Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexo87

How long did they have to sort something out from 21st when they filed the intention to enter admin? We've had 5 days so far...

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

shepardo01

How long did they have to sort something out from 21st when they filed the intention to enter admin? We've had 5 days so far...

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
Without reading back, 10 days (although may be 14) with another 10 (or 14 if I'm wrong) if progress can be proven..

Philosorapter

Without reading back, 10 days (although may be 14) with another 10 (or 14 if I'm wrong) if progress can be proven..

Think you're right.

10 business days, including the date the NOI is filed.

Filed on the 21st September, which leaves 4th Oct as Ann Lucas day.

And could be another 10 business days, which could leave 18th Oct as Ann Lucas day II.

Philosorapter

On a separate note,

was it wise to give Ann Lucas the Honorary Alderwoman title where she now can't attend council or committee meetings to answer any queries the public may have if the next few months turn into a complete fiasco.

Is there anything we can, as the public, do to remove this honour, if it turns out to be a blocking action for Ann not to turn up to any public meetings to answer questions.

chiefdave

was it wise to give Ann Lucas the Honorary Alderwoman title where she now can't attend council or committee meetings to answer any queries the public may have if the next few months turn into a complete fiasco.
Is that for real? They give her some meaningless title and now she can't be questioned on anything? I thought the shit they did at the council's ethics committee was bad enough.

shmmeee

Is that for real? They give her some meaningless title and now she can't be questioned on anything? I thought the shit they did at the council's ethics committee was bad enough.

No. That’s bollocks, he’s got confused because Aldermen can’t be paid or on the council. Of course she can be questioned.

Philosorapter

"....Councils in England can vote to give the title of Honorary Aldermen or Alderwomen to previous councillors. Members nominated will be ones who have gone above and beyond in their role - or "rendered eminent services to the council" in the words of the 1972 Local Government Act.

The 1972 Act also states that holders of these ceremonial roles can't be paid or attend council or committee meetings....."

How convenient.

Philosorapter

Just to remind everyone again because this interview is trying to rewrite history.

--------

"Following that meeting, the controlling Labour party have agreed to back leader Ann Lucas’s wishes to proceed with the sale.

Councillors will not be given a free vote and will vote in accordance with their party, which means Labour’s decision cannot be swayed by Conservative votes."

Because the labour councillors weren't given a free vote, then the decision must rest solely with Ann Lucas.

“We are charged with representing you and I’m sorry that each and every decision we make can’t have a referendum, but that’s what democracy is about."

That's Ann Lucas's democracy for you.

Take a bow Ann, and also all the blame.

Grendel

Just to remind everyone again because this interview is trying to rewrite history.

--------

"Following that meeting, the controlling Labour party have agreed to back leader Ann Lucas’s wishes to proceed with the sale.

Councillors will not be given a free vote and will vote in accordance with their party, which means Labour’s decision cannot be swayed by Conservative votes."

Because the labour councillors weren't given a free vote, then the decision must rest solely with Ann Lucas.

“We are charged with representing you and I’m sorry that each and every decision we make can’t have a referendum, but that’s what democracy is about."

having previously been very happy to boast to anyone who’d listen how she’d broken the Wasps deal which will create thousands of jobs in the City I gather she’s now less responsive when asked

eastwoodsdustman

--------

That post could go on the 'war in Ukraine' thread with that sort of democracy. What a vile bunch we as the Coventry public have elected to run the council.

Senior Vick from Alicante

That post could go on the 'war in Ukraine' thread with that sort of democracy. What a vile bunch we as the Coventry public have elected to run the council.

The issue is if you keep voting Labour you get the same thing, its hard to say what a Conservative council would do as they never get the same run in the city. This is a Labour stronghold and if the government is Conservative you will get less investment for the city as a consequence in the same way that if Labour ever get back in it would get better investment. What do you expect when voters actually think Sultana is a good option as an MP? The whole council links with the Wasps deal needs to be looked at from top to bottom independently to see where the skeletons are but I doubt it will happen. It does not matter who is in council in the end, you are asking run of the mill folk to make decisions on things like infrastructure that havent got a clue most of the time, hence the shit going down about building on green belt and the big issues like that.

