Wave of optimism

Discussion in 'Coventry City General Chat' started by dongonzalos, Dec 16, 2016.

1. rondog1973

rondog1973 Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £302.24
    There is no appetite in Coventry to see Wasps removed from the Ricoh whilst Sisu are the club owners.

If you want to disprove this theory, get off your arse and organise a protest against these other parties you hold accountable and stop bleating on a fans forum about it.

Good luck.

oakey and cloughie like this.
  2. torchomatic

torchomatic Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £2,519.70
    CCC, ACL and Wasps have had a hand in our downfall, that can't be denied, so I don't think "deflecting the blame" is quite accurate.

stupot07 likes this.
  3. torchomatic

Credit:
    £2,519.70
    That's right. Sad, isn't it?

Samo and chiefdave like this.
  4. stupot07

stupot07 Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £1,924.52
    Thats ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

5. rondog1973

Credit:
    £302.24
    Don't want Wasps here. Outweighed though by not wanting Sisu here.

6. torchomatic

Credit:
    £2,519.70
    That's what I mean, proves my point. A team swan in and take the stadium from us (for whatever reason people shouldn't like it no matter whose fault it is) yet not a word is said. And, if someone does say something then they are accused of excusing SISU.

7. skybluericoh

skybluericoh Member

Credit:
    £100.00
    I understand the rationale to run a business 'not for loss' so the break even I do agree with to a point. But last season when things were going well gates were over 16000 and rising.Then came the fall and the club for whatever reason, didn't recruit, and we are now a struggling L1 team with a very disenfranchised fan base.

Run it on break even as your number 1 then the spiral down will get get quicker. SISU state they have invested 60 /70 Million depending on who says what, at the moment, they might get 2-3 million, So I understand why they will not sell, but with the business model they are running it will be worth maybe £500k in a year. The longer they stay the more they will lose.

I still believe the main reason to run a football club should be to compete, not breakeven, but should also live within it means.

As for the protests, I can see why fans would ru on the pitch etc, I wouldn't as a criminal record would hinder my lifestyle, but those that did, FairPlay to them. However I i was an official, or member of a public organisation I would have to come out and say it was wrong. Some people have different responsibilities, so have to act and say things in a certain way, I get to some CCFC may be the most important thing in their lives and as such will feel more passionate about it. For me NOPM will have to do.

Captain Dart and montydon87 like this.
  8. rondog1973

Credit:
    £302.24
    Think what the OP is saying though is that the protest and subsequent interviews Fisher has given has focused minds on the club owners role in CCFC's fall from grace.

Regardless of differences in opinion on the role other parties have played, the aftermath has layed bare Sisu's ambitions and that surely is a cause for all fans to condemn.

Moff, dongonzalos, Astute and 2 others like this.
  9. torchomatic

Credit:
    £2,519.70
    I totally agree with you, just saying though that things would not be so grave if Wasps were still where they belonged. In London. A new investor/owner would then have the option to negotiate a deal with CCC for ACL. Still, that ship has sailed now.

Moff, rondog1973 and stupot07 like this.
  10. rondog1973

Credit:
    £302.24
    This is the Catch 22 for me. Don't think Sisu would relinquish club ownership whilst ACL was up for grabs.

11. chiefdave

chiefdave Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £7,652.26
    But you can't do both. Lets say SISU, or any new owner for that matter, suddenly decide to 'invest' £5m to get us promoted. How do they get a return on that? Either we don't get promotion and that moneys basically lost or we do get promotion and even more is needed the following season as you're competing with teams that are prepared to put a lot of money in.

Our problem is we're in a unique situation with regards to our ground which makes us unattractive as a takeover target. That means we aren't seeing the cycle of owner comes in, pumps millions in then walks away writing it off for the next person to try.

stupot07 and torchomatic like this.
  12. torchomatic

Credit:
    £2,519.70
    Well, we'll never know but I certainly think we'd be more attractive to potential owners.

13. Astute

Astute Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £20,737.03
    Clueless?

So I was the 20th person to think it deserved a 'like'. The one thing I noticed was not one person who tries to put the blame on CCC, CET or anyone but SISU in every thread that they can gave it a 'like'. For how many was it because it shows fan unity against SISU and how badly that they have run our club?

14. dongonzalos

dongonzalos Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £101.00
    Exactly

15. dongonzalos

Credit:
    £101.00
    Why TF said if crowds go down he will just cut more.
    His sole aim is breakeven. If that means 3k at the Butts then he would have no qualms as long as it is breakeven.
    We can't afford the Ricoh
    We can't afford a new stadium
    Our current attendance is too big for the Butts
    2 more years of this?
    Who knows.

16. stupot07

stupot07 Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £1,924.52
    Thats different to you saying the aim/objective is to get down to 3k so they can move to the butts. There are minimum requirement for stadia in thr football league, IIRC is 5k (with a specific % of seating at L1 & 2) so it wouldn't need to get to 3k to become an option.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

dongonzalos likes this.
  17. Otis

Otis Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £1,807.95
    Yeah.

I have always alluded to this and I CAN see it happening, but not by design, just simply that it would suit Sisu if it ever happened that this business model lead to league two and lower and lower crowds.

stupot07 likes this.
  18. Gosford Green

Gosford Green Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £75.00
    BPA will not happen, not while this lot are the owners of CCFC they (CRFC) will not go anywhere near them.

Fisher knows this and used the pitch invasion as a get out.

Wheelfass likes this.
  19. italiahorse

italiahorse Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £131.23
    We have never had the stadium ?

20. torchomatic

Credit:
    £2,519.70
    True, but it was built for us, not for a London Franchise. Should make CCFC fans angry, but it doesn't. Some even embrace it, don't they?

