We have destroyed Man Utd's reputation (1 Viewer)

Hobo

There aren’t many Man U fans with Manchester accents

But Manchester United have the most season ticket holders that live within five miles of the ground. More than any other club in the country.

Gibbo

I wasn't there because I was in hospital, so view it in the cold light of day more than those who had the rollercoaster of yesterday in the flesh. When I went into the MRI we were three down (the assistant waved three fingers at me), when I came out we were all square.

but I had no relish for a Cup Final against Man City. A 5-0 tonking at least if ever there was one. Let's face it a poor Man Utd team had us 3-0 down, until the divine intervention of Simms's shin and various parts of Wan-Basaka's anatomy. An honourable defeat in the semi's is perfect. An honourable defeat when in reality we know we won with the best goal in the game, is almost better.

But those arguing for wholesale additions to the squad (which is a fantasy) are so wide of the mark. Our A team could last in the Premiership, something I never thought I'd say....just not Latibeaudiere

Gynnsthetonic

I wasn't there because I was in hospital, so view it in the cold light of day more than those who had the rollercoaster of yesterday in the flesh. When I went into the MRI we were three down (the assistant waved three fingers at me), when I came out we were all square.

but I had no relish for a Cup Final against Man City. A 5-0 tonking at least if ever there was one. Let's face it a poor Man Utd team had us 3-0 down, until the divine intervention of Simms's shin and various parts of Wan-Basaka's anatomy. An honourable defeat in the semi's is perfect. An honourable defeat when in reality we know we won with the best goal in the game, is almost better.

But those arguing for wholesale additions to the squad (which is a fantasy) are so wide of the mark. Our A team could last in the Premiership, something I never thought I'd say....just not Latibeaudiere
Great Post Gibbo, cheered me up slightly, all the best with your health!

thekidfromstrettoncamp

But Manchester United have the most season ticket holders that live within five miles of the ground. More than any other club in the country.
Brighton have the most supporters living near their ground 71% .Where as MU are bottom of the pile with less than 1 in 4 living near Old Trafford.( Statista)
Used to have a nephew who lived in Norwich and was one and travelled with people like himself to games.
If it was a joke ignore these comments no emojo.

Skyblueweeman

I don't think we destroyed Man Utds reputation. They've been doing that for the last 10-15 years themselves. It's been quite nice to watch actually.

What it did do was enhance our own reputation on a bigger scale than we've had before (other than 87 obvs).

That said, I disagree that yesterday could be the catalyst for some billionaire to come in a take us off Dougs hands. We were outplayed for 60 minutes and 60 mins of guts, determination and drive - on top of an amazing performance from the fans - won't be enough to get some rich American to come in and offer Big Doug an amount of money for the club.

Alkhen

I don't think we destroyed Man Utds reputation. They've been doing that for the last 10-15 years themselves. It's been quite nice to watch actually.

What it did do was enhance our own reputation on a bigger scale than we've had before (other than 87 obvs).

That said, I disagree that yesterday could be the catalyst for some billionaire to come in a take us off Dougs hands. We were outplayed for 60 minutes and 60 mins of guts, determination and drive - on top of an amazing performance from the fans - won't be enough to get some rich American to come in and offer Big Doug an amount of money for the club.
Maybe not the catalyst to get new investment but the positive press and clips can be packaged up and used to demonstrate how much potential we have as a club.

That has to be useful when going after players in the summer? Obviously its about wages mostly but having the ability to show we have an actual atmosphere and team spirit at a club has to be a factor.

Last edited:

David O'Day

Brighton have the most supporters living near their ground 71% .Where as MU are bottom of the pile with less than 1 in 4 living near Old Trafford.( Statista)
Used to have a nephew who lived in Norwich and was one and travelled with people like himself to games.
If it was a joke ignore these comments no emojo.
Most people in Manchester are United fans

Let's not go down this route again.

Skyblueweeman

Maybe not the catalyst to get new investment but the positive press and clips can be packaged up and used to demonstrate how much potential we have as a club.

That has to be useful when going after players in the summer? Obviously its about wages mostly but having showing we have an actual atmosphere and team spirt at a club has to be a factor
Oh yes, totally agree that the output of yesterday for us is 100% positive. I just don't think it's going to turn the tide of investment into the club.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Could you not have asked to go back in for extra time?

Brighton Sky Blue

Oh yes, totally agree that the output of yesterday for us is 100% positive. I just don't think it's going to turn the tide of investment into the club.
I think beating both Manchester clubs to win the whole thing may well have done that-it would require Pep to swap with ten Haag for the final of course.

Sbarcher

We have just been referenced in the H of P during the members debate on the new football regulator. MP is a MU fan and brought it up as an example how badly MU is being run by the Glazers!
Another just asked why Utd should get 1m for winning and Cov only got 0.5m when they both played the same game and Utd will get another payday in the final.
All pretty interesting debate.
92% of all monies coming into football are distributed to the PL and the "best" 5 teams who yo-yo into it.
Only 8% available to the rest of the pyramid.

Last edited:

torchomatic

CBS16

Is there something wrong with this fella?

I've seen him on a few threads here with his idiocy (claiming that Old Trafford is in Salford- it isn't, it's in Trafford as one poster pointed. out)

Does he know that we've had a few worse things to deal with than an FA Cup semi final win?

Like when we couldn't even put the names on a programme cos a few of our players had suffered the inconvenience of being dead.

I think our "reputation" will survive.
Your reputation is still in tact. And that's a club that is largely plastic tourists with a team littered with wankers. A silent 'support' followed by a rapist cupping his ears to a championship team they just been embarrassed by only strengthens this opinion of your club to me. I'm sorry if that is offensive to you, and it really isn't all united are, but that's the modern day image of you. Yes I'm extremely bitter too

Skyblue Bangkok

Make no mistake about it, today destroyed that club's image. Whole world will have seen the corruption that occurred and the behaviour of the foreign Man Utd players (Maguire was class but he understands our culture and has manners unlike that Man Utd goalkeeper and Anthony who appear backward and uneducated) and the world saw what a proper English fanbase is like with the passion and pride and togetherness with the players. Man Utd got exposed for what they now are, a plastic franchise with supporters who dont even know their own songs.
The Premier League is also damaged as on X there thousands of posts from people saying the Premier League is crap and real English football is the Championship.
Our stature has increased after today exponentially.
Only winners today were Coventry City.
Manure reputation has been destroyed for a long time before we played them. They've spent more than their neighbours over event years and are light years behind them and Liverpool . Crap ground , manager and players plus plastic fans .

wingy

Manager calls press reaction pathetic and outrageous or word's to that effect!
Mmmm!! Accurately A disgrace and embarrassing!

blunted

Who in their right mind would want billionaire American investors. Worked for Liverpool but Man U, Birmingham and a few others it has not been a positive outcome.
I used to live in Manchester in the late 70s. All the cool kids (punks, art students, band members etc) supported Man City. Suppose it depends which circles you move in.

Hobo

You can’t just invent stats to make a point
It really isn't. But if you trust the stereotypical view not backed up by facts that is up to you.

PS I hate Man United and their fans. As a boy I was a Manchester City fan for about 3 years 69-71.

Users who are viewing this thread