Match Thread WBA (h) - 12:30 - Sat 4th - on Sky (1 Viewer)

NortonSkyBlue

Seen it now. Poor to not cover the run. Yep and that tainted his whole performance for you I understand
I think Dabo was on his heels and not prepared for the through ball but I would have liked to have seen that goal from behind and see the positioning in relation to Grant. Maybe from that angle we may see he would have been unable to change the outcome from his starting position. Yes the argument would then be he should have been closer.

Cov kid 55

Vik didn’t really do it either. He seems short on confidence to me
Do you think so? He certainly didn’t hide, constantly demanded the ball and kept running at their defence. I may be wrong, but I can’t remember him having any chances over the last few games, a result of us not creating clear cut chances despite good approach play.

Brighton Sky Blue

Do you think do? He certainly didn’t hide, constantly demanded the ball and kept running at their defence. I may be wrong, but I can’t remember him having any chances over the last few games, a result of us not creating clear cut chances despite good approach play.

The work rate remains good, but he is really snatching at things when he gets sight of goal and seems more visibly frustrated on the pitch. I think like a good number of our younger players he'd benefit from an arm round the shoulder, which isn't really Robins' MO.

ccfc1234

They are a physical team but for much of the game looked like they could be got at and a draw in my view would have been a fairer reflection of the game. That said not winning our home games will have us descending down the table rapidly due to our atrocious away form.

Some reinforcements are badly needed. With Mattsen coming off and no viable left footed options we need to bring in an experienced (permanent) LWB. It's been a problem area for a while. COH while he is up there for player of the season. We need to find someone else to either play with him in a two behind a forward or as cover for COH in a key position.
If there is movement outwards in the forward department we should try and find cover. Vic is showing flashes of his early season form but he looks like he misses Waghorn as a strike partner.

baldy

It seems to me as if we almost look like we believe our own ‘hype’ of being a good passing team & thus try & walk it in a la Arsenal in the Wenger days instead of just taking a shot or getting a cross in - it does feel like we’re slowly coming down slowly from our rise BUT I’m enjoying the ride so far - didn’t expect to have this much of an enjoyable season & with the way the league is this season you just never know….PUSB

pusbccfc

It seems to me as if we almost look like we believe our own ‘hype’ of being a good passing team & thus try & walk it in a la Arsenal in the Wenger days instead of just taking a shot or getting a cross in - it does feel like we’re slowly coming down slowly from our rise BUT I’m enjoying the ride so far - didn’t expect to have this much of an enjoyable season & with the way the league is this season you just never know….PUSB

I agree we try to walk it in, but that's partly down to how poor our shooting is on the edge of the box. 9/10 Kelly and Sheaf will put it over the bar.

JAM See

I agree we try to walk it in, but that's partly down to how poor our shooting is on the edge of the box. 9/10 Kelly and Sheaf will put it over the bar.
Kelly 'scored' against Blackburn by having a pop.

Kane nearly 'scored' today by putting it in the mixer.

We need to lash it more.

pusbccfc

We need to lash it more.

Kelly has put a shot over the bar most weeks, same for Maatsen and Sheaf.

O'Hare has shot from the edge of the box and it's rolled into the keepers arms.

Even Gyökeres has had some poor efforts from outside the box.

Brighton Sky Blue

Kelly has put a shot over the bar most weeks, same for Maatsen and Sheaf.

O'Hare has shot from the edge of the box and it's rolled into the keepers arms.

Even Gyökeres has had some poor efforts from outside the box.

At the same time too often players just want one extra touch, one extra [ass and invariably it's then that any chance to score evaporates. It's probably the most frustrating thing to watch in our games over the last few months.

higgs

Big vik no goals in 10 now starting to hurt us hope he starts firing again soon

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Paxman II

If we had another 5 minutes we may well of equalised tbf. let's not get too disheartened today. It was a game that slipped away from us and we couldn't complete the comeback this time. In fact the stats gave us the majority possession, though that's a bad reflection of the overall game. Playing Dabo out of position again and not the box midfield against a strong W.Brom side may have been to our determent in hindsight.

