Match Thread Watford (h) (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

We’re not keeping a back 5 because of McFadz…

The box did us fine last season and the squad is overall in a better place. We currently lack the star quality, particularly in midfield.

That’s the point though, if we lack the star quality the game plan has to change.

Hertsccfc

The box did us fine last season and the squad is overall in a better place. We currently lack the star quality, particularly in midfield.
Also we wouldn't have bought MvE and Dasilva if we were moving to a back four or Sakamoto for that matter.

mmttww

Godden just did the pre match video with Robins. Still think he'll be dropped?
No. I'd rather he didn't, though. If Godden keeps performing and getting goals, he keeps the shirt. Just want to give Wright and Simms time together and don't think Godden's last performance left him unstoppable, unlike the games before.

Johhny Blue

[QUOTE="BlueSkiesForever, post: 2849435, member: 20079. You take the Boro game out of it (which was just a weird game tbf) and we’ve scored just 2 goals in 3 games…
[/QUOTE]
But if you take away those three games we’ve won every game 3-0

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Wilson
Thomas Fadz Latz
MvE Sheaf Ayari Dasilva
Palmer
Wright Godden

Collins, Binks, Bidwell, Eccles, Kelly, Sakamoto, Rus, Simms, Obikwu

I'll go 2-1 win.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The chance to see Watfrd put 4 or 5 past your team selection which is basically a 1 man midfield!
Well the only real difference in that respect is Eccles out and Ayari in. Even though Ayari came on in place of Palmer last time I think he's capable of playing a bit deeper, like Hamer used to.

Having Eccles and Sheaf together at home seems a little bit negative and we really struggled to create meaningful chances last time, so I'm willing to be more adventurous this.

I suspect MR will start Eccles as he's naturally conservative. In which case I'd be looking at the following subs: Ayari on for Eccles, Saka on for Palmer, Simms on for one of the strikers.

clint van damme

I think Arari looks like a real player but don't think he's up to speed yet with what Robins wants out of possesion.I definitely wouldn't drop Eccles for him at the moment.

WestEndAgro

I don't believe any of the sides that went up had any real star quality, just hard working team's who got the basics right and were difficult to beat. Just my opinion.

Mucca Mad Boys

I don't believe any of the sides that went up had any real star quality, just hard working team's who got the basics right and were difficult to beat. Just my opinion.
Agreed, which is why I think all the promoted teams will get relegated this season. I back Dyche to keep Everton up (somehow) over Burnley.

I do think had we got promoted and kept Hamer & Gyokeres, we may have been able to build a really good team around them to have a fighting chance. Ultimately, I do think there was too much recruitment to do.

Maybe we’d have been like Blackpool, the plucky team everyone wanted to stay up.

Pusb1

right we have a game today lads and lasses!

Transfer window closed

Team prediction/attendance predictions all?

oakey

Eccles is the new Allen.
Most people don't have him in their starting XI but Robins always does.

Sky Blue Harry H

I hope we start taking advantage of our height at set pieces - Thomas, Simms, Fadz etc. Watford play pressing football and a few tricky players. Really have no idea about today's result but would be content with not losing. Need Van Ewjik to do his defensive stuff today - the Watford left winger stayed wide and was full of tricks against Blackburn.

slowpoke

Wilson
Thomas Fadz Latz
MvE Sheaf Ayari Dasilva
Palmer
Wright Godden

Collins, Binks, Bidwell, Eccles, Kelly, Sakamoto, Rus, Simms, Obikwu

I'll go 2-1 win.
When you look at the above add, Allen, COH, new guy Kitching and a fit Taveres squad isn’t too bad imo. Would have liked a couple more in especially another striker, just need fingers crossed on the injury front I reckon we’ll be okay.

Hobo

Eccles is the new Allen.
Most people don't have him in their starting XI but Robins always does.
I would start with him today. I think he has done okay so far and looks up for it.

theferret

I know stats can often be meaningless, but I note Watford have the 2nd highest xG in the league, and the lowest xG against. Statistically at least, they're due to give somebody a mauling.

slowpoke

Eccles was excellent last week but tired badly towards the end. Should have been subbed after 70 minutes.
I agree with that, Eccles covered every blade of grass last week and against a good Sunderland midfield too.
Would love him to add a bit more positivity to his game smack a few shots in etc.

Hobo

Eccles was excellent last week but tired badly towards the end. Should have been subbed after 70 minutes.

One of the draw backs of two up front. The three (rather than four) in midfield have a hell of a lot of work to do. Especially if the opposition keep the ball well like Sunderland. Sheaf and Eccles have to try and be more box to box, rather than sitting deeper behind two AM's, like they would in a box formation.

Users who are viewing this thread