Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fernandopartridge

But surely the lease is between Wasps and CCC
The rent agreement would be separate (or is this a lease agreement too? If it is, and is between us and Wasps, and they go belly up, surely it is affected?)

No, the sub-lease is between the sub-lessor and the sub-lessee, who they actually are is coincidental. How could somebody agree to buy all of Wasps' assets / liabilities take on a sub-lease where the terms are for negotiation after the purchase? Would anybody entering into a lease for any property sign up to allow for renegotiation in such an event? Especially where a new landlord might be in a more advantageous position than Wasps.

Nick

Administrator
gKlgV3V.png

"Shall we be journalists and look into Wasps?"
"Nah, just make some headlines up to worry city fans about it"

(His concern is Doyle getting injured playing for England)

Briles

gKlgV3V.png

"Shall we be journalists and look into Wasps?"
"Nah, just make some headlines up to worry city fans about it"

(His concern is Doyle getting injured playing for England)

Clickbaiit wankers the mirror group are.

wingy

Seems extraordinarily convenient that HMRC has basically concluded it's course of action a couple of weeks after initial release in state of play just when bondholders finally decide to accelerate to a conclusion.
Wonder if that valuation of asset's ever gets completed now?

Grendel

I had been thinking more of ensuring we weren't out of pocket re: pitch repairs.

Well we would be and there is no agreement in all probability on pitch maintenance

SheafIsGod

You're having a laugh, surely?

Do you remember us playing in Birmingham? Do you remember Wasps promising to play on Sundays so as to not impact CRFC? Do you remember the Council talking about rebuilding trust with the club before discussing ownership of the stadium?

You are Kevin Maton and I claim my five pounds.
I also remember us playing in Northampton - was that the Wasps as well?

Coventry Rugby’s attendances have risen on average since Wasps moved here.

Your last point is about the council, not Wasps.

Can someone please explain why, as a CCFC fan, I’m supposed to hate the Wasps?

duffer

Seems extraordinarily convenient that HMRC has basically concluded it's course of action a couple of weeks after initial release in state of play just when bondholders finally decide to accelerate to a conclusion.
Wonder if that valuation of asset's ever gets completed now?

I suspect it's more to do with HMRC policy on how long they'll wait for payment before taking action.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Wasps and Worcester are both under threat from HMRC, I'd guess they've got similar filing dates for tax purposes...

jordan210

This morning's player and staff meeting
So, as we know, Wasps players and staff were called to a 9am meeting this morning to discuss the club's situation.

We understand this lasted around 20 minutes and people were told the club was in advanced talks and things will move fast with the next step - with the overall tone being a 'hopeful' one. But there is a waiting game to be played.

There was a feeling relayed that HMRC's issuing of a winding-up order came as a surprise.

Yeah must be a big surprise. Its not like wasps dint file accounts or pay the a HMRC bill.....

duffer

I also remember us playing in Northampton - was that the Wasps as well?

Coventry Rugby’s attendances have risen on average since Wasps moved here.

Your last point is about the council, not Wasps.

Can someone please explain why, as a CCFC fan, I’m supposed to hate the Wasps?

Coventry RFC were on an upward course before Wasps got here. Attendances increased despite them not because of them. Again the promise to play on Sundays not Saturdays, Premiership versus Championship rugby literally on your doorstep. C'mon.

The council and Wasps did a secret deal to sell our stadium. Who buys if Wasps didn't screw their own fans over to get a knock down deal? So obviously not just the council at fault.

Birmingham. You remember Birmingham. Fuck all to do with Northampton. Wasps.

I get you don't care mate, maybe joining the dots is too much effort, but some of us do.

If you're not bothered feel free to ignore them, but don't kid yourself that there aren't plenty of good reasons.

torchomatic

SheafIsGod

Coventry RFC were on an upward course before Wasps got here. Attendances increased despite them not because of them. Again the promise to play on Sundays not Saturdays, Premiership versus Championship rugby literally on your doorstep. C'mon.

The council and Wasps did a secret deal to sell our stadium. Who buys if Wasps didn't screw their own fans over to get a knock down deal? So obviously not just the council at fault.

Birmingham. You remember Birmingham. Fuck all to do with Northampton. Wasps.

I get you don't care mate, maybe joining the dots is too much effort, but some of us do.

If you're not bothered feel free to ignore them, but don't kid yourself that there aren't plenty of good reasons.

I bet our owners and the council (which should be where our real grievances lie) are pissing themselves laughing at how the vast majority of City fans seem to follow your line of thought.

Nick

Administrator
ACL is ACL (2006) parent company. ACL (2006) is the head lease holder and that's its only function I think. ACL (assumed) pays ACL 2006 £1.9m per year. The assets of ACL (2006) are subject to the charge by the Trustees mind

There's also the Compass one.

4ZxDQ0Q.png

duffer

I bet our owners and the council (which should be where our real grievances lie) are pissing themselves laughing at how the vast majority of City fans seem to follow your line of thought.

It's entirely possible to dislike all of the parties involved of course. Indeed I suspect most who really take an interest, do.

Wasps no doubt similarly love the idea that some might see them as entirely blameless, I just don't think the evidence stacks up to support that theory.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

It’s quite easy to apportion blame to the lot
1) Council - extortionate rent, only would entertain SISU in 2007, didn’t want to sell us the Ricoh initially. Tried to get one over SISU by shafting the club

2) SISU burnt every bridge, took us to Northampton stupidly. Lack the nous or bollocks to improve the club, don’t seemingly want to sell

3) Wasps - got involved in a dispute they had no right being in, tried to secretly shaft the club whilst blaming the owners. Thought they’d got a cheap stadium and are hell bent on using our profile to get money

ultimately the council shafted us and sold Wasps a turd. They’re possibly complicit in the destruction of 2 historic sports clubs.

wasps as said, tried to take advantage of a situation they had no idea about. Much like the outside fans looking in. I have no sympathy - thet deserve everything they get.

SISUs time is up, they don’t have the funds, and have no idea how to run a championship football club.They need to sell up.

basically If Wasps destruction leads to SISU leaving and us reuniting with the stadium built for us, then so be it. They’ll be thinking the same

oldfiver

clock is running to get this sorted

• By the directors or company: once the directors sign the notice of intention to appoint an administrator, they have 10 days of protection, when no creditor can take any recovery action. This occurs before they are actually in administration, so can be very useful, and can give the business and directors time to decide the way forward.
It is possible to get an extension to the 10 days if evidence shows funds are immediately forthcoming after the

Have HMRC actually petitioned? If not why would WASPs publicise it? This is an active decision not wholly linked to HMRC

Philosorapter

It is possible to get an extension to the 10 days if evidence shows funds are immediately forthcoming after the

Have HMRC actually petitioned? If not why would WASPs publicise it? This is an active decision not wholly linked to HMRC

Think the London rugby club was forced to take action before HMRC took action to keep themselves in business.

Philosorapter

To keep on adding extensions to the NOI without appointing administrators is going to be the tricky thing.

Without good cause it can just be looked on as a delaying tactic by the courts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread