We need a bit of luck (1 Viewer)

ccfctommy

I mean, all of the penalties we've given away?

All of the injuries we've had.

Even in games, when we miss easy chances, we seem to get no 'rub of the green' (one for the modern football terminology thread!).

Maybe, it will even itself out in the second half of the season? Maybe we will scab a draw somewhere at top of the league? Or even a smash and grab win? Maybe a couple of dodgy penalties given our way wouldent go amiss!?

It's a cliché but it's true, the luck goes against you at the bottom of the table

I used to wear a pair of lucky socks on matchdays. They were pretty old and had holes in them but they had a good record! I think it was the Reading game when I finally ripped them apart and binned them. Also, my dad refuses to watch us the last few games as he says 'we always lose when I watch us'. He never watched today mind and were on Sky on Saturday so there's no excuse.

cc84cov

We need fit strikers who are actually at the level if we don’t get Godden and walker back soon we’re in trouble as tonight showed we can have al the service in the world we need players who are good at the end of them...

KersleyDigs

Even in games, when we miss easy chances, we seem to get no 'rub of the green' (one for the modern football terminology thread!).

Maybe, it will even itself out in the second half of the season? Maybe we will scab a draw somewhere at top of the league? Or even a smash and grab win? Maybe a couple of dodgy penalties given our way wouldent go amiss!?

It's a cliché but it's true, the luck goes against you at the bottom of the table

I used to wear a pair of lucky socks on matchdays. They were pretty old and had holes in them but they had a good record! I think it was the Reading game when I finally ripped them apart and binned them. Also, my dad refuses to watch us the last few games as he says 'we always lose when I watch us'. He never watched today mind and were on Sky on Saturday so there's no excuse.
Playing against 10 men one game would be nice! Cafu should have been sent off last night. There seems to have been A LOT of second yellows not given to our opposing players. I agree, we are owed some luck. Hopefully, we'll nick a 1-0 against Watford and the ball will deflect in off Deeney's arse from a corner or something.

clint van damme

I keep repeating this and I'm going to keep repeating it until it sinks in.

We have scored more goals than 8 other teams.
We have conceded more than all but 2 others.
Defence is our major issue (Not that there aren't problems going forward).

We constantly concede sloppy goals and give away silly penalties. It has to stop.

Otis

We constantly concede sloppy goals and give away silly penalties. It has to stop.
Yup. Totally agree with that. It's the stupid goals and pens that are killing us.

lord_garrincha

Agree with this... We need Walker & Godden back 😉

My concern is that we have played over the half season, and the soft goals / daft pens have not stopped... So why will they onwards?

clint van damme

Agree with this... We need Walker & Godden back 😉

My concern is that we have played over the half season, and the soft goals / daft pens have not stopped... So why will they onwards?

Robins has to do something.
We get targeted down our flanks, particularly the left, game in and game out.

AFCCOVENTRY

In the last few weeks all the other teams around us are beating team much higher up the table. So not much luck. We’ve got to make our own luck.

clint van damme

Were just facing better wingers at this level sam is being exposed on a weekly at the level

But he was 2 on one for the 2nd goal.
If we're facing better wingers then that's less of a reason to leave our full backs exposed.

jordan210

The problem with luck is you have to create it. Fortune favours the brave.

Make substations early and try some thing different.
Throw on players like Job and Kasta (before loan) for 20 mins just to try something new.
If chasing a game throw a defender upfront
Shoot from outside the box (Hamer is the only one that does this)

We need a big result to go our way or a spark from somewhere get spirits high and push on.

edgy

Haven't we hit the woodwork more times than anyone else? Sure I read that somewhere. Certainly right near the top, if not right at it.

Seems to me that we have been unlucky on a number of occasions.

Yes, we have and by some distance. Even 1/3 of those go in and who knows where we'd be.

