Match Thread WBA (h) - 12:30 - Sat 4th - on Sky (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue Pete

This narrative that we cannot criticise the manager and team because we won some games earlier in the season is getting pretty boring now.

Look at the form table, we are doing pretty fucking badly in comparison to how we started. It is a really gutless attitude to daydream about beating Fulham about three months ago and pretend every game in the meantime is fine, even if we play shite.

Dabo also cost us the first goal, so I am really not sure where you are coming from here.
The goal came through the middle between rose and fadz. What did Dabo do wrong for that one?

Sky Blue Pete

Other than costing us another goal at CB, if hyam was fully fit he'd have started and dabo probably at rwb or lwb... He let us down again at CB today, not fully his fault as he isn't a CB but to say he was ahead of hyam on merit is false
Please explain how the first goal was down to him

Sick Boy

They do if they are raised and get penalties.

That's why defenders defend with their arms down.

See the O'Hare one conceded.
But using that logic we could just aim the ball at a defenders hand even if his arm wasn't up? His hand would be in a natural position at the time and the ball would have hit his hand, so in that case it would be handball?

pusbccfc

Then why don’t players just kick it at the oppositions’ hands in the penalty area?

Because, without sounding sarcastic, it's easier to shoot and score than it is to aim for the arm.

As Nick says, it's a penalty all day long had it been a defender.

Ultimately, the ref didn't see it with the pace of the play.

Nick

Administrator
But using that logic we could just aim the ball at a defenders hand even if him arm isn't up? His hand is in a natural position at the time and the ball has hit his hand, so in that case it would be handball?
The guy who scored didn't have his arm in a natural position. It was in the air.

blunted

I’ve watched it serval times in slow motion,thanks.
Then it's your opinion against seasoned pros some with their Albion tinted specs on. MMMH who should I think is more qualified. As my original post said, which I believe is more relevant, appears our players were below par due to the virus. That is pure speculation and I'm waiting to hear the manager's observations which will hopefully shed more light on the situation.

Sick Boy

Because, without sounding sarcastic, it's easier to shoot and score than it is to aim for the arm.

As Nick says, it's a penalty all day long had it been a defender.

Ultimately, the ref didn't see it with the pace of the play.
...and yet none of the players appealed.

Sick Boy

Then it's your opinion against seasoned pros some with their Albion tinted specs on. MMMH who should I think is more qualified. As my original post said, which I believe is more relevant, appears our players were below par due to the virus. That is pure speculation and I'm waiting to hear the manager's observations which will hopefully shed more light on the situation.
Then why did none of our players bother to appeal?

Liquid Gold

Robins’ interview was odd really. Said we didn’t set up right and the tactics were wrong.

I mean I agree with him but that’s his job.

Sick Boy

I think a couple did. Most wouldn't have been able to see it though.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk
Don't think any did; if it was such a blatant handball as is being made out, they'd have been protesting vehemently.
Robins also said he was disappointed none appealed.

Brighton Sky Blue

I must have missed it then.
Personally I don't think it was so blatant though and don't think it should be used to make excuses or deflect away from the performance today.

It would be given on VAR but was very hard to pick up real time. The defending was still very poor regardless.

Greggs

Thought the baggies looked decent, did they change their system today? Very good at the back too.

higgs

What was the story with the lad running over towards the dug out near the end of the game was he going to give robins stick?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

Did you watch the game? This is insane
Yep simple question. I do remember him beating 3 players and playing the ball through for Ohare to set up sheaf. I remember that one. I don’t recall the first goal but if he played it across it was a poor ball. There were a few who did it though and he wasn’t the worst for missing passes today

CCFCSteve

Again I am certain that some did unless my mind is playing tricks. McF for one went straight for the ref

No, you’re right, him and another player. Surprised when Robins said nobody appealed. It was maybe a bit after the event though, goal had been given

Ps even a couple of baggies mates said it was handball. Unlucky. Used to shit officials and today’s were no different

Users who are viewing this thread