Match Thread Watford FC - Coventry City Match Thread - Saturday 9th Mar (1 Viewer)

Calista

Not excusing the poor defending for their goal or the bad goalkeeping, but when are all these foul throws going to be stopped?
View attachment 34494
In answer to those who wanted to know what was wrong with this throw. IMO he is essentially chucking it off one leg (which gives you massively more leverage) and then bringing the back foot down after the ball has gone. The West Brom guy does the same.

Rule 15:
  • stand facing the field of play
  • have part of each foot on the touchline or on the ground outside the touchline
  • throw the ball with both hands from behind and over the head from the point where it left the field of play

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

No one has ever has claimed he is champions league standard, just that he is our best central midfielder and one or the best in the league.

You seem to be the only Cov fan who thinks he's rubbish.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Trust you to get upset about this and start forgetting things/making stuff up.

Just enjoy the bloody win!

robbiethemole

In answer to those who wanted to know what was wrong with this throw. IMO he is essentially chucking it off one leg (which gives you massively more leverage) and then bringing the back foot down after the ball has gone. The West Brom guy does the same.

Rule 15:
  • stand facing the field of play
  • have part of each foot on the touchline or on the ground outside the touchline
  • throw the ball with both hands from behind and over the head from the point where it left the field of play
Long throws are a good way to create havoc, we looked taken by surprise by it, but we have 2 players who can do it so why don't we use it??

Warwickhunt

Milan Vanearwig substitution stopped em dead in their tracks he closed off their left hand side and with it any chance they had of getting something out of the game

Brighton Sky Blue

Long throws are a good way to create havoc, we looked taken by surprise by it, but we have 2 players who can do it so why don't we use it??
I mean you say that but he had an embarrassing amount of space, nothing to do with it being a long throw per se

Evo1883

Take them all now…?
I get you might not want me to post anymore but
Canadian Wow GIF by DJ Khaled

Warwickhunt

Hideous performance, great 3 points. A point off 6th after a dodgy few weeks isn't to be sniffed at.

As an aside, I think the performances started going downhill after the Sheffield Wednesday issue. Obviously a very serious incident, and it rightly got press attention, but from a footballing perspective I think it was a distraction from the task at hand.
Lot of our players thinking of the Wolves Game which will effect their game intesity

Flying Fokker

2 or more goals for a player-14 or 15 times this season. anyone know of a site that has an easy read summary of games and scorers on one page?

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

Not sure that’ll be enough, would need 2 of WBA, Hull and Norwich to only win 4 of the last 9/10 matches… think we’ll need a very good run in
It remains as it always has been. If we're good enough we'll do it and if we aren't we won't. Got to play much better than this against Southampton/Leeds/Ipswich/Hull/Cardiff

SBT

Lots of criticism of the 352 system today, and we’ve never looked that comfortable with it. But if we can engineer a strike partnership between Wright and Simms that hits its stride before the end of the season then I have to think that gives us the most attacking threat, as opposed to the 433 with a makeshift RW and a lone striker who’s mostly an afterthought.

Users who are viewing this thread