Wasps Value Ricoh Arena at £48.5 million (2 Viewers)

Grendel

italiahorse

The amusing thing though is I could say to your best friend Italia that I would bet £1 million I could find a post from him where he praised SISU and I think he will go offline. He was the biggest SISU cocksucker on this forum - I guess Wasps car parking changed that.

You've already posted it 3 times. However it's always out of context and presented as if it was yesterday.
I'll support anybody that may help us regardless. But if they let me down or use my club for their own gain I will not forgive or forget.
Unlike a few on here who attack Wasps and their supporters yet won't say boo to Sisu. You are top of the list in this, attacking anybody who 'may' be interfering with the 'unknown' Sisu plan. Keep up the good work :claping hands:

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

It's easy to wind you guys up because you are so set on Wasps annihilation.
I've stuck to my guns about Wasps actually being our way out this mess.
You guys want Wasps to fail with no visibility on Sisu's intentions.
I guess Sisu want the same as you guys so you are effectively following them blindly into the abyss.
Fuck Wasps. They are never going to be the solution to CCFC's problems. They have got enough work to do to look after themselves.

Grendel

Fuck Wasps. They are never going to be the solution to CCFC's problems. They have got enough work to do to look after themselves.

Italia is FP one of the sisu 6?

Grendel

Both the hedge fund that owns us and the one that owns the franchise are as bad as each other.

Italia is sick boy one iof the sisu 6?

italiahorse

stupot07

e9f1a5a421281a38119ba19ae886136a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Moff

Oh hello !
Where do I ? I only respond to the sulking 6 opinions. May need to recount.

Oh the faux outrage, the person who literally falls over himself to push the Wasps agenda.

Grow up on the numbers, recount and sulking front, it makes you look like a cock, something you seem to find easy.

James Smith

I don't want any team to go out of existence because it's the fans that suffer and I would hate it to be us that did. Having said that I'm not a fan of Franchise Sport teams or moving teams and hence not a fan of Wasps (or rugby). Therefore if their finances do cause them to lose the Ricoh (and for any lawyers reading this I'm not suggesting that they will) then that's their bad luck. Maybe they can move back to High Wycombe or London - closer to their fans.

italiahorse

Oh the faux outrage, the person who literally falls over himself to push the Wasps agenda.

Grow up on the numbers, recount and sulking front, it makes you look like a cock, something you seem to find easy.

I think you'll find that I respond to posts rather than push Wasps agenda.
On the numbers it emphasises that only a few are bothered about Wasps demise. Yes we all are upset that Wasps sit in our stadium but from the evidence we have been given there seems no desire from Sisu to obtain the Ricoh.
How do we know what risks are associated with Wasps demise if Sisu have to starve ACL again. Can we really generate enough income in L1 ?

Captain Dart

Playground fight, so funny.

Nick

Administrator
I could sit at home and it would make no difference.

Ah I get it. I don't like people who burgle houses and steal but as they are going to do it anyway I may as well get in on the action.

I think personally grown men waving flags about should be kept away from windows.

SkyBlueZack

Am I in the 6? If not, can I be please? Anything but stuck on selfish, greedy and hypocritical italias side! Plus don't want to be last pick

chiefdave

Most however have realised that Wasps are now established and are just enjoying the football perhaps realising the fight is lost. Some, including myself, think they might just be our ticket for survival.
Soon we will all just go and watch the football and leave the politics and finances behind.

Not sure that's right. Hopefully we will get promoted this year. We have been told, by independent football finance experts, that lack of stadium ownership means we can't compete above L1 level. I can't imagine people turning up week in week out when we're in a relegation battle just sitting back and accepting it.

You complain SISU don't have a plan but your only plan seems to be to bury your head in the sand and hope for the best despite all the available evidence showing a dismal future without stadium ownership.

As I've said many times it may be that, once all the options are examined, staying at the Ricoh under Wasps is our best option but that will need our fans to accept being a Championship / L1 yoyo side. If staying at the Ricoh does prove to be our best option then our only hope for a brighter future is obtaining stadium ownership. That is most likely to happen if Wasps fail. That's not people saying they want SISU to try and put them out of business or bugger off to Northampton.

One thing is certain, our fans handing money over to Wasps is not going to help our situation.

skybluetony176

Not sure that's right. Hopefully we will get promoted this year. We have been told, by independent football finance experts, that lack of stadium ownership means we can't compete above L1 level. I can't imagine people turning up week in week out when we're in a relegation battle just sitting back and accepting it.

You complain SISU don't have a plan but your only plan seems to be to bury your head in the sand and hope for the best despite all the available evidence showing a dismal future without stadium ownership.

As I've said many times it may be that, once all the options are examined, staying at the Ricoh under Wasps is our best option but that will need our fans to accept being a Championship / L1 yoyo side. If staying at the Ricoh does prove to be our best option then our only hope for a brighter future is obtaining stadium ownership. That is most likely to happen if Wasps fail. That's not people saying they want SISU to try and put them out of business or bugger off to Northampton.

One thing is certain, our fans handing money over to Wasps is not going to help our situation.

Serious question. Is that actually true? I know it's an often repeated line of TF and ML (when he was with us) but i don't actually recal them naming any said experts or linking to a specific piece by any football finace expert. I always took as another of one of the many flipant, unfounded remarks that they spout.

Nick

Administrator
Serious question. Is that actually true? I know it's an often repeated line of TF and ML (when he was with us) but i don't actually recal them naming any said experts or linking to a specific piece by any football finace expert. I always took as another of one of the many flipant, unfounded remarks that they spout.

Wasn't it a random bloke in the telegraph rather than from SISU?

chiefdave

There was an interview with a chap on CWR who confirmed it. There was also an article in the CT which was presented as stadium ownership not being needed but when you looked at the actual quotes for the expert it only applied to L1 and would become an issue at a higher level.

SkyBlueZack

The telegraph wouldn't want to make wasps look bad. As for Tony's ignorance. Pull the other one. It's been mentioned on the forum several times. Selective reading me thinks.

chiefdave

The telegraph wouldn't want to make wasps look bad. As for Tony's ignorance. Pull the other one. It's been mentioned on the forum several times. Selective reading me thinks.

From the CT

Robert Wilson, Sheffield Hallam University’s expert in football finance, has said the best option for club owners Sisu would be to continue to groundshare with Wasps at the Ricoh Arena until the Sky Blues manage to return to the Championship.

My personal view, based on research and evidence, is that I’m a big fan of multi-use stadiums - particularly in League One and League Two

Mr Wilson did say that owning a stadium would make the club more attractive to potential buyers

“The problems with the ground don’t make CCFC attractive. Foreign owners want deals to be relatively clean.“They want to have a deal that includes a training ground, a stadium and this many players - but Coventry is much more complicated in that regard.”

skybluetony176

Wasn't it a random bloke in the telegraph rather than from SISU?

Don't know about a random bloke but TF was quoted saying it for sure and I can't ever recall ML ever being on CWR's skyblue phone in without ever saying it. IIRC it was every football financial expert in the world.

Nick

Administrator
Don't know about a random bloke but TF was quoted saying it for sure and I can't ever recall ML ever being on CWR's skyblue phone in without ever saying it. IIRC it was every football financial expert in the world.

No it was people being interviewed?

Rusty Trombone

Stadium ownership would help, but it's not imperative, it's the balance of generating cash, income and profit that's important. If staying at Ricoh rather than someone gifting us a stadium, then we'd need to buy access to these revenue streams (I'm not suggesting this is as easy as asking and it being granted).

skybluetony176

Talking of selective hearing the clubs business model is now self sufficiency. So lets say we do have our own ground that doesn't automatically mean that our playing budget will be bigger. Indeed aside from the running costs of the stadium we'll also have a considerable debt to maintain for the build/purchasing costs. So forget FFP etc. if we're self sufficient our playing budget might not go up at all, may even have to go down. We could still be a league one/championship club at best or maybe even worse.

What would be helpful is a fully costed business plan from our esteemed owners. Still they must be busy. One meeting with a local authority in two plus years since they announced that they are building our own ground is obviously time consuming and it's not like you'd do the fully costed business plan in the first place before coming to the decision that you must build your own stadium.

chiefdave

Talking of selective hearing the clubs business model is now self sufficiency. So lets say we do have our own ground that doesn't automatically mean that our playing budget will be bigger. Indeed aside from the running costs of the stadium we'll also have a considerable debt to maintain for the build/purchasing costs. So forget FFP etc. if we're self sufficient our playing budget might not go up at all, may even have to go down. We could still be a league one/championship club at best or maybe even worse.

Blimey Tony you've just made the same arguement as Tim Fisher! The stadium itself should be able to run at a profit, in fact it should be easier than it is for pretty much every other club due to the extra facilites. So what you're saying seems similar to Fisher, that ACL being loaded with debt is not a viable proposition.

I don't see why every other club in the country can own and run a stadium but it now is being regularly suggested on here that we couldn't.

What would be helpful is a fully costed business plan from our esteemed owners.

Careful Tony. That's what I've been asking for and apparently makes me a SISU loving Council hater :D

olderskyblue

Do you have a link to the whole piece Dave?

Not sure you need to bother Tony. We all know if an "expert" says something we don't agree with, then clearly he knows fook all... :D

Users who are viewing this thread