Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordan210

Not sure if anyone has dug deep in to this charge from 2015. Shows a little bit of info on bond

Basicly the deed for the bond

Click view pdf

oldfiver

Agreed. If it goes into administration first the administrators will have to do a conduct report though. Looks like administration is the likely process unless a solvent deal is secured, how they exit is the unknown

A Receiver can put a Company into a CVA

CCFC54321

Its my tweet hes quoted and i dont actually know what hes getting at here??
I was confused as well. Didn’t make sense.

I doubt anyone has offered them a solution more like if it was true would be I’ll give you £35m give us the keys to the ground thank you and then you work out how your going to pay off the other £30-£40m you owe.

Sky Blue Harry H

The logic / ratonale of a Wasps fan ?!?

When we moved the club knew they needed to attract new fans, and quite frankly they had good ideas for achieving it.

Unfortunately, we still need that.... But it's expensive so we can't

slowpoke

No. They require payment in full and it’s non negotiable otherwise they will force liquidation/winding up order. Hence they are always the ones who end up starting the process.

As they fucking well should might I add
But can that payment be delayed with negotiation or will there be a time limit, it has been said owe the taxman a couple of grand you might end up in jail owe a couple of million you get an invite for dinner.

pipkin73

The RFU will have no choice but to relegate them, but at the end of this season like Saracens 2 seasons ago. If they don't I think Saracens will be all over them. CRFC V them next season, lovely jubbly lol and even if they open up a promotion place, Worcester or Ealing could well take it.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

The RFU will have no choice but to relegate them, but at the end of this season like Saracens 2 seasons ago. If they don't I think Saracens will be all over them. CRFC V them next season, lovely jubbly lol and even if they open up a promotion place, Worcester or Ealing could well take it.
It’s a closed shop - they’ll plead Covid and get on with it

Torquay Sky Blue

Wonder if they'll be dishing out freebies for their home game against Cov

Ash

I’m talking about the relegation, the RFU won’t relegate wasps

Isn’t it part of the RFU’s own rules that any club entering administration will be automatically relegated? As someone above mentioned, Saracens will be all over them if they decide to keep them in the Premiership.

Edit: Pipkin beat me to it!

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

If they don't Saracens will be all over them. If they go into admin they are relegated. RFU can't afford to fight Saracens.
Isn’t it part of the RFU’s own rules that any club entering administration will be automatically relegated? As someone above mentioned, Saracens will be all over them if they decide to keep them in the Premiership.

Edit: Pipkin beat me to it!
Difference is Saracens out and out cheated - different scenario, their rules make provision for instances out of the clubs control- like worldwide pandemics.

Wasps will plead that (even though we know it’s bollocks) and will be successful because it’s a plausible excuse - they can claim they were on course to break even by now, and nobody can refute it

pipkin73

Difference is Saracens out and out cheated - different scenario, their rules make provision for instances out of the clubs control- like worldwide pandemics.

Wasps will plead that (even though we know it’s bollocks) and will be successful because it’s a plausible excuse - they can claim they were on course to break even by now, and nobody can refute it
Then Worcester will claim the same, either both stay up or neither.

Grendel

pipkin73

Not really, Worcester are fucked as the tax man is after them. Wasps gave notice as the tax man is after them. Wasps are behind Worcester but the same problems plus more.

Nick

Administrator

You could say it's cheating to borrow 35m and not be able to pay it back.

It can be refuted if somebody goes through the books.

Grendel

Not really, Worcester are fucked as the tax man is after them. Wasps gave notice as the tax man is after them. Wasps are behind Worcester but the same problems plus more.

It’s totally different. Staff aren’t getting paid - they have not insured the ground and if they don’t pay that they are turfed out next week

pipkin73

It’s totally different. Staff aren’t getting paid - they have not insured the ground and if they don’t pay that they are turfed out next week
But that is not why they are getting kicked out, it's the debt to HMRC. They have been able to play games and this weeks is on also as they have obtained a safety certificate.

Colin Steins Smile

The finances of Premiership Rugby Clubs is nuts......similar to the Championship, but at least the clubs in the EFL have the chance to reach the riches of the promised land of the PL.
From recent survey of Premiership Rugby clubs only Exeter were showing profits or breaking even pre-Covid. The potential of administration from both Worcester & Wasps damages the credibility of rugby. Interest in the game has fallen both here and Australia.
The clubs need a reality check.....if they reverted to a pay scale for players on what they can afford, then they might be sustainable. That would equate to massive wage reductions, but are enough of the clubs prepared to grasp that nettle before they go bust? I doubt it!

pipkin73

The finances of Premiership Rugby Clubs is nuts......similar to the Championship, but at least the clubs in the EFL have the chance to reach the riches of the promised land of the PL.
From recent survey of Premiership Rugby clubs only Exeter were showing profits or breaking even pre-Covid. The potential of administration from both Worcester & Wasps damages the credibility of rugby. Interest in the game has fallen both here and Australia.
The clubs need a reality check.....if they reverted to a pay scale for players on what they can afford, then they might be sustainable. That would equate to massive wage reductions, but are enough of the clubs prepared to grasp that nettle before they go bust? I doubt it!
It needs to go semi-pro again, sort itself out and then go pro again with new rules. If it carries on as it is (to compete with the United Championship) and the European competitions it's gone. Glad CRFC never made it up, when all the shit settles they might be in a good place.

rexo87

Bobby Bridge reporting interest from an overseas investor and they need to find 2M in the next however many days. They'll probably find that i'd have thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread