Wasps on the up? I hope not! (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Yes...reports. i am talking about MY experience today, & previously at pro-level football & rugby. Internationals, league matches & even friendlies

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
You didn't experience our community Day though!

As for asking a child if they are scared, you don't need to. It's pretty easy to tell

Nick

Administrator
Lol...funny but we are in danger of straying from the main point about the big bad Wasps invading 'our' space & the distaste sime here have for anyone that dares to set foot in the Ricoh for a Wasps' game.

The audiences they attract are not the same. The sports have a different level of appreciation/acceptance/popularity. They can co-exist.

Ideally Wasps would rent their stadium from CCFC. We would all applaud that as it is extra income. Our owners messed it up imo so in fact it is the other way around.
Wasps owners wanted it more than ours did in the end. They stand or fall based on what they have taken on.

Strange, your point seems to be based on football matches being brawls but didn't see our community Day or the kids on the pitch / local football clubs etc.

That's not specific to wasps or ccfc

Last edited:

SkyblueBazza

Again-anecdotal evidence is meaningless. Even the empirical measure of arrests made at fixtures needs to be put in context of police presence to detect the 'offences' in the first place, the influence of it on fan behaviour etc etc

You're quite free to go...but it's then a bit odd to write about it in glowing terms on a Cov forum when Wasps have made it impossible for the football club to ever get a stake in the ground that was built for them. Not to mention they have done so by shifting a team a long way from its home and shitting on its traditional fanbase in the process. What did you expect in response?

So what did you mean other than to say parents feel uneasy at the sight of a few dozen men singing songs?
Struth...I didn't starr the thread.

I have read it as a CCFC fan, formed a bit of an opinion from it, gone to a game & seen nothing to justify much of what has been said.

Wasps have simply taken advantage of the now obviously stupid actions of our owners. People blaming Wasps or the council for everything might have a calmer life if they just stopped with the bitterness.

The comparisons made in terms of expectation...the car parks saying 'No away fans', & the reason given - plus the Police not feeling the need to make their presence known speaks volumes in terms of environment people are entering into with or without kids!

A few dozen drunken men shouting abuse at other drunken, or not, supporters is not the same as singing a few songs either is it?

SkyblueBazza

You didn't experience our community Day though!

As for asking a child if they are scared, you don't need to. It's pretty easy to tell
Again - I was making observations based on my visit.

You & I may be able to tell, & would ask. Some parents don't much care...THEY want to go to the game, their kids go too. Have read on here a few times about & seen with my own eyes, poor behaviour of people WITH kids in tow at football. I have never seen such things at Rugby.

Nick

Administrator
Struth...I didn't starr the thread.

I have read it as a CCFC fan, formed a bit of an opinion from it, gone to a game & seen nothing to justify much of what has been said.

Wasps have simply taken advantage of the now obviously stupid actions of our owners. People blaming Wasps or the council for everything might have a calmer life if they just stopped with the bitterness.

The comparisons made in terms of expectation...the car parks saying 'No away fans', & the reason given - plus the Police not feeling the need to make their presence known speaks volumes in terms of environment people are entering into with or without kids!

A few dozen drunken men shouting abuse at other drunken, or not, supporters is not the same as singing a few songs either is it?

Again, your points are all revolving back to bad behaviour. I don't think people have been saying on here the wasps fans all kick off have they?

Away and home signs in car parks aren't a new thing, surely you have seen them when you park at the ricoh?

All of your focus is on the whole football or rugby thing, surely you would have seen this at bath and ccfc games?

stupot07

You & I may be able to tell, & would ask. Some parents don't much care...THEY want to go to the game, their kids go too. Have read on here a few times about & seen with my own eyes, poor behaviour of people WITH kids in tow at football. I have never seen such things at Rugby.

Tbf your experience is based on one annual 'flagship' event. Most of this season they have only been getting 12-14k.

I wonder how much you'd have enjoyed the the wasps-bristol match which had 3-400 less fans than Our match against Peterborough the night before.

I've been taking my 8 year old to the city since he was 4 and he's never felt intimidated.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Grendel

But a lot of potential fans avoid the environment where they feel their family unit will be even witnessing said naugty-corner nut cases

You are failing to address the issue though that attendances are declining sharply YOY which shows the strategy isn’t working....

SkyblueBazza

Again, your points are all revolving back to bad behaviour. I don't think people have been saying on here the wasps fans all kick off have they?

Away and home signs in car parks aren't a new thing, surely you have seen them when you park at the ricoh?

All of your focus is on the whole football or rugby thing, surely you would have seen this at bath and ccfc games?

1. They designate car parks for separate fans for a reason as so eloquently put by the attendant in the one I used
2. There are also signs up prohibiting alcohol from the actual seating area for football...but it is allowed for Rugby
3. I was picked up on eluding to intimidating, aggressive, violent behaviour at football...I am not revolving around it - people such as ypurself keep coming back to it so I can either say nothing else or offer the same reasoning over & over, or ypu can stop referring back to it like you do actually accept & understand the point - but want it to go away

SkyblueBazza

Tbf your experience is based on one annual 'flagship' event. Most of this season they have only been getting 12-14k.

I wonder how much you'd have enjoyed the the wasps-bristol match which had 3-400 less fans than Our match against Peterborough the night before.

I've been taking my 8 year old to the city since he was 4 and he's never felt intimidated.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I am pleased...nobody should be intimidated. In reality I think many are but still go in the hope there will not be any issues

SkyblueBazza

You are failing to address the issue though that attendances are declining sharply YOY which shows the strategy isn’t working....
I don't need to address it...Wasps do. I couldn't care less if they only get 100 watching them

Nick

Administrator
1. They designate car parks for separate fans for a reason as so eloquently put by the attendant in the one I used
2. There are also signs up prohibiting alcohol from the actual seating area for football...but it is allowed for Rugby
3. I was picked up on eluding to intimidating, aggressive, violent behaviour at football...I am not revolving around it - people such as ypurself keep coming back to it so I can either say nothing else or offer the same reasoning over & over, or ypu can stop referring back to it like you do actually accept & understand the point - but want it to go away

Surely you would have known all this?

I'm just confused why you think it is specific to just Wasps and CCFC. Surely you would have seen that at Bath and CCFC?

I fully understand the point, I am just not sure why:

1. This is something new, as you are a rugby fan you would have thought you would know you can drink watching the game but you cant at football from going to watch Bath and CCFC?
2. Surely you have seen the signs when going to the Ricoh to watch CCFC and knew full well you can't drink watching any football match in the FL in the UK?

You have come out with a few points, people have countered them but you keep going on about the football v rugby thing as if you have just been to your first rugby match and your last football match was Millwall Away in the 80s.

Yes, there are some massive pricks who go to football and kick off and can't handle their beer. Why is that relevant to the points being made to you?

Grendel

I don't need to address it...Wasps do. I couldn't care less if they only get 100 watching them

But you have spent a lot of time saying the events they put on and promotions are a good idea when they clearly are not working

SkyblueBazza

He did address it, he said that football fans swear and are violent.
Where exactly did I say exactly that then?

For a start I am a football fan, I do swear but not shout & tag on abuse at other fans, I don't get pissed at games &/or get violent

pastythegreat

You ask him on a regular basis do ypu?

Have you taken or allowed him to go to watch Wasps? Or any other pro-Rugby team? Then Sk which he prefers? Maybe worth experimenting.

Don't get wrong here, I am a bigger City fan than Bath fan, bit the experience is different & more enjoyable overall at rugby than football. I grew up with football & nailed my flag to the City mast. Have to say I have NEVER seen rugby fans chucking beer about in the bar..alnost lost count of the times I've seen it at football. Different experience

No I just ignore him and leave him in the corner of whatever pre match pub we end up in.
Of course I ask him. Numerous times through the day if he's alright/enjoying himself.

And in terms of going to see w***s, against my better judgement, in w***s 1st season my Father in Law had free tickets and asked him if he wanted to go, I initially said f-off to him but after a bit of thought gave my lad the choice. He went and has never spoken about it since nor has he ever asked to go again.
I just interrupted the Shawn the Sheep movie to ask if he'd go again and I got a blunt NAH!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Where exactly did I say exactly that then?

For a start I am a football fan, I do swear but not shout & tag on abuse at other fans, I don't get pissed at games &/or get violent

It was being sarcastic...

The huge majority of football fans don't get violent at games, pretty sure drinking isn't really relevant unless you have an issue with people drinking too?

SkyblueBazza

Surely you would have known all this?

I'm just confused why you think it is specific to just Wasps and CCFC. Surely you would have seen that at Bath and CCFC?

I fully understand the point, I am just not sure why:

1. This is something new, as you are a rugby fan you would have thought you would know you can drink watching the game but you cant at football from going to watch Bath and CCFC?
2. Surely you have seen the signs when going to the Ricoh to watch CCFC and knew full well you can't drink watching any football match in the FL in the UK?

You have come out with a few points, people have countered them but you keep going on about the football v rugby thing as if you have just been to your first rugby match and your last football match was Millwall Away in the 80s.

Yes, there are some massive pricks who go to football and kick off and can't handle their beer. Why is that relevant to the points being made to you?
Cant reply properly as the screen keeps blanking...see below

SkyblueBazza

No Nick it is nothing new to me. I have never watched a game at Milwall. It is not my first Rugby match. The differences between football & rugby are very evident.

Nick

Administrator
No Nick it is nothing new to me. I have never watched a game at Milwall. It is not my first Rugby match. The differences between football & rugby are very evident.

Yes, which we know. What I don't get is why it is relevant to the discussion or the points being made to you?

We know full well you cant drink at the football, we know full well that there is a different stand for home and away fans. It isn't specific to just Wasps or CCFC.

You are telling us there are signs that you can't take your pint to the seat and sounding surprised by it. You are saying certain things are great about Wasps (like the local youth rugby clubs) which I have also pointed out that CCFC do regularly too. Have you not noticed them at our games?

How many kids at our community day were injured by hooligans?

SkyblueBazza

It was being sarcastic...

The huge majority of football fans don't get violent at games, pretty sure drinking isn't really relevant unless you have an issue with people drinking too?
No - I had 3 beers myself. And a good time too, in a much more chilled out atmosphere than with CCFC despite some people sinking probably double that amount.

And drop the sarcasm...you aren't especially good at it

Nick

Administrator
No - I had 3 beers myself. And a good time too, in a much more chilled out atmosphere than with CCFC despite some people sinking probably double that amount.

It was chilled out against for our community day. No children were attacked and the kids had a great time.

Make up your mind, if a football fan drinks they are a hooligan, violent and a drunk?

SkyblueBazza

Yes, which we know. What I don't get is why it is relevant to the discussion or the points being made to you?

We know full well you cant drink at the football, we know full well that there is a different stand for home and away fans. It isn't specific to just Wasps or CCFC.

You are telling us there are signs that you can't take your pint to the seat and sounding surprised by it. You are saying certain things are great about Wasps (like the local youth rugby clubs) which I have also pointed out that CCFC do regularly too. Have you not noticed them at our games?

How many kids at our community day were injured by hooligans?

See...revolving...it is you that is doing it.

I have said I don't know because I didn't go & I didn't read up on it. But ypu are saying there were hooligans there are you?

SkyblueBazza

It was chilled out against for our community day. No children were attacked and the kids had a great time.

Make up your mind, if a football fan drinks they are a hooligan, violent and a drunk?
Yawn...I feel like I am repeating myself.

For a start, I am a football fan, I drink...etc

Nick

Administrator
See...revolving...it is you that is doing it.

I have said I don't know because I didn't go & I didn't read up on it. But ypu are saying there were hooligans there are you?

It is revolving because it seems that your only point is "football fans = violent, drunk hooligans" and everybody is too scared to take their kids.

You didn't go and didn't know about it but you are making assumptions about it? You seemed surprised by "Away Fans" only signs in the car park and signs saying that football fans cant drink outside too?

It's a bit random.

Nick

Administrator
Yawn...I feel like I am repeating myself.

For a start, I am a football fan, I drink...etc

It's just a bit strange, that's all. Your whole argument is based on people being too scared to take their kids to football.

Genuine Question, which was the last CCFC game at the Ricoh you went to where you thought it was scary?

SkyblueBazza

No I just ignore him and leave him in the corner of whatever pre match pub we end up in.
Of course I ask him. Numerous times through the day if he's alright/enjoying himself.

And in terms of going to see w***s, against my better judgement, in w***s 1st season my Father in Law had free tickets and asked him if he wanted to go, I initially said f-off to him but after a bit of thought gave my lad the choice. He went and has never spoken about it since nor has he ever asked to go again.
I just interrupted the Shawn the Sheep movie to ask if he'd go again and I got a blunt NAH!

I don't know what you want or expect me to say?

GaryJones

SkyblueBazza, can I ask why you go and watch Wasps and not Coventry Rugby Club?
I think you might feel more of an affinity with a club that was formed & born in Coventry rather than interlopers from the South.
I understand as a one-off you might want to watch the odd Premier Rugby game but please don't make a habit of it and buy a season ticket like Sizzler!
Anyone who likes Football & Rugby should try watching BOTH Coventry teams surely (Not Wasps)?
Tell you what, PM me - I will meet you and pay for you to come and watch Cov at The Butts if you like as long as it doesn't clash with a City home game?
I cant bring myself to validate the Wasps move to the Ricoh by putting my hard earned cash into their coffers.
Kind regards
Gary

pastythegreat

What do you call poor behaviour though? because it seems from reading you posts singing a few songs in a pub is poor behaviour in your eyes.
But ppl sitting at a w***s match getting absolutely tanked up with kids is fine as long as they don't join in the Mexican wave?!?!

SkyblueBazza

It's just a bit strange, that's all. Your whole argument is based on people being too scared to take their kids to football.

Genuine Question, which was the last CCFC game at the Ricoh you went to where you thought it was scary?
I didn't say I got scary did I?

To me today's is actually a more peaceful environment than it was when I started watching football. It didn't bother me that much at the time to be honest.

Nick

Administrator
I don't know what you want or expect me to say?

To be fair, you are the one throwing out about people taking their kids to the football as if you were expecting different replies. Then when he said he takes his kid you asked him if he asks his son on a regular basis if he is scared or not.

You sounded nearly as shocked that somebody takes their kid to football as you did that there are signs for away fans parking at the Ricoh and signs to not take pints outside.

SkyblueBazza

SkyblueBazza, can I ask why you go and watch Wasps and not Coventry Rugby Club?
I think you might feel more of an affinity with a club that was formed & born in Coventry rather than interlopers from the South.
I understand as a one-off you might want to watch the odd Premier Rugby game but please don't make a habit of it and buy a season ticket like Sizzler!
Anyone who likes Football & Rugby should try watching BOTH Coventry teams surely (Not Wasps)?
Tell you what, PM me - I will meet you and pay for you to come and watch Cov at The Butts if you like as long as it doesn't clash with a City home game?
I cant bring myself to validate the Wasps move to the Ricoh by putting my hard earned cash into their coffers.
Kind regards
Gary

All very well but I live down south, I don't go & watch Wasps...I support Bath

Nick

Administrator
I didn't say I got scary did I?

To me today's is actually a more peaceful environment than it was when I started watching football. It didn't bother me that much at the time to be honest.

Which was the last one you thought "If I had my kid here they would be intimidated / scared?".

SkyblueBazza

To be fair, you are the one throwing out about people taking their kids to the football as if you were expecting different replies. Then when he said he takes his kid you asked him if he asks his son on a regular basis if he is scared or not.

You sounded nearly as shocked that somebody takes their kid to football as you did that there are signs for away fans parking at the Ricoh and signs to not take pints outside.
Lol...have a nice Xmas

Users who are viewing this thread