Wayne Rooney (1 Viewer)

SkyblueBazza

I think his enthusiasm and ‘name’ will have a positive impact on the squad. Not sure he will play much, if at all but his influence in the dressing room may make all the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It will certainly influence income for the club

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

skyblue1991

They've becoming a bit of a PR team Derby, first Lampard now Rooney.

Agree with what others said, I cannot see him being a good coach or manager. He just hasn't got the people skills unfortunately.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

clint van damme

I think he'll do ok.
A great player to have around a football club by all accounts, great with the youngsters and used to go out of the way to get involved and encourage others even when injured or dropped.
Down to whether he can accumulate the necessary tactical nous and coaching skills.
Good luck to him.

fernandopartridge

Turns out their sponsor, a gambling firm, is paying his wages. Football really has no class.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Covstu

Turns out their sponsor, a gambling firm, is paying his wages. Football really has no class.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
It’s like football prostitution! So who’s his master the club or the betting company? Surely there are rules being broken here?

Sick Boy

They've becoming a bit of a PR team Derby, first Lampard now Rooney.

Agree with what others said, I cannot see him being a good coach or manager. He just hasn't got the people skills unfortunately.

What’s that based on? Do you know him personally?

skyblue1991

What’s that based on? Do you know him personally?
No I don't know him personally. But I do know from listening to interviews that he doesn't strike me as someone a footballer can warm to as a manager.

I can't see it but happy to be proved wrong.

Sick Boy

No I don't know him personally. But I do know from listening to interviews that he doesn't strike me as someone a footballer can warm to as a manager.

I can't see it but happy to be proved wrong.

Speaking on camera and on the training ground/in the dressing room is very different. If you ignore the media portrayal of him he comes across as quite intelligent in in-depth interviews.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

He does sound as thick as pig shit generally.

SkyblueBazza

He does sound as thick as pig shit generally.
I always think Steve Gerrard looks & sounds bored beyond belief. The interview at the weekend after there rout didn't seem to leave him very enthusiastic.

At present Rooney keeps saying 'hopefully' when I hear him...which is progress from 'errrm' & 'you know like' from players of the past...but I fear it is a cash generator in the main from Derby's perspective & the fans will be taken for mugs

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Gazolba

Anyone who has headed the ball a lot has some brain damage.

Users who are viewing this thread