We NEED to appeal that. (4 Viewers)

Happy_Martian

And to smash this into a pulp.

Ref on the pitch did not give offside. Linesman did not flag, even though a couple of United players were raising their arms in appeal.

Should never have been a decision for VAR involvement.

Gynnsthetonic

And to smash this into a pulp.

Ref on the pitch did not give offside. Linesman did not flag, even though a couple of United players were raising their arms in appeal.

Should never have been a decision for VAR involvement.
4th official never mentioned anything either

shmmeee

Yeah. An appeal is pointless I feel. We can complain though. I think the authorities do need to be aware of any grievance.

Zero chance of a replay of the game though

There’s a very clear financial figure we have lost out on though. Unlike league games. We would have been in a final, we would have had £x prize money, even before you get into gate receipts and the like.

Sky Blue Pete

Now I’ve checked the laws
I think there is merit on clarifying what constitutes playing the ball
The law isn’t clear enough for me and if the check is done milliseconds later he’s onside as defender gets back as haji waits for the ball
What a move too

Gynnsthetonic

Ha come on I don't think we would have struggled to sell our tickets.

It was offside. Those lines are enlarged for TV. It was marginal and just bad luck.
Haji has bigger feet, his heel is level, when did O'Hare release the ball, its not clear and obvious and should of been given, if he was a yard off I could understand, the margin is too miniscule, the ref should of gone to the screen at least and made the call

pusbccfc

We'll get another apology, just like we did after the Preston game, the West Brom game and the Southampton game. We've been so so unlucky this season

rylee

Exactly this. While I agree a replay or the like is of a VERY slim chance, it is possible. Until we hear a decision, we need to fight for it. Might even start a .gov petition😂

SeaSeeEffCee

Liverpool had a goal ruled out for something that was way more blatant wrong than ours and were told to stuff it. I don’t think appealing will really do anything.

Merseyskyblue

This photo shows it better. But by no means do I think that an offside goal that is this marginal should be ruled out. The bigger problem with calls this close is accurately determining the frame in which the ball is actually released. IMG_1976.jpeg

Robinshio

Now I’ve checked the laws
I think there is merit on clarifying what constitutes playing the ball
The law isn’t clear enough for me and if the check is done milliseconds later he’s onside as defender gets back as haji waits for the ball
What a move too
the decision should be at the last point the ball is in contact with the passing player - ie he was onside at that point - he has not passed it until it leaves his boot

Happy_Martian

This photo shows it better. But by no means do I think that an offside goal that is this marginal should be ruled out. The bigger problem with calls this close is accurately determining the frame in which the ball is actually released.View attachment 35266

How long did it take you to do this in minutes ? Can you see VAR being allowed to take ages (like the goal against Wolves) to define whether a toenail is 1mm or 5mm too long ?

Was the attacker gaining an advantage ? He was on his back foot when the ball was played so probably no.

David O'Day

No expert but surely the blue line has to be drawn across the defenders boot, with the tip mm short of the red . then the attackers boot, if in an offside position, would appear on the red section. ?????
the redline goes over awb's toe as well

Happy_Martian

Doesn't matter anyway.

Our club won't appeal it. FA wouldn't even look at it again.

We'll accept it and move on, like we always have done.

Onward and upward.

"Don't let them drag you down, don't let them drag you down now"

Merseyskyblue

How long did it take you to do this in minutes ? Can you see VAR being allowed to take ages (like the goal against Wolves) to define whether a toenail is 1mm or 5mm too long ?

Was the attacker gaining an advantage ? He was on his back foot when the ball was played so probably no.
He definitely doesn’t gain any advantage, which is why i don’t think it should’ve been ruled out, regardless of whether the decision was ‘correct’

Alkhen

Walk me through this. It makes no sense to me.

Forget the thickness of the lines. Just look at the edge. If the defenders line edge starts where Hajis does it’s blatantly onside.

View attachment 35264

Haji has bigger feet, his heel is level, when did O'Hare release the ball, its not clear and obvious and should of been given, if he was a yard off I could understand, the margin is too miniscule, the ref should of gone to the screen at least and made the call

The more I have stewed on it the crappier it gets. I was feeling a lot more sanguine last night. I just felt unlucky but the more I've looked at images and press reports I think the whole system is broken. I can't see how it can be clean cut in such tight situations. Frame rates, point of release of the ball, momentum and yes even just body size are all factors that should be considered.

This was the image I saw that prompted that original post but I'm not actually sure of the source. so could be bollocks:
1713785642782.png

Samo

So many issues, stupid offside rule, placement of the lines, what frame they used and if it was the moment the ball was released to Haji, why is VAR checking it and over turning on pitch decision if there isn’t a clear and obvious error? There will always be arguments and disagreements but so many are self inflicted by daft rules and poor application of them.

Because those in power would prefer a lucrative all Manchester final?

Users who are viewing this thread