reason, rejecting the CVA.

SISU however I blame for much more. The chronic mismanagement from day 1; selling players at key points, the relegation season when they lost the plot completely, Tim Fisher and every other chief exec and board member we've had thrust upon us; withholding rent when they should have paid it; making a revised rent deal in the new year and then walking away from it; and most of all, taking my club away from my home town when they should have swallowed their pride, made a temporary deal and then looked to build a new ground if that's what they wanted to do.

None of this matters though, make a comment that goes against the grain and the label 'SISU apologist' is never too far away.

Users who are viewing this thread