Ositgard has had a ridiculous number of headers cleared of the line also. But I was thinking about this last night, it looks like a good scoring opportunity but in fact the defending team can deal with it easily if they have a man on the post.

Frostie

The problem with luck is you have to create it. Fortune favours the brave.

Make substations early and try some thing different.
Throw on players like Job and Kasta (before loan) for 20 mins just to try something new.
If chasing a game throw a defender upfront
Shoot from outside the box (Hamer is the only one that does this)

We need a big result to go our way or a spark from somewhere get spirits high and push on.

You can't say we didn't go for it last night? Changing formation at half-time whilst drawing?

Ccfcisparks

We need a run of 5 games where we don’t lose. Whether that be 5 wins or 3 wins 2 draws. Have no momentum going into the final 11 games and we will struggle.

cc84cov

We need a run of 5 games where we don’t lose. Whether that be 5 wins or 3 wins 2 draws. Have no momentum going into the final 11 games and we will struggle.
Watford a draw is my prediction but no reason we don’t beat Cardiff

Londonccfcfan

Dont buy this luck thing, evens it self out, we have had major bits of luck also (wycombe away last min injury time equaliser chalked off for offside).

Naive (at this level) and luck are 2 different things.

Frostie

Dont buy this luck thing, evens it self out, we have had major bits of luck also (wycombe away last min injury time equaliser chalked off for offside).

Naive (at this level) and luck are 2 different things.

An offside goal being correctly ruled offside is hardly luck.

The one I do remember in our favour is a stonewall penalty for a challenge by Hyam vs Derby which was somehow missed. Arguably Østigård got away with one vs Reading too but that made no difference anyway.

Ccfcisparks

Watford a draw is my prediction but no reason we don’t beat Cardiff
We need 5 points every block of 5 really as a minimum. Draw against Watford and win against Cardiff would give us 4 this block and that wouldn’t be end of the world. Would need to make it up next block and probably get 2 wins from that block of 5

cc84cov

The one I do remember in our favour is a stonewall penalty for a challenge by Hyam vs Derby which was somehow missed. Arguably Østigård got away with one vs Reading too but that made no difference anyway.
Hyam got lucky against Brum being the last man also

Londonccfcfan

Correct according to you. That was very poor defending at the death. Got away with it fine margins we were 2 nil up. Also dissallowed goals vs Birmingham and Cardiff

cc84cov

We need 5 points every block of 5 really as a minimum. Draw against Watford and win against Cardiff would give us 4 this block and that wouldn’t be end of the world. Would need to make it up next block and probably get 2 wins from that block of 5
Walker has some pressure on him to keep us up mate the service the strikers had last night from DaCosta alone was off the chart they couldn’t get near it was the most worrying thing out there it’s imperative Walker returns ASAP

Alex1987

Blues 'at home'. Very lucky to get a point and it turned our season irrespective of the 3 point swing saved against them.

It's easy to remember the bad luck more I tend to find

mark82

Didn't see it last night, so not a criticism of the referee, but on Matty James attempt the shot was blocked by an outstretched arm from a Forest player. With VAR it's a penalty for sure (and I'm not suggesting VAR!). Just an example of us not getting breaks.

With the possession we had, we should've found a way though.

Paxman II

Giving silly goals away aside and strikers aside, one of our problems is overkill. By that I mean taking another touch, or making a stop and check instead of getting it in the box first time. We pass to each other too much in the final third like no one wants to have a go. The perfect opening rarely materialises, you have just try your luck sometimes. last night we actually saw opposite examples of these two traits we suffer from come good, yet we failed to keep doing it.
1. Max made space for himself and tried a shot through a rook of players. Result: Goal.
2. DeCosta took balls first time on numerous occasions and handed our front two opportunities on a plate.

That will get positive results and we must look at those examples.

SeaSeeEffCee

If you're losing games because you're making defensive mistakes and not converting chances that's not bad luck, it's just being a bit shit

Users who are viewing this thread