We still need one win ... (4 Viewers)

stupot07

Last game I saw was Crewe, a shocking game from both sides and we were truly awful despite the win, we rode our luck and an average team would have won easily. SP is imune from criticism only because we believe he has no impact on our player additions who have been mostly very poor. How can the loss of 1 player (Leon Clarke not Denzil Slager) lead top such a loss of conficence in the players management and the fans - who really expected us to win any of our last few games.

When you say "how can the loss of 1 player lead too such a loss of confidence" we're not talking about anyone old player, we're talking about someone who has scored 2 goals every 3 league games during his time with us, in fact had he stayed and kept his form up he'd have scored 30 league goals this season. On top of his goals his hold up play was integral to the high tempo more direct way we attacked, and enabled players like moussa to feed off him higher up the pitch. And also our "we'll score more than you" philosophy that everyone was happy with relied in 3 players scoring regularly and averaging around 2 goals per game.

Moussa:

With Clarke 12 goals from 33 games
Without Clarke 2 goals from 13 games.

So losing 1 player has not only means losing a 30 goal a season striker it's also disrupted the pattern of play and impacted on other players like Moussa. We're now pretty much reliant on 1 player to score goals which is far too much of a burden.

We're still shipping in goals at the same rate as we have all season (most people didn't have a problem with that when we were winning 5-4, 3-2's, etc) but we're not scoring, which leads to a loss of confidence and trying to find a different way of winning, and being a bit more defensively minded which is often dull and scrappy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

ccfcway

When you say "how can the loss of 1 player lead too such a loss of confidence" we're not talking about anyone old player, we're talking about someone who has scored 2 goals every 3 league games during his time with us, in fact had he stayed and kept his form up he'd have scored 30 league goals this season. On top of his goals his hold up play was integral to the high tempo more direct way we attacked, and enabled players like moussa to feed off him higher up the pitch. And also our "we'll score more than you" philosophy that everyone was happy with relied in 3 players scoring regularly and averaging around 2 goals per game.

Moussa:

With Clarke 12 goals from 33 games
Without Clarke 2 goals from 13 games.

So losing 1 player has not only means losing a 30 goal a season striker it's also disrupted the pattern of play and impacted on other players like Moussa. We're now pretty much reliant on 1 player to score goals which is far too much of a burden.

We're still shipping in goals at the same rate as we have all season (most people didn't have a problem with that when we were winning 5-4, 3-2's, etc) but we're not scoring, which leads to a loss of confidence and trying to find a different way of winning, and being a bit more defensively minded which is often dull and scrappy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Selling Clarke might also have been a factor in Moussa not looking interested any more.

Sky Blue Kid

@ ccfcway.......I've tried all of the browsers mate, IE, Chrome, etc,etc. Using Firefox atm....Funny I got accused of not being able to use a computer, Eh?....Somebody else in the same boat as me :)

ccfcway

@ ccfcway.......I've tried all of the browsers mate, IE, Chrome, etc,etc. Using Firefox atm....Funny I got accused of not being able to use a computer, Eh?....Somebody else in the same boat as me :)

hi, sorry, mine was a joke. i replied with a quote saying i couldnt reply with a quote, which i wouldnt have been able to do if i couldnt do it.

;)

shy_tall_knight

I recognise clarke was a good player and integral to the team, but in any team when the loss of a single player has such an impact, then you need to challenge the remaining players / management effectiveness

Users who are viewing this thread