Wasps reject proposal to withdraw application (7 Viewers)

Chipfat

Why is anyone shocked or blaming Wasps for sticking to the plan, i called it last night. Wasps have a clear agenda and direction, along with the CCC for the future of both parties they are making it so hard for Sisu to carry on, dropping appeals/Court Cases is the only option, other than leaving the club Sisu have. And that is something everyone can agree on even if you hate the thought that is the only card left to play for Sisu.

I could not give a shit about he said, she said, all parties are playing a game and again i want to talk line from both parties is nonsense, they are professional people who are advised by the best lawyers available to them. So why is they a hurdle a stalemate, its not because they won't to or can't, the main reason is Sisu have not yet admitted they have no other options and Wasps will benefit while Sisu have this train of thought and mindset. Nobody can say Wasp didn't ask, no one can say Sisu are wrong for wanting it in writing, but again it comes back to facts Wasps don't need talks to carry on with all that they have planned, Sisu do need talks to carry on running the club, that is a difference in a statement.

Make your mind up time CA , TF and JS drop court, get round a table and show them your proposal, or Build a new Stadium outside the city and fans will make a decision on if they will come. Its very hard for Sisu to have any movement now, they are in a game with someone who doesn't need them, doesn't want them and will make it very hard for them to survive. In my opinion something bigger is going on behind the smoke and mirrors, someone is being lined up for a possible takeover of the club and these tit for tat exchanges are just skirmishes awaiting the final battle. Sisu know by dropping the court case they have lost any control they have, they also know it leaves them very much open to a hostile takeover, which in reality is being plated out now.

Last edited:

italiahorse

I am pretty sure if Wasps put out a fantastic offer, it would be hard not to accept wouldn't it? Get the actual details out, somebody can then check with the FA to see if acceptable or not. We all know it's pointless throwing offers about if they won't be accepted...

Or just meet the Wasps guy who will run his proposal through and CA can say why it won't work and it maybe can be adjusted.
Otherwise Wasps put a plan out and CCFC turn it down and say it won't work and we start again.
It's how businesses work, you have meetings with all parties before you release the plan.
You guys do know that its not all Facebook and Twitter and that people can actually see each other sometimes when they communicate?

torchomatic

I give up. It's stupid pedantics like this that will finish the club.

No, it will be lilly-livered idiots who put the council and a franchise before the team they apparently support because they don't like the owners.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I just can't see it though Steve, its not just access to the kicking barn, its wasps taking exclusive use of 2 of the 4 remaining pitches, and exclusive use for half the time on a 3rd.

Like I keep saying, if you (and I'm sure you have) ever been down on a Saturday morning and the academy and development sides are playing at home, plus thr SBiTC Saturday clubs are taking place, pretty much every pitch including the indoor is being used at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Do all the Academy pitches have to be at the same site? I haven't seen anything in the EPPP rules I saw that says they have to be. On a Saturday morning there are two at Ryton going free aren't there?

chiefdave

I give up. It's stupid pedantics like this that will finish the club.
No its people who roll over and let Wasps do whatever they like that will finish the club.

Its very simple, Wasps and CSF know what they will or will not offer the club. The club don't know. Simply put that in writing and we all know where we stand.

What's the point of having meetings and talks to then find out actually we can't stay. They've been having talks for months about staying and then had the rug pulled out from under them. Same at the Ricoh, been having talks and now Wasps have put a stop to them.

Put it in writing and you remove any doubt or any issues down the line with 'we were told this'.

ashbyjan

If there's room at Higgs for both why would we need to use Ryton or Warwick Uni?

Agree with this. Lets get full details from Wasps and CSF of exactly what they can and will offer so that we know where we stand. Maybe, if Wasps and CSF want someone to chat to, they could meet with the Trust, the Trust could then publish the details of any meeting and what is being offered.

Building wise there is enough room at present ie use Wasps indoor facility instead of the Higgs one but there is the issue of outdoor pitches which is where I suggested using them a alternative locations. But as I say it is not a case of fighting CSF or Wasps because with some compromise by all parties there should be nothing to fight over and we would have an academy now and for the future. Even if somehow we stop the Wasps building their facility it doesn't stop CSF building their pool and we would then still be without an academy or are we saying we will fight Wasp planning application on the grounds that they are bastards, fight the CSF application on the grounds that they are bastards and then force CSFto give us an extended lease to stay there because we are CCFC and we are not bastards? Not convinced that will work myself but best of luck with it. Personally I think if all parties acted like grown ups they could find a workable solution, as long as the club actually wants a workable solution. Maybe the previous idea someone had about it being another cost cutting exercise dressed up as the club being bullied again is nearer the mark than we would like to think.

stupot07

Lets hope Sisu have more brains than you in respect of fighting.
They need to talk, they will have to compromise. But at the end of the day we should still have an academy and a stadium to play in.
Don't you realise they have got us by the balls and and they need to be more proactive.
If I was CA I would be knocking on Wasps door and asking how they can help us.
The offer is there, evidently.

Oh yes, stop being a victim and blaming fellow fans.

They can't compromise, its down to the FA about whether it is acceptable or not. Wasps need to list what they can offer. If that doesn't meet cat 2 requirements there is nothing to discuss.

italiahorse

I can only think of one reason they don't want to put any offer in writing and that's the offer not allowing the level of facilities required to continue the academy.

Of course it won't be fully acceptable and CA needs to explain why and see if any changes can be made.
Perhaps he could do that before the plan is released ? ............ perhaps at a meeting requested by Wasps ?

torchomatic

Put it in writing and you remove any doubt or any issues down the line with 'we were told this'.

And none of the Tim Fisher handshake nonsense we had last time.

Nick

Administrator
Building wise there is enough room at present ie use Wasps indoor facility instead of the Higgs one but there is the issue of outdoor pitches which is where I suggested using them a alternative locations. But as I say it is not a case of fighting CSF or Wasps because with some compromise by all parties there should be nothing to fight over and we would have an academy now and for the future. Even if somehow we stop the Wasps building their facility it doesn't stop CSF building their pool and we would then still be without an academy or are we saying we will fight Wasp planning application on the grounds that they are bastards, fight the CSF application on the grounds that they are bastards and then force CSFto give us an extended lease to stay there because we are CCFC and we are not bastards? Not convinced that will work myself but best of luck with it. Personally I think if all parties acted like grown ups they could find a workable solution, as long as the club actually wants a workable solution. Maybe the previous idea someone had about it being another cost cutting exercise dressed up as the club being bullied again is nearer the mark than we would like to think.

So if we can't fight Wasps / CSF / CCC then what was the point in standing outside of SISU offices, flyering people outside court rooms etc to tell them how bad SISU were?

People weren't worried about upsetting SISU, why can't Wasps or CSF be upset?

torchomatic

So if we can't fight Wasps / CSF / CCC then what was the point in standing outside of SISU offices, flyering people outside court rooms etc to tell them how bad SISU were?

Gets you on the tele and in the papers.

torchomatic

It's a pitch, build or use another one. It's not the channel bloody tunnel !!

Good idea. I'm sure our local council will be more than happy to help its professional football club.

SkyBlueZack

The trust need to man up. This is our club and our city. Let's fight for it, rather than rolling over like when Wasps rolled into town. Oh and CCFC aren't bastards, SISU and the other parties are. Gives an insight into what you think of the club? Or is that you are unable to distinguish between club and SISU?

torchomatic

I don't know but I certainly know it won't happen if you don't ask !!

Or like the Butts when they try and block it before we even have asked.

Nick

Administrator
The trust need to man up. This is our club and our city. Let's fight for it, rather than rolling over like when Wasps rolled into town. Oh and CCFC aren't bastards, SISU and the other parties are. Gives an insight into what you think of the club? Or is that you are unable to distinguish between club and SISU?

I am not sure it is to do with weakness, there is something more. I reckon LAST, BHSB and Steve would rock up and blow whistles at anybody given the chance which in fairness is the type of stuff we need now!

stupot07

I can only think of one reason they don't want to put any offer in writing and that's the offer not allowing the level of facilities required to continue the academy.
Yeah, I suspect its a delaying tactic, whilst the planning goes through. Look like they are trying to be helpful.

ashbyjan

Can you actually read? I believe I said "because we aren't bastards" Still never let the facts get in the way of a good but pointless rant

Astute

The offer is to talk if I read it correctly.
Wasps think they can carry on with their plans and still believe that CCFC can maintain the academy.
Perhaps Wasps need to fully understand the academy requirements and need CA to enlighten.
The real killer is the swimming pool which is not a Wasps plan.
But if talks happened would Wasps say that because of background noise they want to wait until all legal action has stopped?

I am starting to think that this is why they stopped talking over the long term future at the Ricoh. It can't be brought up at the same time as the Ricoh talks and they are not interested in sharing what was ours.

SkyBlueZack

Can you actually read? I believe I said "because we aren't bastards" Still never let the facts get in the way of a good but pointless rant
Oh yeah, because that's what you meant in the context of what you said. You said everyone else is a bastard but we CCFC are not, I know what you meant and so do you.

stupot07

Do all the Academy pitches have to be at the same site? I haven't seen anything in the EPPP rules I saw that says they have to be. On a Saturday morning there are two at Ryton going free aren't there?
A fair point, but ideally you want everyone in the same place at the same time.

It still stands to reason that there is more than just access to the indoor pitch. You need classrooms, etc and other facilities including football pitches.

Nick

Administrator
So you think we are bastards - shame on you Nick ;)

“It was dire, particularly when compared with the Wasps match which really was a fantastic sporting occasion,” said Jan Mokrzycki

Jan Mokrzycki, from the Sky Blue Trust, said: “Overall it was a very constructive and positive meeting. The general tone was that ACL want CCFC to be part of the future of the Ricoh and that it is their home.

“He stated this stadium was now the permanent home of the Wasps but they also want it to be the permanent home of the Sky Blues and would not do things to change that but there may well be the need for some compromise and pragmatism.

Never really know to be honest, mixed signals and all that.

Something needs to done, doesn't it?

kmj5000

No its people who roll over and let Wasps do whatever they like that will finish the club.

Its very simple, Wasps and CSF know what they will or will not offer the club. The club don't know. Simply put that in writing and we all know where we stand.

What's the point of having meetings and talks to then find out actually we can't stay. They've been having talks for months about staying and then had the rug pulled out from under them. Same at the Ricoh, been having talks and now Wasps have put a stop to them.

The point of having a meeting surely is to find out exactly what the acedemy requirements are and whether a work-around can be found to satisfy them. Makes absolute sense.

stupot07

I would wasps and CSF want to compromise on accessing what will be their facilities? Do you think wasps will move their training times to enable the academy to access the facilities? Or will the compromise be purely on ccfc's part? Again, this is down to the FAs decision of whether it will meet the audit requirements for a cat 2 status or not.

Get wasps and CSF to put in writing what they can offer and put it in the public domain.

I can't believe the trust are being spineless on this.

torchomatic

They can only block it using planning guidelines.
If Sisu ever put a plan in we could test the theory,

But SISU hadn't even put in a plan. Yet, the council got wind and tried to block use of the BPA by a professional football team.

chiefdave

Of course it won't be fully acceptable and CA needs to explain why and see if any changes can be made.
Perhaps he could do that before the plan is released ? ............ perhaps at a meeting requested by Wasps ?
So you want Anderson to have a meeting with Wasps about what changes need to be made to a plan he's not allowed to see? Genius.
Nobody is saying they have to make public a definitive finalised take it or leave it plan. They are saying they should let the club know what they are offering. If they won't give that to the club the trust and the CT should be asking why not.

covcity4life

ha so basically you are blaming sisu already

the trust is a farce, right up councils ass

Users who are viewing this thread