Wasps Value Ricoh Arena at £48.5 million (2 Viewers)

James Smith

I can't belive a single Coventry taxpayer would not want this investigated. We're not tallking about a small difference we're talking about 10s of millions at a time when local services are being cut.

Either the council have failed the taxpayers or Wasps are supplying false information, which as it was included in their bond prospectus is not on.
Worse than that, CCC sold 50% of ACL for £2.77m, that 50% is now valued at £24.25m, that's a 775% increase in the space of 6 months!
Can Wasps really claim to have added that much value to the Ricoh?

Last edited:

James Smith

I personally think £5(ish) mill for the stadium was shit money. I didn't want sisu to pay nothing for it, and I certainly didn't want a london rugby club to pay nothing for it. Was the same deal offered to CCFC when they offered it to Wasps?

Yes but we all know that the council will just point to the statements from the club/Sisu saying that they were building a new stadium and didn't want the Ricoh. Whether those statements should have been made is another matter.

italiahorse

Yes but we all know that the council will just point to the statements from the club/Sisu saying that they were building a new stadium and didn't want the Ricoh. Whether those statements should have been made is another matter.

A lot of joe public think CCFC are building a new stadium.

Sick Boy

We all know that sisu would have snapped the council's hand off to get it at the price the franchise did.

The council told the club time and time again it wasn't for sale.

James Smith

We all know that sisu would have snapped the council's hand off to get it at the price the franchise did.

I'm sure (although I'm not going to find a quote from Lucas at this time of night) Lucas will have said something like they're open to sensible offers but haven't had any, just to cover themselves. Really wouldn't surprise me at all, the hypocritical gits.

Astute

The freehold wasn't for sale. The freehold wasn't sold.

SISU were invited for talks on the future of the Ricoh. But they were like some on here that thought it had become a white elephant because of SISU's tactics of holding everyone to ransom including ourselves. Yet some want to blame anyone but SISU.

skybluetony176

The freehold wasn't for sale. The freehold wasn't sold.

SISU were invited for talks on the future of the Ricoh. But they were like some on here that thought it had become a white elephant because of SISU's tactics of holding everyone to ransom including ourselves. Yet some want to blame anyone but SISU.

Look it's not SISU's fault that SISU never made a bid for the Ricoh after being publicly invited to make a bid. Someone made them not bid for it. The CET, CCC, ACL, Wasps, AT, BR, MM, JE, Higgs, the fans or someone else. Probably.

Nick

Administrator
Look it's not SISU's fault that SISU never made a bid for the Ricoh after being publicly invited to make a bid. Someone made them not bid for it. The CET, CCC, ACL, Wasps, AT, BR, MM, JE, Higgs, the fans or someone else. Probably.
I thought you just wanted to talk football? The same as dongo and bigfatronsba I bet!

skybluetony176

That's just bullshit. The last time that the council made a statement about the availability of ACL they did it very publicly. AL even got on a train and went to JS to hear her offer. What was that offer?

Why you continue to spout the lie that it wasn't for sale is beyond me. It was on TV and everything. Do you really think that no one will notice you're lying?

Moff

Certainly being lapped up by the few.
CET drop a headline but no detail and keyboards are soaked in drool.

Oh the irony.

Like the drool, you and the other Wasps fans dribble everywhere when the CET posted pro Wasps articles with little detail.

Sick Boy

That's just bullshit. The last time that the council made a statement about the availability of ACL they did it very publicly. AL even got on a train and went to JS to hear her offer. What was that offer?

Why you continue to spout the lie that it wasn't for sale is beyond me. It was on TV and everything. Do you really think that no one will notice you're lying?

So you honestly believe that ccc offered the complex to the football club for the same price they sold it to the franchise for?

Lucas has as much credibility as Tim Fisher

skybluetony176

So you honestly believe that ccc offered the complex to the football club for the same price they sold it to the franchise for?

Lucas has as much credibility as Tim Fisher

Bullshit again.

That's neither what you said in the first place or what I replied.

You're just making it up as you go along.

Nick

Administrator
Strange, you moaned about people not talking about football but you haven't bothered with any of the football threads after the great game yesterday. Would have thought if you couldn't make it you would have viewed the match thread or the ratings to see what people thought?

Maybe you will next time we lose? The % of football to politics threads has changed a lot in the past few months.

The same as a few posters have gone mia.

Grendel

Grendel

Oh hello !
Where do I ? I only respond to the sulking 6 opinions. May need to recount.

The thing is how can anyone take you seriously when you can't even count? 80% of the regular forum posters are against you.
It's only you, Tony the Troll and a few others who want success for the franchised team from London to succeed

italiahorse

Indeed it would,other posters have been banned for less

It's easy to wind you guys up because you are so set on Wasps annihilation.
I've stuck to my guns about Wasps actually being our way out this mess.
You guys want Wasps to fail with no visibility on Sisu's intentions.
I guess Sisu want the same as you guys so you are effectively following them blindly into the abyss.

italiahorse

The thing is how can anyone take you seriously when you can't even count? 80% of the regular forum posters are against you.
It's only you, Tony the Troll and a few others who want success for the franchised team from London to succeed

I don't want you to take me seriously because at that level it means I would have had a lobotomy.

Sick Boy

It's easy to wind you guys up because you are so set on Wasps annihilation.
I've stuck to my guns about Wasps actually being our way out this mess.
You guys want Wasps to fail with no visibility on Sisu's intentions.
I guess Sisu want the same as you guys so you are effectively following them blindly into the abyss.

Haha I don't think I've ever been wound up by you to be fair.

You are a hypocritical fool, who puts his own gain above the football club he claims to support. There is nothing to suggest Wasps are our saviours and they repeatably denied being interested in the club.

You are the equivalent of a Northampton fan claiming that sisu were their saviours.

italiahorse

Haha I don't think I've ever been wound up by you to be fair.

You are a hypocritical fool, who puts his own gain above the football club he claims to support. There is nothing to suggest Wasps are our saviours and they repeatably denied being interested in the club.

You are the equivalent of a Northampton fan claiming that sisu were their saviours.

Their not interested in buying the club but we need to tread water for a few years whilst we increase our profile and other possibilities will become available. During that period Wasps will certainly be in charge at the Ricoh.

Last edited:

skybluetony176

Bullshitting again. Show me a post anywhere where I have said I want Wasps to succeed and I'll donate £50 to a charity of your choice and if you can't you donate £50 to a charity of my choice. Put your money where your big mouth is. I dare you to accept the challenge.

Grendel

Bullshitting again. Show me a post anywhere where I have said I want Wasps to succeed and I'll donate £50 to a charity of your choice and if you can't you donate £50 to a charity of my choice. Put your money where your big mouth is. I dare you to accept the challenge.

If someone on a football forum never posts on football but only on a sub-forum dedicated to discussing the stadium owners and the said poster spent all their time rubbishing anyone who criticised said stadium owners what conclusion would you draw?

Your "bet" is absurd. I could say to you find any evidence I have ever praised SISU as owners and you would return empty handed. In fact the opposite is true and many have started lambasting said owners - far more than you actually. The amusing thing though is I could say to your best friend Italia that I would bet £1 million I could find a post from him where he praised SISU and I think he will go offline. He was the biggest SISU cocksucker on this forum - I guess Wasps car parking changed that.

Do a poll Tony. Poll Do you think I Skybluetony (known as Tony the Troll) do not want Wasps to fail based on my posting history?

Let's see the results

skybluetony176

If someone on a football forum never posts on football but only on a sub-forum dedicated to discussing the stadium owners and the said poster spent all their time rubbishing anyone who criticised said stadium owners what conclusion would you draw?

Your "bet" is absurd. I could say to you find any evidence I have ever praised SISU as owners and you would return empty handed. In fact the opposite is true and many have started lambasting said owners - far more than you actually. The amusing thing though is I could say to your best friend Italia that I would bet £1 million I could find a post from him where he praised SISU and I think he will go offline. He was the biggest SISU cocksucker on this forum - I guess Wasps car parking changed that.

Do a poll Tony. Poll Do you think I Skybluetony (known as Tony the Troll) do not want Wasps to fail based on my posting history?

Let's see the results

Water aid please.

Users who are viewing this thread