Brighton Sky Blue

If we had another 5 minutes we may well of equalised tbf. let's not get too disheartened today. It was a game that slipped away from us and we couldn't complete the comeback this time. In fact the stats gave us the majority possession, though that's a bad reflection of the overall game. Playing Dabo out of position again and not the box midfield against a strong W.Brom side may have been to our determent in hindsight.

We have gone behind first in over half our games this season. To have come back from quite a few of these in itself is pretty remarkable but it shows we are making the task even more difficult for ourselves a lot of the time. Simply put our players have to be at the top of their game and as fatigue, injuries and perhaps lack of confidence sets in that's less likely to happen.

More quality in depth is needed but I wonder if that requires resources beyond what we're willing to spend

Cov kid 55

I think Dabo was on his heels and not prepared for the through ball but I would have liked to have seen that goal from behind and see the positioning in relation to Grant. Maybe from that angle we may see he would have been unable to change the outcome from his starting position. Yes the argument would then be he should have been closer.
I was watching on Sky which did show the play developing from behind our defence. I posted earlier that Dabo was indeed on his heels, his whole body language was wrong, just not engaged, switched off and allowing their player to run across him and through the middle. Dabo just didn’t respond to the run. Very poor goal to concede.

Frostie

We need to lash it more.

In fairness Kelly didn't score v Blackburn, yes it was well struck but it was off target & we got a lucky rebound off the keeper.
He & Sheaf are very poor at long shots & Hamer seems reluctant of late.

SkyBlueMatt

Really disappointing result today, hoping the players can get there mojo back soon. I know before this run of games, we said how tough it would be. We haven't really been outplayed in any of the games, more that the team hasn't kept up the exceptional high standards they started with.

I never thought at the start of the season I'd be this disappointed with a narrow loss to WBA. Shows how well they've done.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Blind-Faith

Disappointing result and poor performance for most of the game , having had chance to sleep on it , shows how far we have come that losing 2-1 to the Albion and we’re all gutted means we’re going the right way.

still in the play offs for now with this horrible run of game nearly over, let’s enjoy the ride!

For future reference, we should just write home games against the Albion and away games at Preston off, we can’t be disappointed then 😂

Northeast sky blue

We always seem to struggle against the high intensity, physical sides like West Brom, Bham, Luton,Preston for example, we're not a big side, perhaps that needs addressing in the future and no I wouldn't want us playing a style like Bham and Preston in particular

Grendel

Thought Godden and Kelly looked very league 1 today. Godden is a passenger when we aren't creating him chances, he's too slow to trouble teams outside the box.

It seems bizarre we have contracted him to 34 and Kelly to nearly the same

Grendel

In the same way he’s not gonna say he played Hamer oh no he did.
In the same way he’s not gonna say he picked Dabo ahead of Hyam. Oh no he did.
I think he would have said if he thought it

He said Hamer did his own fitness test

Grendel

It puts value on them it doesn’t mean they will be here for the whole contract.

kelly has no value and godden was contracted anyway - you sound like orange Ken

Sky Blue Harry H

Just hopped on to the Albion forum - unlike a lot of forums where the fans seem to brand the opposition as dross, they seem very complimentary to us regarding our second half performance, and our team overall. Possibly easier to do when you have taken 3 points, but I thought it was interesting to read the opposition's view of our team,. We can be somewhat blinkered depending on the result. Last week 'I ****ing love this team' to this week '-list any of 5 or more players 'drop him'

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

In fairness Kelly didn't score v Blackburn, yes it was well struck but it was off target & we got a lucky rebound off the keeper.
He & Sheaf are very poor at long shots & Hamer seems reluctant of late.

But if he hadn't taken the shot we wouldn't have scored...

If our shooting from range is that poor, do more of it during training.

Hertsccfc

But using that logic we could just aim the ball at a defenders hand even if his arm wasn't up? His hand would be in a natural position at the time and the ball would have hit his hand, so in that case it would be handball?
This is absurd. It was clearly handball and it doesn't have to be deliberately. Even the best players in the world couldn't aim for another player's hand successfully and basically why would they try rather than try to score ir clear the ball?

Users who are viewing this thread