Wasps Statement (3 Viewers)

SeaSeeEffCee

I’ll take that for now mate if it means we stand on our own 2 feet in 5 years time what’s the alternative ?
I don't know tbh, it's all a big mess. I just hope fans can be patient if we do end up banished from the city for a while building a new stadium. It's taken a long time and a lot of effort to get the club back moving in a positive direction.

mr_monkey

It's coming...
I have a feeling it’s about to get real messy seems to me we have wasps just where we want them flapping and panicking SISU must have something up their sleeve here
[/QUOTE]

Absolutely, this whole week has been so carefully planned out that there has to be a smoking gun as I don't think they would make the same mistakes again as they did with sixfields and the pr around that

cc84cov

I don't know tbh, it's all a big mess. I just hope fans can be patient if we do end up banished from the city for a while building a new stadium. It's taken a long time and a lot of effort to get the club back moving in a positive direction.
We have no Choice mate give up or get behind them we’ve come this far in certainly not turning back now we need more numbers more people coming over to brum together we can do so much more

shmmeee

I’ll take that for now mate if it means we stand on our own 2 feet in 5 years time what’s the alternative ?

Give up on chasing justice on the Ricoh, swallow your pride, and rent there. Thems the choices.
The club has a ‘partner’ to work with on the project that is outside CCC jurisdiction. For the first time in those 7 years, there’s actually an opportunity to press on with their aspiration of building this new stadium.

I do doubt that without the good will of the CCC, a stadium project would be approved in their jurisdiction.

@WestEndAgro first floated this partnership with UoW about six years ago. Perhaps negotiations have genuinely taken this long.

*the club are planning for a partnership, they don’t have one yet.

Coventry City Football Club and the University of Warwick are delighted to announce that they have commenced planning for a partnership

shepardo01

wasp are losing £10m a year with CCFC possibly playing outside the City for the foreseeable future, these substantial losses just cant carry on and can see the only way out for wasp is to fall into liquidation.
What does liquidation look like in the Rugby World?
Would they have to reform in the 8th division or would they get a free pass to remain in the Premiership??
What would administration do to them??

cc84cov

Give up on chasing justice on the Ricoh, swallow your pride, and rent there. Thems the choices.

*the club are planning for a partnership, they don’t have one yet.
We Don’t want rent mate the stadium was built for us with Coventry tax payers money them slags sold it under value to wasps fuck rent it’s wrong on all levels in fully behind Joy & SISU on this one mate we need to own our own ground it’s that simple.

shmmeee

We Don’t want rent mate the stadium was built for us with Coventry tax payers money them slags sold it under value to wasps fuck rent it’s wrong on all levels in fully behind Joy & SISU on this one mate we need to own our own ground it’s that simple.

You asked what the alternative is. That’s fair enough if that’s your take. Personally don’t agree but what we think matters little TBH.

Ring Of Steel

Problem with this strategy is that stadiums don't get built over night. Even if the stadium plans do come to fruition and all is rosey we're still looking at 4-5 years playing outside of Cov in front of tiny crowds, paying a ton in rent to Blues or whoever else will have us. Might end up meaning we have to settle for being a Champ-League One yo-yo club or worse.

but does that still stand now that Wasps have seemingly closed the door on any further negotiations... if that’s the case then turn all energies into the partnership & building something, cut 5 years to 3 maybe. I couldn’t care less about the fucking roads & congestion at this stage.

Gynnsthetonic

What does liquidation look like in the Rugby World?
Would they have to reform in the 8th division or would they get a free pass to remain in the Premiership??
What would administration do to them??
Become part time and join national league 1, isnt there already a London Wasps though that reformed and play in the regional leagues.

shmmeee

It can't be dropped......

That’s not what’s being asked. It’s not chasing any more, putting aside the state aid complaint. At least that’s what was said last year and were told it’s the same this year. Theproblem with the request according to the club is it’s “restricting basic legal rights” not that it’s impossible.

Nick

Administrator
That’s not what’s being asked. It’s not chasing any more, putting aside the state aid complaint. At least that’s what was said last year and were told it’s the same this year. Theproblem with the request according to the club is it’s “restricting basic legal rights” not that it’s impossible.

And the indemnity..

David O'Day

but does that still stand now that Wasps have seemingly closed the door on any further negotiations... if that’s the case then turn all energies into the partnership & building something, cut 5 years to 3 maybe. I couldn’t care less about the fucking roads & congestion at this stage.

WDC won't giving planning permission for it to be built before the link road and VLR are in place.

David O'Day

Has that been stated as fact somewhere or is it just summation?

It's obvious as they would not allow a stadium to be built without adequate transportation links and the transport links at the WU site are the link road and VLR.

cc84cov

It's obvious as they would not allow a stadium to be built without adequate transportation links and the transport links at the WU site are the link road and VLR.
Would it already have been sorted hence the joint statement that they made ?

Peter Billing

Again, it is very relevant that Wasps were involved with Hoffman and the council have previous.

Yes thought this ever since Wasps went after the academy site. That was backed by the Council as well. They know we make fuck all from the stadium and the academy was our lifeline at the time. All about pressure. Bet they never banked on locking us out and us winning the league.

Paxman II

This an interesting statement. I said on the other thread about the timing of the Warwick Uni deal and how that would upset WASP. Sems that is the case. WASP are not in great health and financial difficulty coming down the track. It's why I could only see it being sensible for a deal to be concluded. But SISU have once again pulled the rug from under negotiations now they have a genuine plan in place with Warwick Uni. It won't involve CCC other than already approved road links, so in theory if they now see staying away will weaken WASP, and with EFL backing for St.Andrews SISU give themselves a fairly strong position if they can sell it to the fans. The EU result may result in nothing, but potentially be catastrophic for CCC and ultimately WASP. SISU would not have pulled the plug had the Warwick deal not been in place. This is why WASP mention it. It does sound like SISU have siezed the moment and initiative. I just hope they are right in their assement this time. Yes raising capital to build a stdium can be done but I'm sensing the vultures are circling around the Ricoh and still SISU's first choice end game.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Really gutted about this. We’ve always took SISU at their word on this indemnity.

there’s no reason to use semantics on it this time. its the first time Wasps acknowledged it. Dress it up as legals or complaint -it’s the same fucking thing.

stop this stupid NDA shit and get around the table. One fucker is lying, and we need to know who it is. SISU have had 13 years head start on that one!

kg82

Bullshit. Wasps PR going into overdrive, probably helped by the council. Negative outcome last time, trying to drive up public support this time to help with a dying business.

tisza

Possibly a naive question, but by saying no indemnity was required, have Wasps broken the NDA?
The fact there are NDAs means there's things that potentially embarrassing or worse out there. The fact we refer to them frequently suggests it's not so much on the football club's side.

clint van damme

I saw a tweet last night which in the mayhem I never book marked and I can't find it now but it was suggesting that some of the hierarchy at Warwick uni have had their own major fall out with the council, anyone heard anything?

Users who are viewing this thread