We NEED to appeal that. (3 Viewers)

Otis

Wan Bissaka boots
Haji Wright's nose.

sad uh oh GIF by sthig

Happy_Martian

I don’t want a replay, I want the prize money. In light of that, I just want the audio from the VAR room

Next, you'll be telling us you're actually a Forest fan :ROFLMAO:

torchomatic

I don't think there is any conspiracy. I just think there is ineptitude.

And when they realise they are wrong, the most they will do is issue an half-arsed apology. United will still be in the final. It stinks.

joemercersaces

Liverpool bang on about the ‘miracle’ of Istanbul where they, Champions League level, came back from 0-3 against another Champions League level team, to draw and win the shoot out. Yesterday would have eclipsed that ‘miracle’ when a team 8th in the Championship cane back from 0-3 to Man Utd with 20 minutes to go and won 4-3. History, and snatched away. The united players were all on the floor, half their ‘fans’ had gone and some absolute bell end of a VAR bends over backwards to rule the goal out.

lord_garrincha

Liverpool bang on about the ‘miracle’ of Istanbul where they, Champions League level, came back from 0-3 against another Champions League level team, to draw and win the shoot out. Yesterday would have eclipsed that ‘miracle’ when a team 8th in the Championship cane back from 0-3 to Man Utd with 20 minutes to go and won 4-3. History, and snatched away. The united players were all on the floor, half their ‘fans’ had gone and some absolute bell end of a VAR bends over backwards to rule the goal out.
Ha! I was banging on about Istanbul at three down... more gallows humour... but then brought it back up at 3-3 with 'told ya' like I was some sage!

wingy

Yep wasn’t clear and obvious is bang on
He’s technically off there’s no conspiracy but it’s just a wrong headed decision to rule it out
Get rid of digital thinking, it's a shit decision stop defending it or at least appeasing it it's not real!!

Macca

How do you Gauge there is nothing to prove from it? A potential rematch? I’m not saying it is at all likely, but when it is absolutely clear and obvious that there is a line drawn over Wan-Bissaka’s boot

Why the pessimism? You’re basically forfeiting the game. Absolute shithouse attitude tbh and anybody with an attitude like that doesn’t need to be around our support in my eyes. People like yourselves are the ones who leave when we’re 2/3-0 down, piss off for a pint 10 mins early. Defeatist attitude gets you NOWHERE in life.

End of the day, we have a major case here. Forest are doing it for far less, so why the fuck shouldn’t we?

Calm down Scrappy fucking Doo

chiefdave

This photo shows it better. But by no means do I think that an offside goal that is this marginal should be ruled out. The bigger problem with calls this close is accurately determining the frame in which the ball is actually released.View attachment 35266
given that the camera is not dead in line how do they account for the parallax angle when deciding if a shoulder makes someone onside of offside?

Merseyskyblue

Just bin it off and stop defending something that is pure evil!
The offside system is the one aspect of VAR that I believe can work well in the future. But I think it needs a major overhaul to stop decisions such as this one from happening
given that the camera is not dead in line how do they account for the parallax angle when deciding if a shoulder makes someone onside of offside?
They need to start accounting for the margin of error. This is exactly why they have umpire’s call in cricket

chiefdave

They need to start accounting for the margin of error. This is exactly why they have umpire’s call in cricket
The margin of error is around 15cm when you factor in frame rates, speed of players and speed on the ball. But you also can't reliably draw lines based on something in the air like a shoulder so that adds something else in.

Which brings us back to clear and obvious. Nobody would have an issue with VAR if it was only being used to stop the massive errors.

Terry Gibson's perm

Danny Kelly has just said what the hell was that regarding the decision he said it went over the boot

Johhny Blue

Sometime in the not too distant future there will be a VAR hall of fame where we can see Hadji’s toenail along with various eyelashes and pubic hairs of famous prem players.

Sky Blue Pete

He first made contact with it 20 yards further back as he ran forwards with it, so where does he make the pass? Surely it has to be when the ball has left his foot
Doesn’t say that in the offside part but yep it’s got to be
Hence I’m not sure the only still we have is taken at the right time and should have been slightly delayed or the law needs clarifying

Sick Boy

An appeal won't get us anywhere, we just have to let it go.
VAR should have no place whatsoever in the game though.

Martw

I'd say there's no point in complaining as nothing will be done about it. They're certainly not going to replay the match or award us the match or anything.

That said, the system is obviously shite. I've just seen the Nottingham Forest decisions from yesterday and the statement they've released. They've also got good reason to complain.

Like I said, nothing will be done to the betterment of our position. But if no one complains, nothing changes and the whole thing needs to be reviewed.
We will have gained an enormous worldwide presence yesterday. It will make us even more attractive to incoming players and media etc. we have to hold our heads high and move on to an exciting summer .

Otis

The margin of error is around 15cm when you factor in frame rates, speed of players and speed on the ball. But you also can't reliably draw lines based on something in the air like a shoulder so that adds something else in.

Which brings us back to clear and obvious. Nobody would have an issue with VAR if it was only being used to stop the massive errors.
Exactly my argument. Just use it for the clear and obvious, so stuff the officials have very clearly missed and everyone will be happy and VAR would work just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread