Match Thread WBA (h) - 12:30 - Sat 4th - on Sky (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Awful. Hope they were ill because if not that was dreadful. Rose and Fadz were OK, Kane was average, Shwaf OK, Hyam, Dabo, Hamer, Kelly, the front three were so poor.

Evo1883

No he fucking ain't.
But if you know that, and I know that, and 20 thousand sky blues fans know that, why the fuck has MR started him there in place of Hyam.

Because hyam weren't fully fit ? I think that's quite obvious

SkyblueTexan

Perfect time to play West Brom. Opportunity missed entirely because of the selection. Never want to see Dabo at centre back again. Concentration isn't good enough and isn't comfortable enough on the ball.
Agree. Don't understand why MR wants to play Dabo out of position. He sucks at CB. Honestly, his crossing as a WB are not much better these days either. O'Hare maybe needs a rest as he is running on fumes and not offering much. Hamer should not have played; clearly unfit. Should probably have gone with 1 up top and played a 5 man midfield as they controlled the middle of the park for pretty much the whole game. Gyo needs Waggy as a sidekick to score I think. Not sure why Gyo's just totally gone off the boil. Godden needs to regrow the tash pronto.

This loss is on MR.

Tommo1993

Yeah we weren’t great. But they were miles from being the best we’ve come up against, can’t give them any more credit than beating a team who are ill.

speedie87

Dabo had a decent second half.
He's lost at centre half . Just can't see what Robin's see's in playing him there

Agree he’s had a mare whenever played there, can only assume he played him if hyam wasn’t 100% and or they were pacy upfront and hyam and mcfadzean aren’t

Esoterica

I actually though Dabo was pretty good today for most of the game but his part in the first goal will be what is remembered. Conversely Kane, who got an assist and almost forced an owngoal, was really poor outside of those contributions.

Evo1883

Tbf though he was fit enough to play 45 mins. Surely you start him then take him off if he doesn't last?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Either way it's an issue , I doubt Robins is playing him there because he wants to

Grendel

Dabo must have upset an awful lot of you.

Starting Hamer may have cost us that.

Difficult run

We were totally outplayed the score flattered us hugely

fatso

That's harsh. He certainly isn't a RCB. Looked very decent at LWB though (and even then he's playing out of position) - so give him a break.
How the fuck can you give him a break after such an abject first half display?
Go and watch that first goal again and study Dabo's movement (hint, lack of movement)
He was shocking! Fadz should of twatted the c**t.

Evo1883

I actually though Dabo was pretty good today for most of the game but his part in the first goal will be what is remembered. Conversely Kane, who got an assist and almost forced an owngoal, was really poor outside of those contributions.

He was , but he was one of many tbh , there wasn't really anybody who came away today with a strong performance.

Grendel

It's a pity because we played so much better second half. Hard to swallow a defeat at home which came down to a blatant hand ball that would never have stood in the premier league. Frustrating stuff.
We do need to find our spark though, and a couple of changes to team selection may be the answer. Some tired legs out there and not sure how much the camps illness had played a part in that.
Must get something next game to keep our season's top 6 hopes alive.

They let us play we were second best all over the pitch

Nick

Administrator
Tbf though he was fit enough to play at least 45 mins, if he wasn't Robins wouldn't have brought him on at half time. Surely you start him then take him off if he doesn't last?

Exactly.

pusbccfc

Look at who we've played though. We've had a real tough run of games to deal with. We'll be top 6 come the end of the season.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Exactly. We were punching before having beaten all the naff at the bottom.

We are naturally dropping to a top 10/12 side.

stupot07

Our current form:

Last 6 17th in the league
Last 8 15th in the league
Last 10 19th in the league
Last 12 19th in the league

SeaSeeEffCee

Biggest issue at the moment is we just don’t look like scoring goals. The Bristol City anomaly aside we’ve been dreadful going forward vs 11 men since the Blackburn game.

Esoterica

Retrospectively, Sheaf's swing and a miss after 10 mins, at O'Hares 1 decent ball in the final third today was an important moment. Difficult but good chance and the game just went away from us after that. Would have resulted in a very different first half.

Users who are viewing this thread