We NEED to appeal that. (4 Viewers)

David O'Day

But there is, for instance Team A has a goal chalked off for offside in R1, but was actually onside, under the new rules there are no replays, etc. Team A from National League misses out on much needed revenues and exposure. No VAR was able to intervene.

Fast forward to Sunday, the same scenario, City were denied a goal, of which there is huge doubt as to the offside call from VAR, add to this it was given as a goal by the on field official.

Unless VAR is 100% accurate, which we know it not to be, it should not be available in the qualifying rounds, earlier stages or the final.
It actually will be accurate next season

SBT

But there is, for instance Team A has a goal chalked off for offside in R1, but was actually onside, under the new rules there are no replays, etc. Team A from National League misses out on much needed revenues and exposure. No VAR was able to intervene.

Fast forward to Sunday, the same scenario, City were denied a goal, of which there is huge doubt as to the offside call from VAR, add to this it was given as a goal by the on field official.

Unless VAR is 100% accurate, which we know it not to be, it should not be available in the qualifying rounds, earlier stages or the final.
I assume you don’t have the same issue with goal-line technology, even though that’s not generally available until later in the competition?

The problem, as you point out, is that while goal-line technology actually solves the problem it was invented to fix, VAR doesn’t. The former allows us to play the game we’ve always played; the latter is having to change it bit by bit to hide its own shortcomings.

Just get rid of it.

SBT

A month or so sine they announce they are not using the system that draws lines on TV pictures and moving to the semi automated system they use in the champions league
And we never heard of a VAR controversy ever again…

Listen to yourself.

David O'Day

I assume you don’t have the same issue with goal-line technology, even though that’s not generally available until later in the competition?

The problem, as you point out, is that while goal-line technology actually solves the problem it was invented to fix, VAR doesn’t. The former allows us to play the game we’ve always played; the latter is having to change it bit by bit to hide its own shortcomings.

Just get rid of it.
No, it needs to stay but it only needs to be used on things it was meant to fix

For offsides they needed to admit the limitations of the technology just like cricket did when it decided to have umpires call for tight decisions.

David O'Day

And we never heard of a VAR controversy ever again…

Listen to yourself.
not like this as there are no lines to be drawn

sorry you don't understand technology

also as i said it's meant for decisions that are clearly wrong

Covcraig@bury

It’s pretty straightforward. Our goal stands and the powers of those above have something to answer £££££££ corrupt

Attachments

• IMG_8887.png
    IMG_8887.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 41

SBT

not like this as there are no lines to be drawn

sorry you don't understand technology

also as i said it's meant for decisions that are clearly wrong
And your foolproof definition of “clearly wrong” is what?

VAR will not stop its operators from making mistakes, and the world will not stop turning when referees do fuck up. All we’re arguing about is who the various man-children online should be directing their anger towards when these mistakes inevitably happen - maybe you’re part of the new breed of football fans, but personally I preferred the old method that didn’t involve historic goals getting nullified two minutes after they happened.

jordan210

We do need to stop talking about corruptio, as someone said we are getting to Sunderland levels here

It was an awful ecisions made using the wrong frame but it's just that a cock up not anything more

Just a cock up. thats cost us Millions of pounds......

The thing that doesnt sit right with it. It how quick it took. in prem games matches have been stopped for minutes for VAR offside checks.

David O'Day

Just a cock up. thats cost us Millions of pounds......

The thing that doesnt sit right with it. It how quick it took. in prem games matches have been stopped for minutes for VAR offside checks.
it's delusional to think someone decided to cheat to get united to the final

if that was the case then they would of taken a lot longer trying to overrule our pen

it's a bad mistake but it's not someone cheating

jordan210

if that was the case then they would of taken a lot longer trying to overrule our pen

I havent said it someone cheating.

The pen was an on field decision. So would have been very difficult to overrule.

Ccfcsj

VAR should abide by 2 rules in my opinion

1) If it's so tight you have to draw lines - which a lot of the time are drawn incorrectly (timing, not straight, etc) then go with the on field decision

2) If the decision takes longer than 30 seconds, go with the on field decision

It was meant to be used for clear and obvious errors - if either of the above are true, it matches neither of those objectives

SBT

1) If it's so tight you have to draw lines - which a lot of the time are drawn incorrectly (timing, not straight, etc) then go with the on field decision

No chance of controversy or corruption allegations here!

rylee

While I’m not saying 100% someone has fucked us for United to get in the final, it is FAR from delusional. The corruption in the game goes far higher than most can think of. The stories I’ve been told by someone who used to work with them have blew my mind. Even stuff like FFP, it favours the cabal of clubs at the top and it’s usually them who get their way. The fact we’ve had no statement from the club about the decision is shocking tbh. Can understand Robins doesn’t like to blame officials, but this is a little different with VAR.

Otis

There’s no issue with certain FA Cup games having different levels of technology available at different levels of the tournament - that’s just a reality of the football pyramid, so long as you’re playing by the same rules it’s fine.

By saying that VAR should be used always or not at all, you’re kind of tacitly admitting that VAR is bending the rules of football itself. The whole thing needs to be scrapped, it’s just not achieving what it was meant to do.
Not going to be though is it. It's here to stay, like it or not

We now have to make a silk purse out of a pig's ear, because they have royally buggered the whole thing up.

Londonccfcfan

This photo shows it better. But by no means do I think that an offside goal that is this marginal should be ruled out. The bigger problem with calls this close is accurately determining the frame in which the ball is actually released.View attachment 35266
100% agree. Also it was like a scoop pass so the ball would have been in contact with his foot/laces or whatever longer.

The more I think about it the more I'm in agreement we been cheated.

Otis

VAR should abide by 2 rules in my opinion

It was meant to be used for clear and obvious errors - if either of the above are true, it matches neither of those objectives
Exactly how I see it too and surely anyone with a bit of common sense. 😉

Grendel

Exactly how I see it too and surely anyone with a bit of common sense. 😉

It’s never going to happen. People keep quoting cricket but umpires have totally handed over run outs and stumpings to technology. It’s impossible also on tight catches to see if balls are grounded

Officials will be happy to assign responsibility to the VAR officials

Calista

personally I preferred the old method that didn’t involve historic goals getting nullified two minutes after they happened.
It has happened plenty of times under the old methods when referees get into lengthy discussions with linesmen.

rylee

What do people seriously expect from it being appealed? Most neutral fans I’ve spoken to about it actually agreed that it was offside….technically.
At the very least, the audio coming out and an apology. In a world where everything is on our side, a replay. It’s a slim to nothing chance, but so was coming back from 3-0 down at 72 mins.

We need to act as quick as possible though and obviously get the club on board with this too. Again, I think it’s a joke from them not to be raising this already.

Grendel

At the very least, the audio coming out and an apology. In a world where everything is on our side, a replay. It’s a slim to nothing chance, but so was coming back from 3-0 down at 72 mins.

We need to act as quick as possible though and obviously get the club on board with this too. Again, I think it’s a joke from them not to be raising this already.

Replayed - yeah right

Sick Boy

I think it’s unlikely the club will do to be honest. There’s also zero chance of a replay.

xcraigx

If the picture VAR used to make the decision is the one where the line is a couple of inches over Wan Bissaka's boot then whoever made the decision and whoever drew the line (same person maybe?) is an idiot. Even if it turns out Wright is offside, the evidence provided does not show that at all. If there is another angle, another graphic or whatever that was used to come to the decision then let's see it. I would also be very interested to hear any audio from the VAR box. If it turns out the wrong decision was made then I would prefer an apology than radio silence but if there is something (that VAR saw at the time) that proves the right decision was made I would also prefer to see that than see what we have been shown.

rylee

As I’ve said, a replay is a slim to nothing chance. But it is possible. Although it was much of a lesser stakes game, there was a replay due to a VAR error in a Belgian Pro League game a few weeks back.

We can only try and hope for the best.

rylee

If the picture VAR used to make the decision is the one where the line is a couple of inches over Wan Bissaka's boot then whoever made the decision and whoever drew the line (same person maybe?) is an idiot. Even if it turns out Wright is offside, the evidence provided does not show that at all. If there is another angle, another graphic or whatever that was used to come to the decision then let's see it. I would also be very interested to hear any audio from the VAR box. If it turns out the wrong decision was made then I would prefer an apology than radio silence but if there is something (that VAR saw at the time) that proves the right decision was made I would also prefer to see that than see what we have been shown.

Exactly this.

Users who are viewing this thread