Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordan210

just ask this question and got this back:

Thank you for your further email.

I can only talk on behalf of the City Council.

Best wishes

George

But what about labour as a party ? hmm I dont trust them

CCFC54321

Either someone's been talking shit or CCC have done a quicker reverse ferret than Liz Truss.
I have absolutely no doubt in my mind something was going on and a u turn was done in the last two hours at the council.

Gilbert to be fair wouldn't post any old flim flam to wind up the ccfc support.

He must have had it from a very good source in the labour council that some shit was being done behind the scenes.

CCFC54321

I don't think this is cause for celebration yet.

A meeting at 6:30pm implies it isn't normal council work so they could just be muddying the waters before doing the same thing on Monday.

I think our main hope is that admin properly kicks in on Monday.
Monday will be to late?

Wouldn't it?

Nick

Administrator

A meeting at 6:30pm implies it isn't normal council work so they could just be muddying the waters before doing the same thing on Monday.

Hmmm don't get why he would be so firm in saying it.

I'm still waiting for a catch. Screenshot_2022-10-14-15-11-26-440-edit_com.google.android.gm.jpg

Skyblueweeman

I guess the Monday meeting will be as planned to discuss the next steps once Wasps are in Admin, as opposed to bumping this one to then which was on saving them?

duffer

But don’t the council have to agree and assign it?

Fair question, but I don't think they can stand in the way of any sale, because the bondholders have the first charge on it.

Either side could go to the courts if they wanted to of course, but from what I've read elsewhere courts tend to back the party with the charge or mortgage against the lease, rather than the freeholder. I could be wrong though!

rexo87

Looks like the massive backlash has done the trick for now. I know a Tory Councillor who tells me the there is a power struggle going on as a result of this and Duggins hasn't got enough votes even within his own party

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

usskyblue

Are you fuckers having a secret meeting?

No

smile-ryan-reynolds.gif

Nick

Administrator
Looks like the massive backlash has done the trick for now. I know a Tory Councillor who tells me the there is a power struggle going on as a result of this and Duggins hasn't got enough votes even within his own party

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
As a result of wasps?

hutch1972

This makes sense. Couple of senior figures panicking and thinking they could push something through. But didn't really think the whole thing through. More about protecting reputations than the Wasps business.
That said wouldn't trust Duggins as far as I could throw him. Nothing gets arranged without his input.
I'm more relaxed about it now, especially if there are Labour cllrs that are dissenting, and no I don't trust Duggins either.

NorthernWisdom

Quite a strident no.

Robert Thay said:
Hello Pompous Turd,

There will be no financial package for Wasps and there is no meeting planned at this time.

As far as I am concerned there are more pressing matters and money should be spent supporting the struggling families of the city through the current cost of living crisis.

Kind Regards

Cllr Rob Thay

Liquid Gold

Just got this back

Dear weird forum masturbator
This is fake news.
I don’t know where this information came from, but we have no plans for a financial package for Wasps.
Regards
Cllr

They've shat the bed
This is legit apart from the forum masturbator bit though.

They are all coming out now saying no support for them which is great.

It all seems so odd though. Simon had no reason to lie about a meeting so I believe there was something planned.

Would they really back down on it after some public pressure? They've been fine acting the c**t in the past.

Nick

Administrator
This is legit apart from the forum masturbator bit though.

They are all coming out now saying no support for them which is great.

It all seems so odd though. Simon had no reason to lie about a meeting so I believe there was something planned.

Would they really back down on it after some public pressure? They've been fine acting the c**t in the past.
Yeah, it would have been a massive quick u turn.

Although other councillors have actually said things to imply there was a meeting.

ccfcrob

TBF out of all the Labour councillors i have so far received response from 2.

Becky Gittins with her copy and paste template response.

However the 1st to respond within minutes was a Mr George Duggins saying

" There will be no financial support for Wasps"

They have well and truly shat the bed.

Good work everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread