Wasps losses and ricoh return catalyst (2 Viewers)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Entitled to your opinion of course. I just dont agree.

These are not "normal" football club owners. There is some tough hard fiscal budgeting going on with little leeway. They don't do anything on a whim or for ego...it is hard cold finance

Since 2015 sisu have made loans to otium of 1.53m they have extracted in hard cash 620k capital and 1.52m interest.

Subject to the 2020 accounts they have extracted more cash than has been put in by 600k during that time . And in that time the club has been promoted twice, the squad is worth more, the club has some immediate and medium term stability, the value of their investment has gone up.

They don't take anything unless the cash is available after meeting the day to day operational needs. But equally as far as we know they are not looking to invest any significant amounts. last loan was in 2018 accounts 500k The owners will only invest more money if there is a short term cash flow need. That is to ensure day to day bills get paid not to buy players. The club has to finance itself.

The club is allowed to find it's own level in the league. Relegation is not aimed for but it doesn't carry any fear for them, they just cut costs and push forward again.

There might not be player sales some years but that is not what they are trying to achieve. The owners expect there will be, that is model we operate under. They will take cash when it is available once the budget has been financed, I expect there is very little flex in that budget

Have they put the club in a deteriorating financial position?. To begin with, which meant getting rid of deadwood, but since 2015 it is hard to argue a worsening position. it has been quite positive and they took 2m back at the same time. So with things progressing positively why would they put unnecessary risk on ccfc to cause the carnage you fear.... (that is not saying no risk)

Actually the "obvious answer" would in my opinion not be the correct sisu one. Given they have proven extraction is possible and at the same time playing success why would they look to sell. The financial risk, it is where they make their money.

Given the finance available a return to the prem is complete fantasy and a far more risky investment strategy than selling players.

To max out their return they have to pay down the interest and loans...... then sell the club

With that I am going to draw a line under this. I suspect we are never going to see it the same way. Its Bank Holiday and am going to enjoy some hard earned rest. Have a happy Easter :)
So in your eyes, the quicker we pay off their investment (is it around 18 mil?) the sooner they go?

Sky Blue Harry H

Is there any local businessmen with the capital to maintain a championship football club?

I mean there’s Richard Overson, who is already involved.

I’m guessing the long term plan is to recoup the losses and hand over to him maybe?

If we are run successfully, they only need to raise the Capital to purchase.

Gregbant

Entitled to your opinion of course. I just dont agree.

These are not "normal" football club owners. There is some tough hard fiscal budgeting going on with little leeway. They don't do anything on a whim or for ego...it is hard cold finance

Since 2015 sisu have made loans to otium of 1.53m they have extracted in hard cash 620k capital and 1.52m interest.

Subject to the 2020 accounts they have extracted more cash than has been put in by 600k during that time . And in that time the club has been promoted twice, the squad is worth more, the club has some immediate and medium term stability, the value of their investment has gone up.

They don't take anything unless the cash is available after meeting the day to day operational needs. But equally as far as we know they are not looking to invest any significant amounts. last loan was in 2018 accounts 500k The owners will only invest more money if there is a short term cash flow need. That is to ensure day to day bills get paid not to buy players. The club has to finance itself.

The club is allowed to find it's own level in the league. Relegation is not aimed for but it doesn't carry any fear for them, they just cut costs and push forward again.

There might not be player sales some years but that is not what they are trying to achieve. The owners expect there will be, that is model we operate under. They will take cash when it is available once the budget has been financed, I expect there is very little flex in that budget

Have they put the club in a deteriorating financial position?. To begin with, which meant getting rid of deadwood, but since 2015 it is hard to argue a worsening position. it has been quite positive and they took 2m back at the same time. So with things progressing positively why would they put unnecessary risk on ccfc to cause the carnage you fear.... (that is not saying no risk)

Actually the "obvious answer" would in my opinion not be the correct sisu one. Given they have proven extraction is possible and at the same time playing success why would they look to sell. The financial risk, it is where they make their money.

Given the finance available a return to the prem is complete fantasy and a far more risky investment strategy than selling players.

To max out their return they have to pay down the interest and loans...... then sell the club

With that I am going to draw a line under this. I suspect we are never going to see it the same way. Its Bank Holiday and am going to enjoy some hard earned rest. Have a happy Easter :)

Like a small version of the glazers

Users who are viewing this thread