Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmmeee

😂 😂 😂

SBT: “I’m super angry because of Cov Rugby honest (even though I’ve never spoken about them in any other context)”

Cov Rugby: Yeah bro this isn’t cool

SBT: “Oh they’re just saying that, check out the hidden meaning in this anodyne marketing tag line”

NorthernWisdom

😂 😂 😂

SBT: “I’m super angry because of Cov Rugby honest (even though I’ve never spoken about them in any other context)”

SBT: “Oh they’re just saying that, check out the hidden meaning in this anodyne marketing tag line”
They are just saying it though. Go to events and the mask can't help but slip a little. Obviously they can't come out and tweet ha ha ha ha ha can they?

fernandopartridge

Hmmm... Very magnanimous but isn't their whole slogan/mantra a bit of a dig at Wasps anyway (and fair play to them!)

View attachment 26301
It's a bit of a message to the local authorities really, if in the event of Wasps showing intent to go into administration to remember that:

1. They're not the only rugby club in the city
2. They're not the only entity that has suffered from Covid

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

skyblue025

I can see the RFU giving both clubs every chance to stay in the Premiership. When they scrapped relegation it was to secure the top 13 teams in the country into a group rather than seeing 1 disappear for a year.
None of the club's in the Championship have a ground fit for purpose for the Premiership and it was getting embarrassing for the RFU to tell a club you can win the Championship but you won't be promoted as your ground is not up too standard .

duffer

#RugbyFamily

What about the Rugby families Wasps left behind in London and Wycombe? I guess they didn't count for much.

I've got sympathy for people who might lose their jobs, but Wasps fans from Coventry didn't care much about Wasps fans from London when they chose to support the franchise.

Where was the respect for the "Rugby Family" when Wasps went back on their promise to play their fixtures on different days to CRFC? I'm a Cov rugby fan through and through, but the club are kidding themselves if they think I'm going to have any sympathy for Wasps plight.

duffer

I can see the RFU giving both clubs every chance to stay in the Premiership. When they scrapped relegation it was to secure the top 13 teams in the country into a group rather than seeing 1 disappear for a year.
None of the club's in the Championship have a ground fit for purpose for the Premiership and it was getting embarrassing for the RFU to tell a club you can win the Championship but you won't be promoted as your ground is not up too standard .

As with much of the RFU, the ground thing is a complete con and a completely arbitrary way of restricting access to the closed shop that is the top division. Rugby attendances vary hugely, as long as the ground is safe for supporters and can hold a few thousand, what does it matter?

More important is that the club is sustainable, but by that measure probably 80% of clubs shouldn't be in the division in any case.

tisza

Don't have a problem with Cov Rugby message. They are competing with Wasps for support, local business funding etc. Sit there quietly and donothing and they'll slowly fade away down their leagues. Despite the blurb Wasps did not give a toss about the impact on Cov Rugby when they moved here.

tisza

As with much of the RFU, the ground thing is a complete con and a completely arbitrary way of restricting access to the closed shop that is the top division. Rugby attendances vary hugely, as long as the ground is safe for supporters and can hold a few thousand, what does it matter?

More important is that the club is sustainable, but by that measure probably 80% of clubs shouldn't be in the division in any case.
10000 all seater is nonsense. Got at least 3 or 4 clubs in that division that get nowhere near those sort of levels of support.

Sky Blue Harry H

M

These people first thought is always football must be awful having their tiny pastime in the shadow of the worlds most popular sport.

My problem with a lot (not all, obviously) of them is that they categorise all football fans as inferior human beings, and they have some sort of higher moral compass, and are on a different level intellectually. Never held much truck with those sort of people.

Mcbean

be interesting to see Matons response if wasps go pop - he should be supporting Coventry based teams in his work

SHUNT31

be interesting to see Matons response if wasps go pop - he should be supporting Coventry based teams in his work

My gut tells me they will find a solution, even if it is just short term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry_dactyl

My problem with a lot (not all, obviously) of them is that they categorise all football fans as inferior human beings, and they have some sort of higher moral compass, and are on a different level intellectually. Never held much truck with those sort of people.
It’s a view I’ve heard frequently spouted from rugby fans…”it’d would never happen at the rugby”.
As I think about it, I’m not sure I’ve heard it said by welsh rugby fans. Indeed there’s been an acknowledgement recently that the ‘Internationals’ have become too drunken and raucous, with fans fighting and throwing up on each other etc.

tomreagan84

😂 😂 😂

Liked just for the use of “anodyne”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread