We should re-sign Dublin (1 Viewer)

PVA

Henry back to Arsenal, Scholes back to Utd...

I think we should get Dion back as a replacement for Juke :)

EleanorRigby

Joking apart would Dublin be a better bet for half games than Clive Platt for instance, desperate i know but we are in a desperate situation......How about as player manager ?

Changeyourface

Joking apart would Dublin be a better bet for half games than Clive Platt for instance, desperate i know but we are in a desperate situation......How about as player manager ?

Last season there was talks of Dublin becoming the next manager and next game there were chants of "Judas bastard" and "Ooh Dion Dublin he went to Aston Villa and he broke his neck (c**t!)" so I doubt it would be a popular decsion

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Sorry, for a minute there i thought you asked if we should re sign Dublin in a playing role! :pointlaugh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Jimmy Hill's Chin

I'd bring back Juan Sara, Lee Mills, Onandi Lowe and John Gayle. None could be any worse than ROD who is arguably the worst player ever to wear a sky blue shirt.

pusbccfc

Or robbie simpson after that goal against liverpool ;)

Sterling Archer

I'm still waiting for John Aloisi to be given a run in the side.

Huge error from Strachan not giving him more of a run out. He had a fantastic goals to minutes ratio for us despite never getting a chance to get fully match fit with fleeting cameo appearances.

Still remember his home debut against Spurs coming off the bench and scoring a cracking goal. Of course there was the 4-1 win at Villa as well. He was a proper goalscoring striker.

Sterling Archer

Last season there was talks of Dublin becoming the next manager and next game there were chants of "Judas bastard" and "Ooh Dion Dublin he went to Aston Villa and he broke his neck (c**t!)" so I doubt it would be a popular decsion

I thought people had got over the Dublin to Villa sale? He was our best player in the last 20 years.

A fellow Cov season ticket holder's wife was friends with Dion's. Apparently Dion was forced out to Blackburn when he didn't want to leave, he even turned them down to stay at Cov because of what we were building after 97/98 promising season. Richardson then got really angry with Dublin and it ended with Dion going to Villa (he also didn't want to uproot his family). Yet Richardson made out that Dublin tried to get the move himself to save face.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

I'd bring back Juan Sara, Lee Mills, Onandi Lowe and John Gayle. None could be any worse than ROD who is arguably the worst player ever to wear a sky blue shirt.

Juan Sara still plays, he scored 1 in 3 for Cov slightly better than Roy's 0 in 12. :)

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Juan Sara still plays, he scored 1 in 3 for Cov slightly better than Roy's 0 in 12. :)

[video=youtube;zP5sfqFTNDg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP5sfqFTNDg[/video]

Clinical!

Changeyourface

I thought people had got over the Dublin to Villa sale? He was our best player in the last 20 years.

A fellow Cov season ticket holder's wife was friends with Dion's. Apparently Dion was forced out to Blackburn when he didn't want to leave, he even turned them down to stay at Cov because of what we were building after 97/98 promising season. Richardson then got really angry with Dublin and it ended with Dion going to Villa (he also didn't want to uproot his family). Yet Richardson made out that Dublin tried to get the move himself to save face.

I know some of it wasn't his fault but at the time that wasn't known and many people still hold a grudge. Add that to the fact that he's badmouthed Coventry since and I can't say I totally forgive him.

Sterling Archer

I know some of it wasn't his fault but at the time that wasn't known and many people still hold a grudge. Add that to the fact that he's badmouthed Coventry since and I can't say I totally forgive him.
The one person who kept their silence over the whole thing was Dion. I'd love for him to release a book just to see his point of view of the whole thing.

I remember last season he walked along the touchline at the Ricoh as he was there with Sky and he got a good reception.

Grendel

I think single handedly saving us from going down and some fine memories of better times will do for me. A true hero who outshines all that followed. He has nothing to be forgiven for.

EleanorRigby

There are facts about the Dublin transfer that has never really come out, yes he signed a new contract which upped his value, the ink was hardly dry when Richardson attemped to ship him out to Blackburn, Dublin said if i leave it will be to a club of my choosing, Villa came in and the rest is history, as for Dublin bad mouthing City i think you will find it was the politics at the club he questioned.

As for John Aloisi. He left Coventry for non-footballing reasons !!

WestEndAgro

Get Dion in as manager, with John Hartson as assistant, at least we might start scoring goals !

Gaz

Didn't he refuse to play for us against Luton ?

If that's true then I would say that's unforgivable.

Danceswithhorses

If you believe the boardroom chatter...it was a close vote between him and Boothroyd for the ccfc job...sadly boothroyd won :(

ccfcway

Didn't he refuse to play for us against Luton ?

If that's true then I would say that's unforgivable.

As opposed to Eastwood who has ensured he is not match fit but just takes the wages !

I know who I am more angry with !

skablue

Dion is an absolue legend and a really nice bloke, don't think he's interested in coaching/managing as he's into his music thing promoting a couple of bands and his Jube invention as well as his media work.

Make's it into my all time City XI no problem.

Anybody who makes light of him breaking his neck is a complete :jerkit:

ccfctommy

Really? Everytime he's done TV work for one of our games hes always spoken nice about us.

kdrinkell

Dublin was a c**t
I'm glad he had bad luck after leaving us,he refused to play for us against Luton and we fined him but he got the PFA involved and his money was returned.

Sterling Archer

Dublin was a c**t
I'm glad he had bad luck after leaving us,he refused to play for us against Luton and we fined him but he got the PFA involved and his money was returned.
And you know that as fact do you? Hmmmmmm, pardon my cynicism.

Also, I don't ever remember Dion badmouthing us when he left.

Changeyourface

Really? Everytime he's done TV work for one of our games hes always spoken nice about us.

This was at a aston vila event, my mate's a fan, and somebody asked him if he was aware that Coventry fans hated him. His reply was along the lines of "Yeah but they're such a small, shit club that you never see any of there fans around anyway. They're pricks."... Such a nice guy hey.

Gaz

As opposed to Eastwood who has ensured he is not match fit but just takes the wages !

I know who I am more angry with !

It doesnt have to be one or the other.
you can be angry with both if they have shown a lack of respect for our club.

Users who are viewing this thread