Match Thread WBA (h) - 12:30 - Sat 4th - on Sky (2 Viewers)

larry_david

Hamer shouldn't have started if he can't kick the ball. He wasn't even on corners because he can't kick it.

That clip of dabo watching grant run through past him is going to go viral for dreadful defending

Grendel

Its a clear handball. Going in a 1-0 and you'd hope Robins can sort things out and give us a chance in the 2nd half. Going in at 2-0 is a different story.

If Godden gets a suspension for appealing for a penalty how come you don't get a suspension when you handle the ball into the net and claim a goal?

I must be honest I was in line and had a similar view to the linesman and it was not obvious so in real time it’s difficult and frankly we should have defended it better - they nearly scored two minutes before we’ve made it very easy for them

Flying Fokker

Come on City...WBA is making mincemeat of the Sky Blues. They were first to the ball and we gave them the ball when not!

Nick

Administrator
Hamer shouldn't have started if he can't kick the ball. He wasn't even on corners because he can't kick it.

That clip of dabo watching grant run through past him is going to go viral for dreadful defending
Haven't seen a replay and not sure I want to.

SeaSeeEffCee

As bad as we have been West Brom have been very good. We haven’t been able to handle their press and their three centre backs have been the best I’ve seen at the CBS so far. They’ve read every long ball we’ve tried to play over the top.

Grendel

Haha, still trying to set up your agenda so you can say Robins out if we slip down to midtable you sad fuck.

No we are in the top 6 it’s you who think we are not capable of keeping that going? Why?

stupot07

That was a shambles. WBA have played really well, pressed high, but have allowed ourselves to drop too deep, the space the midfield 2 are having to cover is enormous, and our attackers are not doing enough to protect the ball. We've not even able to get either wingback in the final third enough with the ball. Some moaning about Kane, but I can't remember Maatsen touching the ball in the final third at all. We have been far too sloppy in possession, we've had 1 shot all game (not counting kanes cross), no that was 2 mins ago mcfadzean from 30 yards.

I'm not sure what the answer is. They are dominating midfield, we need another player in there.

To many players not playing well. Dabo, maatsen, kane, hamer, godden ohare and gyok have been really poor. Fadz, Rose and Sheaf have been the pick of the outfield players.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

Baggies’ press is playing us out of the game.

They look a class above even with their errors and we look like Earnsford Grange under 7s

larry_david

They've given that as a fadz own goal out of embarrassment for not wanting to give the wba player thr credit of scoring a handball goal

Esoterica

No Waghorn and Gyokeres goals have dried up. Godden can finish but nothing else

The tactics today from the keeper out have been awful. We’ve tried to draw them up and pass through - after it failed for the10th time we should have changed tack - been dire
Their forward 3 just drop 10 metres off our CBs when we have possession and shield in front of Sheaf & Hamer/Kelly while their midfield steps up their arses. Just didn't react to it all half and had no answers for it other than o'Hare dropping massively too deep to show for the ball too.

stupot07

Its a clear handball. Going in a 1-0 and you'd hope Robins can sort things out and give us a chance in the 2nd half. Going in at 2-0 is a different story.

If Godden gets a suspension for appealing for a penalty how come you don't get a suspension when you handle the ball into the net and claim a goal?
It looked like it may have been over before it was cleared and put in with his hand?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

BornSlippySkyBlue

Yeah, not our best half. Can’t be this bad second half, can we?

Didn’t see the handball goal clearly, but if preventing a goal illegally is a sending off, surely deliberately cheating to score one is too. Or a retrospective ban if not seen at the time. Makes little difference, we’ve been poor so far today.

Brighton Sky Blue

£50 million extra in parachutes means we have to be properly on our game. Dabo at CB is just not going to cut it.

I’ll hold off on calling game over but it’s again being made unnecessarily easy

Hertsccfc

I must be honest I was in line and had a similar view to the linesman and it was not obvious so in real time it’s difficult and frankly we should have defended it better - they nearly scored two minutes before we’ve made it very easy for them
It was a clear handball

Briles

Tbf, he checks his shoulder and sees fadz there, fadz is flat footed though, hyam would've been on the cover

procdoc

We need to rethink our set up. I can see why we are trying to play through them, they’re physically a bigger side so going more direct wouldn’t work either. We should try to move the ball a bit quicker perhaps if we are to continue trying to play through them

Liquid Gold

Whoever said MR outthought Ismail in April and can do it again has got it very wrong so far.

Worst tactical set up of the season.

ccfc92

We need to rethink our set up. I can see why we are trying to play through them, they’re physically a bigger side so going more direct wouldn’t work either. We should try to move the ball a bit quicker perhaps if we are to continue trying to play through them

Goodman hit the nail on the head, we're Nearly Men.

It's always that final touch/pass/shot that is our downfall.

Users who are viewing this thread