Match Thread Watford (A) (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Studs raised regardless of who won it surely is a sending off the ref bottled it he clearly seen walkers gash also

If you're arguing studs raised technically they both had them raised going for the ball. Just Walker got there first.

It looks outside the penalty area so only a free kick, and he's going wide so not an obvious goalscoring opportunity and therefore red card for that.

It was definitely a free kick and a yellow. Pushing it you could argue he deserved two yellows for separate offences - one for the actual foul, the other for the dangerous nature, but IMO that'd have been harsh.

Given Rose got sent off for a similar incident in some ways we should be grateful Fadz didn't go - wouldn't have mattered on the night but having him missing for a game when we've got a large amount of injuries would've compounded the situation.

cc84cov

If you're arguing studs raised technically they both had them raised going for the ball. Just Walker got there first.

It looks outside the penalty area so only a free kick, and he's going wide so not an obvious goalscoring opportunity and therefore red card for that.

It was definitely a free kick and a yellow. Pushing it you could argue he deserved two yellows for separate offences - one for the actual foul, the other for the dangerous nature, but IMO that'd have been harsh.

Given Rose got sent off for a similar incident in some ways we should be grateful Fadz didn't go - wouldn't have mattered on the night but having him missing for a game when we've got a large amount of injuries would've compounded the situation.
The keeper led with studs there is a difference

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

After not committing to a team yesterday this is what I'd go for from who I think will be available

Marosi
McCallum Rose Osti Hyam Giles
Sheaf Hamer
O'Hare
Walker Biamou​

Wilson, Dacosta, Fadz, Kelly, Allen, Bapaga, Baka

no_loyalty

Even with my Sky Blue spectacles on I can't see anything but a defeat against Watford, like Bournemouth they still have absolute quality in their side.

Watford 3 City 1

Esoterica

Reckon Walker will be patched up to partner Biamou.

If not draft Big Dave Bremang in.
Robins kind of tacked the comment about Walker on to the end of his update as if he felt he'd given too much away already and wanted to throw in a curve ball. I think it'll be Walker and Biamou.

Rugby Sky Blue

My house mate is a Watford fan so I end up watching them a fair bit when City aren't playing. Watford have played virtually the whole season without a recognised striker but just our luck that both Deeney and Andre Gray made the bench for them in midweek. Capoue has also started the last couple of games and will Hughes also made the bench in midweek. They have had quite a lot of their key players out but they seem to have the vast majority of them back just in time to play City (just our luck). They are fairly solid defensively The play a 3-5-2 with Femenia on the right and Swedish international Ken Sema on the left and they have options in the centre, Craig Cathcart, Kabasele, Nigeria captain Troost-Ekong, chilliean International Sierelta or England under 21 centre half Ben Wilmot (not bad depth for championship level right!) The likely team according to my house mate will be:

Foster
Cathcart Kabasele Troost-Ekong
Femenia Capoue Hughes Chalobah Sema
Sarr Gray

cc84cov

So can I take that comment out of context then as you did not tell me what you expect from the game?
A 40m player makes them assured of beating us does it?
I hope for a result but I won’t be shocked if we are beaten well their squad is full of real quality

cc84cov

My house mate is a Watford fan so I end up watching them a fair bit when City aren't playing. Watford have played virtually the whole season without a recognised striker but just our luck that both Deeney and Andre Gray made the bench for them in midweek. Capoue has also started the last couple of games and will Hughes also made the bench in midweek. They have had quite a lot of their key players out but they seem to have the vast majority of them back just in time to play City (just our luck). They are fairly solid defensively The play a 3-5-2 with Femenia on the right and Swedish international Ken Sema on the left and they have options in the centre, Craig Cathcart, Kabasele, Nigeria captain Troost-Ekong, chilliean International Sierelta or England under 21 centre half Ben Wilmot (not bad depth for championship level right!) The likely team according to my house mate will be:

Foster
Cathcart Kabasele Troost-Ekong
Femenia Capoue Hughes Chalobah Sema
Sarr Gray
That midfield 3 is a real force,Gray & Sarr will cause us all sorts of problems but I still not ruling us out

D

Deleted member 2477

Just confirmed by MR on the radio that Godden, shipley and Dabo definately out tomorrow and Walker very doubtful.

looks like a forward line of Max and Baka then

KersleyDigs

After not committing to a team yesterday this is what I'd go for from who I think will be available

Marosi
McCallum Rose Osti Hyam Giles
Sheaf Hamer
O'Hare
Walker Biamou​

Wilson, Dacosta, Fadz, Kelly, Allen, Bapaga, Baka
I'd go this too, although if Walker out too, bring in Kelly to the midfield three and get O'Hare to play closer to Biamou

shmmeee

Jesus slim pickings for this isn’t it?

Maroši
Rose Østigård Hyam
Dacosta McCallum
Hamer Sheaf O’Hare
Biamou Baka

S: Wilson, Pask, Giles, Kelly, Bapaga, Jobello, Hilßner

Scraping the barrel a bit for that bench.

Giles out for Dacosta just to give us a bit more defensive stability and balance in a game we’re likely to be under the cosh. If it looks appropriate how the games going Chuck him on for half an hour against a tired defence.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Jesus slim pickings for this isn’t it?

Maroši
Rose Østigård Hyam
Dacosta McCallum
Hamer Sheaf O’Hare
Biamou Baka

S: Wilson, Pask, Giles, Kelly, Bapaga, Jobello, Hilßner

Scraping the barrel a bit for that bench.

Giles out for Dacosta just to give us a bit more defensive stability and balance in a game we’re likely to be under the cosh. If it looks appropriate how the games going Chuck him on for half an hour against a tired defence.

Got to admit, I’m a little unsure about the dropping Giles aspect. He’s been very decent so far, and although McCallum has done a great job covering at RWB I personally wouldn’t be dropping Giles to move him across. Not that we’ve had many outstanding performers, but he’d be in my “player of the season so far” category if it was for 10 games which it evidentially isn’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kieranp96

Got to admit, I’m a little unsure about the dropping Giles aspect. He’s been very decent so far, and although McCallum has done a great job covering at RWB I personally wouldn’t be dropping Giles to move him across. Not that we’ve had many outstanding performers, but he’d be in my “player of the season so far” category if it was for 10 games which it evidentially isn’t

Was poor the another night, got the ball. In excellent positions than just went back, and when he did cross they were shite.

shmmeee

I think he’s been less effective recently but agree he’s been our most potent attacking force in many games. Mostly I just think McCallum is a more rounded player and it’ll be horses for courses in that LWB slot. I’m also not a fan of playing a LWB on the right. Or a CB at RWB. By no means and I saying Giles should lose his place permanently. Just we should use the squad we’ve got to it’s fullest.

Magwitch

Giles is our best player coming from deep with the ball, rarely loses the ball could we play him in front of McCallum as an old fashioned winger ? Trouble then it messes the system up a bit.

Grendel

It's a game of opinions, and I'm entitled to mine. Lets have your prediction Grendel? Too shy to give any insight of your own? The problem on here as always is too many are negative about their own club, but when we get a good win (like reading) all the praise starts coming in. How about you just try hard to form an opinion that is thoughtful from your own perspective, instead of attacking anyone who dares to make a statement of what they believe. The other issue of course is many on here do not take the time to either read fully or even comprehend what is written in a post half the time. Taking stuff out of context is irratating.

You’ve predicted a win every week. Watford are the best team in the league by a mile. Yes relegation threatened teams can get victories on the day but to pretend the form book is nothing but a banker home win is silly

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'd go this too, although if Walker out too, bring in Kelly to the midfield three and get O'Hare to play closer to Biamou

Might be an option to start to be more solid as it seems Walker is out.

But I think a front two of Baka and Max might just be a bit of a surprise for Watford to face them. it does depend on if 'Angry Baka' turns up, up for the game. If he is he could cause a lot of problems and Max is awkward to play against two. if we can get O'hare supporting too around the box even better.

Brighton Sky Blue

Might be an option to start to be more solid as it seems Walker is out.

But I think a front two of Baka and Max might just be a bit of a surprise for Watford to face them. it does depend on if 'Angry Baka' turns up, up for the game. If he is he could cause a lot of problems and Max is awkward to play against two. if we can get O'hare supporting too around the box even better.

Christ almighty it's a cheese nightmare

Great_Expectations

Definitely going to be a tough one tomorrow and I don’t think it’ll make good viewing for us. Their squad, never mind their team, is another level to the majority in this league and on paper they should walk it. However cliche as it is, we all know that football isn’t played on paper. The Wycombe result should also give us some confidence; we know how terrible they are, yet they managed a result.

My fear is we show too much respect, are intimated and as a result play within ourselves with no confidence - we’ve seen it a few times already this season.

Equally we’ve shown we can play football when we’re on it and while it’s a weakened strike force, we still have players capable of impacting games.

A Sky Blues tinted, 1-1. But whatever the result, I don’t want us to play with fear.

I’m also not looking forward to the inevitable meltdown on here, even if we all know who those posters will be. Looking forward to debating the merits of Kenny Jacketts management.

Users who are viewing this thread