Match Thread Watford (h) (1 Viewer)

Boicey

One of the draw backs of two up front. The three (rather than four) in midfield have a hell of a lot of work to do. Especially if the opposition keep the ball well like Sunderland. Sheaf and Eccles have to try and be more box to box, rather than sitting deeper behind two AM's, like they would in a box formation.
Let's face it with Palmer it almost 3 upfront. Godden does very little high midfield support work and Palmer is Palmer.

shmmeee

Nah come on. We're still a good team and Watford are nothing special.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Just think we need a few more games to get up to speed and Watford look like they’ve started well. Just for a feeling.

Frostie

I know stats can often be meaningless, but I note Watford have the 2nd highest xG in the league, and the lowest xG against. Statistically at least, they're due to give somebody a mauling.
They have been good, not getting their rewards at the moment but lack that individual quality they used to have with João Pedro, Sarr etc.
They dominate the ball, dominate territory, create decent chances & give very little away. Will be a really tough game between 2 teams in transition I think.

Hobo

Would swap our team for theirs, we're at home, we're winning this.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I think we need to score first. If we leak a silly goal they will make it very difficult for us. They are well organised behind the ball and their strength is playing on the counter. A bit like us.

shmmeee

Question: what’s the best tactic for aitting in the wrong seat? Dads back has gone so I’m going to the game on my own and kinda fancied going near the noise so I can sing all game. What are the odds of me finding a seat somewhere? Other than that thinking of trying for just a better view in block 27 as there’s bound to be seats there.

Any experienced seat movers here?

oscillatewildly

Question: what’s the best tactic for aitting in the wrong seat? Dads back has gone so I’m going to the game on my own and kinda fancied going near the noise so I can sing all game. What are the odds of me finding a seat somewhere? Other than that thinking of trying for just a better view in block 27 as there’s bound to be seats there.

I've got an impressive CV that lists attending many a kids party early to mid 1970's that involved 'musical chairs', so I could be your man.
Or maybe not.

clint van damme

Sat up there for a couple of seasons even though my ST was in 16.
Just grab a couple of seats and if someone asks you to move just grab a couple more.
It's not as sparse now obviously but there's still a fair few empties knocking about.

shmmeee

I've got an impressive CV that lists attending many a kids party early to mid 1970's that involved 'musical chairs', so I could be your man.
Or maybe not.

Are you suggesting I wait for everyone to stand up at the start and just sneak in before they can sit down again? Like it!

Ashdown

You’ll find a spare seat in amongst 5 blocks no problem 14-18. Whether they are noisy will depend on the early stages of the game though . We all have a slight issue with expectation this season after all the signings . My personal thoughts are that we are poorer overall now without Vik, Gus and Callum. On that basis the fans have to get back to backing them from the start.

oscillatewildly

Are you suggesting I wait for everyone to stand up at the start and just sneak in before they can sit down again? Like it!
It's all about the music, shmmeee - wait until it stops and then make your move.
The real entertaining element will be when somebody volunteers to remove a seat before each resumption.
In which case we may need to invite some Leeds Utd supporters to get today's party started.

fatso

Anyone think Robins starts Ayari?
Not yet, think he needs to see Ayari add more to his defensive side before he trusts him with a start.
But I don't think it will be too long, possibly when Palmer goes on international duty and we play Hull. I'd like to see him get 20 minutes today if possible.

SkyblueTexan

Was nervous for Boro especially after the Gus sale and we won comfortably. Expected to get well beaten at Leicester and felt we should have at least drawn the way we played (might have been our best effort performance wise to date). Hoped for a draw against bogey Swansea before the match and was gutted with the draw. Thought we’d beat Scumberland, but draw was fair (toothless in the final third). So I suck at predictions. Hope for a win today so that I don’t feel too down during the international break.

Great_Expectations

Gutted missing today as I’m still on holiday - unfortunately timed (not by me I might add!).

However I identified a decent craft beer place (yea I’m one of them!) nearby (ish) so I’ll be there at 3 to watch, I just need a stream.

Any suggestions please SBT? Desperate to watch the game, especially as I had to miss last week.

higgs

Gutted missing today as I’m still on holiday - unfortunately timed (not by me I might add!).

However I identified a decent craft beer place (yea I’m one of them!) nearby (ish) so I’ll be there at 3 to watch, I just need a stream.

Any suggestions please SBT? Desperate to watch the game, especially as I had to miss last week.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

OldBedrocker

Been plenty of empty seats in Block 18 first 2 games. Eldest lad sat in 15 no issue first game

Users who are viewing this thread