Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hutch1972

Hence the reason for an independent enquiry, I am not saying it happened because its a Labour council by the way. They are all as bad as each other my point was the councillors often make decisions without the acumen to do so. To make a decision to sell the lease to Wasps in the first place needed brains to game through the possible outcomes and I doubt this was done.
Considering they had ideas of buying Wasps way before they actually arrived, the sale of the lease to them was no suprise.

JAM See

Third time asking why, as a CCFC fan, I should have a burning hatred of the Wasps?
Because they always ruin your barbecue.

Turn up out of nowhere and force you to leave the area you're currently comfortable in.

Make the kids cry.

Like most enlightened people, I understand that wasps CAN provide a positive impact to the environment. I just wish they'd do it elsewhere

ajsccfc

oRW0Ggr.png

Proof that 87 wasn't a perfect year for the city

Irish Sky Blue

Just been listening to Adrian Chiles on the radio. He had some ex-England rugby player on with him ( don’t know who it was). Adrian asked him why, at its inception, professional rugby hadn’t learnt from football’s mistakes and why they are making such a financial pigs ear of things. The rugby player lambasted those that had got Worcester into such dire straits but said he felt Wasps had generally tried to do things in the right way but had been hit by Covid. He, like a lot of others, seems to have no inkling of the mess they were heading for before the pandemic

Sky Blue Harry H

Just been listening to Adrian Chiles on the radio. He had some ex-England rugby player on with him ( don’t know who it was). Adrian asked him why, at its inception, professional rugby hadn’t learnt from football’s mistakes and why they are making such a financial pigs ear of things. The rugby player lambasted those that had got Worcester into such dire straits but said he felt Wasps had generally tried to do things in the right way but had been hit by Covid. He, like a lot of others, seems to have no inkling of the mess they were heading for before the pandemic

The fact is Wasps went down a 'galacticos' route of player recruitment. They couldn't afford it, and the fanbase has fallen/is falling to its natural level. As you rightly say, the pandemic merely moved the implosion date forward. Nothing else.

Moff

The fact is Wasps went down a 'galacticos' route of player recruitment. They couldn't afford it, and the fanbase has fallen/is falling to its natural level. As you rightly say, the pandemic merely moved the implosion date forward. Nothing else.

I remember one of the new accounts popping up defending Wasps, boasting about the signings of players such a Curtley Beale and Willie Le Roux.

They won nothing with them and now look where they are. Strangely the person who boasted of such signings doesn’t post here anymore!

Colin Steins Smile

Since last Friday, Wasps attempts to refinance the debt moved from difficult to near impossible. Covid can't be blamed. I wonder what they'll blame next ..... it's too windy at this time of year?

fernandopartridge

Since last Friday, Wasps attempts to refinance the debt moved from difficult to near impossible. Covid can't be blamed. I wonder what they'll blame next ..... it's too windy at this time of year?

Though as oldfiver pointed out, they are now a cheaper proposition for an overseas investor, especially anybody paying in USD

robbiethemole

Well, if the silly bitch Truss, our beloved PM is to be believed, everything that's gone wrong is all down to Putin!!!!
Maybe someone should let Wasps know they can blame him too??

chiefdave

Though as oldfiver pointed out, they are now a cheaper proposition for an overseas investor, especially anybody paying in USD
Is an overseas investor likely? Rugby doesn't have the global reach of football, could be a big ask. You wouldn't be looking at Wasps, the Premiership or the UK economy in general and think it was a great opportunity to make money.

You'd think it would need to be someone who is in someway connected to the club, even if only as a fan, which raises the question why are they leaving it so late.

Gynnsthetonic

Could they go for a straight liquidation and do away with admin. They don't have any assets as the training ground has been moved to an individual rather than through the company. All they have is a lease on the stadium. The players are worthless as no transfer fees involved in rugby. 🤷‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread