We still need one win ... (1 Viewer)

skybluebelgium

to stay up in .... League 1 !!! :thinking about: Times have changed :(

Looking at the fixtures from the other relegation fighters, we still need 1 win ... but from which game ?

James Smith

If it was like the old days when we were in the top flight, surely we would leave it to the last game.

But no Oggy making amazing saves despite his age this time round to keep us in it.

SkyBlueHomer

Apart from the Oldham game I cant see us winning. Hopefully now the likes of Swindon and Sheff Utd are now too far adrift from top 6 it may help us out.

Looking at the teams in the bottom 4, I would say we are safe now.

wince

Easter is always the big moment in any season the two games over easter make and break seasons at both ends of the table

Monners

I think we will get something on Saturday - Lord knows why I think that. Then Oldham away (win or draw). Can't see any other chances of points

Warwickhunt

we can only beat the teams if SP lets go of the reigns and let us attack our way out of it,

Warwickhunt

I would Suggest that Crewe is fooked! they have got to play Wolves Saturday and then over Easter Shrews Away & Colchester at Home Brizzle away and Preston at Home, every damn team has got something to play for and they are on a 6 game losing streak

The Gentleman

Does anybody else find it mildly depressing that we are talking about beating teams like Crewe and Oldham and Swindon just to stay in League 1?

rupert_bear

Strange if we had our - 10 points back we would be about 8th but at the moment we must be just about the worst team in the division

thelookout

But according to some on here if it wasn't for the self inflicted points deduction we would of walked this league .......

Grendel

But according to some on here if it wasn't for the self inflicted points deduction we would of walked this league .......

Oh dear more lies from the latest troll.

rupert_bear

Should the worst happen and we dropped into division 4 would we blame our 10 point deduction or our rubbish form since about January and then would fans be blaming Pressley or the club for selling Leon Clarke and not replacing him properly, the neglect towards our shocking defence or a mixture of the lot.

shmmeee

Should the worst happen and we dropped into division 4 would we blame our 10 point deduction or our rubbish form since about January and then would fans be blaming Pressley or the club for selling Leon Clarke and not replacing him properly, the neglect towards our shocking defence or a mixture of the lot.

This squad is more than 10 points better than relegation. I'd blame Pressley if we went down (not that I think we will).

skybluesam66

we wont go down

stevenage will not win all of their games
shrewsbury will not get 3 wins

notts co/carlisle/crewe will need at least 2 of them to get 7 points
+ colchester and tranmere to get 4 points

i may agree that we need 1 point but not 1 win

Sba180

Yeah, we're shit, but theres 4 worse teams than us in this division. I think we are safe enough although one win would put any fears to bed

Sky Blue Harry H

Yep

Think Carlisle, Stevenage, Crewe and Shrewsbury will go, looking at the remaining fixttures. That said, if Crewe win at Shrewsbury - it could make things trickier for us. Glad Chuks got sent off for them on Saturday, and it makes you realise how big that win at their place was the other week. If we'd have lost that, I would have been seriously worried, looking at the table now.

shy_tall_knight

Last game I saw was Crewe, a shocking game from both sides and we were truly awful despite the win, we rode our luck and an average team would have won easily. SP is imune from criticism only because we believe he has no impact on our player additions who have been mostly very poor. How can the loss of 1 player (Leon Clarke not Denzil Slager) lead top such a loss of conficence in the players management and the fans - who really expected us to win any of our last few games.

Users who are viewing this thread