Wasps signs have actually gone!! (1 Viewer)

slowpoke

Think we can forget Wasps they are a sad part of our recent history but now gone, we should just look forward into hopefully a new era.

SHUNT31

Think we can forget Wasps they are a sad part of our recent history but now gone, we should just look forward into hopefully a new era.

Agreed.

Strangely feel a sense of relief it is over. Been praying for them to go since the day they arrived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kneeza

Don’t Birmingham and Solihull RFC play in that area or have they disappeared? I wonder what Moseley fans will think?
Moseley fans are as pissed as Cov fans.
Birmingham Solihull played at Sharman's Cross, Solihull, a grotty little shed of a ground, before becoming Pertemps Bees and moving to Damson. They've gone bust twice now (the current club is the third iteration) and were dumped out of the leagues the second time.
They re-entered after a year out playing friendlies and are now playing at Portway, south of Brum.

itsabuzzard

Still too bloody close for comfort though. Would much rather they moved to the Isle of Dogs or the Outer Hebrides.
They've already gone to the dogs and they certainly won't be welcome in the Outer Hebrides.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

duffer

3 years in Solihull then home to London?
That's exactly what I was thinking.

I suspect the clueless bastards at the RFU are making Wasps stick to the "local area" clause in their rehabilitation from administration guidelines, ignoring the fact that they let exactly the same outfit move 100 miles North of their actual home just a few years previously.

It's utter bollocks, and after the initial excitement winds down they'll be back to making up attendance figures whilst desperately looking to move down south.

Anyone from Cov who still supports them is giving money to a club that fucked over a lot of local businesses, CCFC, and us as taxpayers.

Terry_dactyl

I suspect the clueless bastards at the RFU are making Wasps stick to the "local area" clause in their rehabilitation from administration guidelines, ignoring the fact that they let exactly the same outfit move 100 miles North of their actual home just a few years previously.

It's utter bollocks, and after the initial excitement winds down they'll be back to making up attendance figures whilst desperately looking to move down south.

Anyone from Cov who still supports them is giving money to a club that fucked over a lot of local businesses, CCFC, and us as taxpayers.
Be interesting to see if they can muster any excitement from the locals there. Not a million miles from us, so people will likely be au fait with their shenanigans.
Also, and perhaps more importantly, they’re a 2nd division team now.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

They'll be loads of free tickets at the beginning and it'll probably be fairly easy to fill that 5000. They'll then be showing off and wanting to expand, which is where I get worried.

chiefdave

You'd think it must be the RFU, it makes no sense otherwise. Why would anyone want to keep them in the area when it's been a total disaster.

Unless they think it was something specific to Coventry and they'll be welcomed in Birmingham, get promotion at the first time of asking and move into the Alexandra stadium. Sure Birmingham has a bigger population than Coventry so makes sense from that perspective but would there be the interest in Birmingham?

But from an RFU perspective why would you enforce a rule that gives them less chance of being a success. We know from experience how flexible governing bodies can be with these rules when it suits and if the RFU are that concerned about location why did they let them move halfway across the country in the middle of a season in the first place.

chiefdave

wonder if all the rugby shit inside the ground has gone too? Concourse in the west stand is full of photos of the ugly piss drinking toffs.
Did they even own that stuff? Sure I saw a post from a Wasps fan about how to contact the administrator to get memorabilia back that had been loaned to the club.

torchomatic

Still too bloody close for comfort though. Would much rather they moved to the Isle of Dogs or the Outer Hebrides.

That close? Secret fan, I reckon.

clint van damme

Did they even own that stuff? Sure I saw a post from a Wasps fan about how to contact the administrator to get memorabilia back that had been loaned to the club.

I lent them a fleece with a pocket full of my mates puke, still not been returned

olderskyblue

Funniest thing iv seen is someone claiming wasps have a core coventry fan base of around 6k...
I’ve got a mate in Cov who reckoned over 50% of their season tickets were from CV post code. No idea if true or not.

Legia Sky Blue

Wonder what the Telegraph & CWR stand will be on their coverage of them! Maybe a question for Clive later - he has always seemed to get defensively shouty when CWR's Wasps coverage has been brought up previously so could provide a bit of entertainment :)

Users who are viewing this thread