Levship20

The issue is if you keep voting Labour you get the same thing, its hard to say what a Conservative council would do as they never get the same run in the city. This is a Labour stronghold and if the government is Conservative you will get less investment for the city as a consequence in the same way that if Labour ever get back in it would get better investment. What do you expect when voters actually think Sultana is a good option as an MP? The whole council links with the Wasps deal needs to be looked at from top to bottom independently to see where the skeletons are but I doubt it will happen. It does not matter who is in council in the end, you are asking run of the mill folk to make decisions on things like infrastructure that havent got a clue most of the time, hence the shit going down about building on green belt and the big issues like that.

10,000 signatures on a petition and it will be looked at by law. This doesn’t mean a full investigation but it does mean it goes further than Duggins office.

Grendel

Ken Taylor was as much a clown as those who came before and after him - he bought Sisu here

Liquid Gold

The Wasps deal was unanimously approved by both Labour and Conservative.

Grendel

The Labour Party were forced to vote for it by Lucas so it was a non debate - did Nellist vote against?

MalcSB

Looks like the bondholders are getting pissed off with the Trustees and their lack of action despite an EGM having being requested by a group representing over 10% of the bonds value over 2 weeks ago. One has written a complaint to the FCA asking for the situation to be investigated as that individual believes the FCA approved offer was misleading.

The whole system of notifications and actions seems to be riddled with inertia which bondholders are now seeing as being massively in Wasps favour. The level of distrust would not augur well for Wasps if the situation is reached where a bondholder vote is needed to save them,

Senior Vick from Alicante

Hence the reason for an independent enquiry, I am not saying it happened because its a Labour council by the way. They are all as bad as each other my point was the councillors often make decisions without the acumen to do so. To make a decision to sell the lease to Wasps in the first place needed brains to game through the possible outcomes and I doubt this was done.

Grendel

chiefdave

The whole system of notifications and actions seems to be riddled with inertia which bondholders are now seeing as being massively in Wasps favour. The level of distrust would not augur well for Wasps if the situation is reached where a bondholder vote is needed to save them,
I saw a suggestion the the 'accidental' delisting of the bonds by Wasps means that a large chunk of bondholders now don't get any notifications about anything to do with the bonds. The whole system seems very flawed and it increasingly looks like they're going to struggle to see any return.

fernandopartridge

I think Lucas is an idiot but she's ultimately going to be led by the council's senior officers who will have been far more involved in the detail of the deal. That said, they may legitimately argue that the council protected its position as freeholder and was able to repay the prudential borrowing.

Grendel

I think Lucas is an idiot but she's ultimately going to be led by the council's senior officers who will have been far more involved in the detail of the deal. That said, they may legitimately argue that the council protected its position as freeholder and was able to repay the prudential borrowing.

Reeves has always had an unhealthy obsession with Wasps

tisza

Reeves has always had an unhealthy obsession with Wasps
Just think it is personal going back to the ACL days etc. So much of this seems to have been made personal between the likes of Seppala, Reeves, Lucas and others.
Reeves took his stand and he reacts like he has a personal investment in Wasps's issues/performance.

Frostie

She should be held accountable for this, how to get the ball rolling I don't know

giphy.gif

D

Deleted member 2477

"....Councils in England can vote to give the title of Honorary Aldermen or Alderwomen to previous councillors. Members nominated will be ones who have gone above and beyond in their role - or "rendered eminent services to the council" in the words of the 1972 Local Government Act.

The 1972 Act also states that holders of these ceremonial roles can't be paid or attend council or committee meetings....."

How convenient.
Another corrupt labour councillor. How many before people realise they are all a bunch of self serving liars only interested in their own pockets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread