Wasps losses and ricoh return catalyst (2 Viewers)

Grendel

Has OSB passed comment on their accounts and the contrasting opinions as to whether they are going to go bust or not?

like us they are bankrupt as a company and rely on their owner funding the company

Grendel

This is where it’s been hazy as to the security instrument on the initial bond issue. It seemed to be suggested that the long leasehold of the Ricoh was security for bond holders but there is also talk that in the event of insolvency the lease defaults back to CCC.

If you’re talking about after the maturity of the current bond scheme then they could do that but they won’t.

In the case of insolvency yes the lease does de wet back and the 250 year lease defaults

Mcbean

They'd be mad to take on Wasps' debt in order to get the Ricoh. We'd end up paying £35m for something that would only fetch £10m at very most on the open market.
I think if we could end up in the Prem that we could make money with decent crowds and income - our company was in a buy sell relationship for supply of a product - it worked fine but we had no control over the investment- then we moved to 50% - which was still stifling - only when they bought the lot did the flood gates open for investment !

Grendel

Not doubting that this is the case, but do you have any evidence?

Dean1961

I think we all know what Italia would be saying to defend his love of wasps and hatred of Sisu that was easier than i thought...lol

ccfcchris

There has never been a season where it is more important not to get relegated. We are at the crossroads of building great things and must for now play at the Ricoh.

pusbccfc

That guy is literally a moron. I don't know how he gets any work.

The difference is mainly down to the CVC money that they received last year for selling shares in the league.

Keiran Maguire?

Why is he? His book is brilliant as is his podcast. He's not going to be expert on every single club in the UK, but knows a lot about most of them. That's why clubs and potential owners approach him for estimating their value.

Liquid Gold

Keiran Maguire?

Why is he? His book is brilliant as is his podcast. He's not going to be expert on every single club in the UK, but knows a lot about most of them. That's why clubs and potential owners approach him for estimating their value.
Everything he's ever said about us has been easily disprovable but he just puts his head down and goes for it. Like this again today, their accounts have barely changed but he's seen profit to loss and just tweeted it. His books and podcasts are popular because they break the complex down into simple (often bullshit) narratives. I very much doubt anybody uses him to estimate club values, I wouldn't use him to submit my taxes.

pusbccfc

Everything he's ever said about us has been easily disprovable but he just puts his head down and goes for it. Like this again today, their accounts have barely changed but he's seen profit to loss and just tweeted it. His books and podcasts are popular because they break the complex down into simple (often bullshit) narratives. I very much doubt anybody uses him to estimate club values, I wouldn't use him to submit my taxes.

Yeah, I agree his views on Cov have generally been weak and dated in recent years. That's why he had Juggy on to break down the change in attitudes from Cov fans.

The bloke does teach football finances at a top Uni, he must know his stuff.

Grendel

Keiran Maguire?

His financial analysis generally is clueless

Grendel

Yeah, I agree his views on Cov have generally been weak and dated in recent years. That's why he had Juggy on to break down the change in attitudes from Cov fans.

The bloke does teach football finances at a top Uni, he must know his stuff.

Yeah

Ccfc are £100 million in debt when they were £20 million

Nick

Administrator
Keiran Maguire?

Owners approach him? Really?

He has been wrong multiple times about ccfc stuff so god knows about other clubs.

Grendel

Owners approach him? Really?

He has been wrong multiple times about ccfc stuff so god knows about other clubs.

When still at the Ricoh he highlighted the cost of being at St Andrews by quoting the rent and the Ricoh

SBAndy

When still at the Ricoh he highlighted the cost of being at St Andrews by quoting the rent and the Ricoh

What about when he said for every £1 of income we earned, something ridiculous like 80p was going straight to the owners. No basis for it whatsoever.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah, fair enough but that doesn't mean he's wrong about every other club. His job is to study every financial report of every football club.
It's hard to say as we don't follow each other club to know.

If he teaches it at uni then it is bad times when somebody with a couple of gcses has to correct him.

pusbccfc

It's hard to say as we don't follow each other club to know.

If he teaches it at uni then it is bad times when somebody with a couple of gcses has to correct him.

But as Cov fans, you would know far more than someone who has a general view of football.

Grendel

But as Cov fans, you would know far more than someone who has a general view of football.

He is lazy and makes headlines without looking at any facts.

shmmeee

Keiran Maguire?

He doesn’t like our owners so the Sisu Defence Force must assemble whenever he is mentioned. That’s about it.

Nick

Administrator

So he "has a general view of football" but must know everything because he teaches football finance at uni?

In which case, if he gets out stuff wrong then who is to say he isn't getting it wrong for other clubs because he only has a "general view"?

Grendel

He doesn’t like our owners so the Sisu Defence Force must assemble whenever he is mentioned. That’s about it.

Doesn’t he? Well he’s the one who claimed the owners have ploughed in £64m to the football club - when they haven’t even put in a third of that.

Users who are viewing this thread