We didn't play Saturday - but what a day! (1 Viewer)

Irish Sky Blue

Do 3k Wasps fans still travel up here? It shows an incredible loyalty to their club (something Wasps owner hasn't shown them) and also shows what a sporting club means to it's community if true. I know we, and probably all clubs, have fans who travel long distances to support the team. I think their average at Adams Park was 5k in their last season there. To be getting 60% of that total still coming up here four or five years later would be amazing. Are there stats for this?

torchomatic

And the 3,000 traditional London and Wycombe based Wasps fans who travel North every week

That number will reduce as investment in new players and winning performances continue to decline

If it was just three thousand traditional Wasps fans supporting them every game then they would be gone before we could say "Shmmeee loves the council".

CCFC88

A lot of talk about Wasps going back to London, before they moved here they were getting crowds of 5/6000 at Adams Park, I don't think they have anything to move back there for.

I think its more likely they move 20miles west, which of course would be fine with me. Ironically I wouldn't rule out them becoming tenants of BCFC or alternatively getting their grubby mitts on the Alexandra stadium after the commonwealth games.

GaryJones

As much as I would like them to fuck off back to where they came from I can’t see that happening - they are too deep into The Ricoh and the financial bond issue etc etc
Even if they went bust they would probably reappear under another company set up.

TTG

Gimme some words or phrases that describe wasps
I need it for somin.

London
Opportunists
council

Last edited:

GaryJones

Parasites

GaryJones

Interlopers

GaryJones

Opputunists

Kneeza

Cuckoos
Parasites
Incomers
Leeches
Bloodsuckers
Intermeddlers
Floaters
Picklocks
Squatters
Invaders
Itinerants
Refugees
Burglars
Infiltrators
Intruders
Trespassers
Foreign bodies
Wanderers
Transgressors
Neophytes
Pilferers

Last edited:

rockdude101

Not sure where to post this... but this shows where the telegraph lie... and also this joke of a group who had a cosy up with Nick Eastwood, then became massively anti SISU!
CCFC fans' protest group issue questions over stadium plans

Shows where the telegraph lie, what by asking genuine questions over a project that has yet to materialize?

Your strawman arguments don't hold up against the very real pressing questions - what is the long term plan for this club by SISU and when, if ever, will they achieve those plans? To my knowledge, SISU has not bought a single acre to build this new stadium. Construction of a new stadium is likely to take several years, for example the Ricoh took about 5 years to build.

For all the talk of wanting a new stadium, SISU don't seem to be in a hurry in building one.

Tommo1993

Doubt they’ll get anything out of “non blustering or misleading” Timmy, but at least they’re asking the club the right question I suppose. Another non-burner but the pressure does need to be there before the inevitable drop of SA crowds when fuck all is happening with new stadiums.

shmmeee

Shows where the telegraph lie, what by asking genuine questions over a project that has yet to materialize?

Your strawman arguments don't hold up against the very real pressing questions - what is the long term plan for this club by SISU and when, if ever, will they achieve those plans? To my knowledge, SISU has not bought a single acre to build this new stadium. Construction of a new stadium is likely to take several years, for example the Ricoh took about 5 years to build.

For all the talk of wanting a new stadium, SISU don't seem to be in a hurry in building one.

Stadium means stadium!

Sisu won get over it.

Willow de Peeple

You’re a council loving traitor.

I bet you eat eggs for tea cos you love rugby.

#RationalDebate

Sky Blue Harry H

Stadium means stadium!

Sisu won get over it.

Willow de Peeple

You’re a council loving traitor.

I bet you eat eggs for tea cos you love rugby.

#RationalDebate

You enjoyed that didn't you..............!

Users who are viewing this thread