21. FRANK

FRANK New Member

Credit:
    £100.00

Very well put.

Listening to Tim last night, you can see he is very good at playing a straight bat to some excellent points put by very emotional fans. Irritatingly, he did a good job of putting down each question/statement/insult one by one. Everything was boxed off - the one response format actually facilitated that.

Where he struggles though is with a collective. One voice. This is why we need a more structured, robust and single line of questioning (no offence Clive).

The fans broke the law by getting onto the pitch, in fact. He knew that. Morally though, the fans had good reason and have been supported by the press and football community since. We need to focus on that - why we did it in the first place.

What's gone wrong? Why? What's the common denominator? What is his legacy? Where does the anger come from? Now that we are break even what is the plan? How will SISU re-engage the fans?

He can't answer these questions. Which is exactly why we need a single advocate. We'll find that in the press, in the FA, in the football community, by sticking together.

22. italiahorse

italiahorse Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £131.23
    Just sums Sisu up.
    Could have had it for less than £30M, wanted it for peanuts and will spend more than £30M on something half the size.
    Mismanagement of epic proportions.

23. torchomatic

Credit:
    £2,519.70
    Maybe if they were offered the same deal at the same price we wouldn't be talking about Wasps.

chiefdave and stupot07 like this.
  24. Grendel

Grendel Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £5,704.08
    As another poster has pointed out there is zero evidence of a single thing to be optimistic about

25. Moff

Moff Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £405.75
    This is what I don't get OSB, how long will Sisu want to hold onto a business that's customer base is falling and falling?

Surely at some point if we fall down the leagues they will need to sell, surely investors will want some return at some point, they wont want to keep the club for year after year, into decades? So why devalue the business by epic proportions, as selling a League club as compared to say a lower league conference side would surely be worth a whole lot more.

26. Astute

Astute Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £20,737.03
    Of course it makes us angry. And it pisses me off when people make excuses for SISU. And it is exactly what Fisher wants.

colin101 likes this.
  27. Astute

Astute Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £20,737.03
    Maybe if Fisher didn't keep saying that they were building their own stadium and would never go back to the Ricoh CCC wouldn't have sold it to them. It gave CCC enough excuses to sell to someone else.

28. torchomatic

Credit:
    £2,519.70
    There will never be an excuse for selling to an outside team. Keep making them for CCC though, that's how they've got away with it. Doubt this would've happened in other cities.

chiefdave and stupot07 like this.
  29. dongonzalos

Credit:
    £101.00
    I think you need to get out your little pocket dictionary and look up the word 'starts'.

Sky Blue Kid likes this.
  30. dongonzalos

Credit:
    £101.00
    Maybe when they were told put your best bid in or the council are going elsewhere. As they can't continue to be held to ransom. Maybe then if we bid we might have got the deal Wasps did?

Sky Blue Kid and Astute like this.
  31. dongonzalos

Credit:
    £101.00
    A better way of explaining what I mean. Effectively it is in their contingency plans

Sky Blue Kid likes this.
  32. Sky Blue Kid

Sky Blue Kid Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £0.00
    Is it hard to comprehend Fisher is trying to blackmail CCFC fans?.

colin101 and Astute like this.
  33. dongonzalos

Credit:
    £101.00
    Tim Fisher deflects......
    Thursday we the fans killed off the new Butts stadium we so badly wanted.
    We made Ball boys cry.
    We put off potential investors of what is a good investment.
    We put off potential new managers.
    We were protesting to owners who wouldn't hear about it unless Tim Fisher passes on the message. As they are not involved in the club.
    We made the players shoulders drop and affected their performance.

All of the above deflects from the truth....
    The choosen new manager rejected the club before this protest over after he heard SISU's plans for funding of the club.
    The Butts deal according to some was not happening prior to the protest.
    What investors the club isn't for sale?
    The players had one of their better games.

SISU with the help of Les Reid has done the same with deflecting blame onto the Council, Wasps, The Higgs charity, past owners and the CET. They have been for years.

I not saying these others are blameless just that whilst the blame gets deflected around you do not get a concerted focus in one direction like on Thursday. It was great to see the fans unite in a protest the people who carry the lions share of the blame for our current situation.

They took over 9 years ago for heavens sake.
    They had 9 years to negotiate a better rent deal to buy ACL.
    To make the original plan of a quick return to the premier league work so the rent deal did not matter.

They employed people who could not do this. This initial money was wasted Plan A screwed up.
    They then employed more people on the board who did not have a clue.
    They then got us relegated whilst going for Plan B ACL.
    They tried to destroy it and I would suggest did quite well by the looks of it. However each time they seem to win the would try one step more.
    They secured a good rent deal then renaged on it. They got ACL on its knees yet when CCC said enough bid now or we have a plan B, they didn't and tried to push it further.

You are right we don't have any devine right. However we do have a right to want owners whose priority is the club not a different business and making decisions for the best for that business not the club.

So for me it was very positive to see most fans seeing through the deflections and uniting to get owners who care about the club over any other business.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  34. Astute

Astute Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £20,737.03
    Here we go again. Making excuses for CCC? So what excuse did I make for CCC? The only thing I stated was what Fisher said. Are you trying to say he didn't say it many times?

colin101 and Sky Blue Kid like this.
  35. lifeskyblue

lifeskyblue Well-Known Member

Credit:
    £1,540.50
    Whatever we think of ccc or other parties they don't run CCFC. The mess the football club it is SISU who are to blame they have made the decisions that have put us where we are..... sorry mr Fisher they don't make the decisions or so you tell us. Therefore the buck stops with you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colin101 likes this.