Wasps going into admin & the impact on CCFC (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samo

Nope. Not sure if same interview that he said this in:
"I had my eyes wide open when I came in.
The debt was substantial, it's only got bigger."

Glowing endorsement of his performance as CEO then 🤦🏼‍♂️

I ventured on to Once A Wasp earlier & there were posts about how well received they have been in Coventry & how the locals thanked them for bringing Pro Rugby to Coventry too...

Their fans literally live in a different world. I suppose it explains how Wasps pulled the wool over their eyes for so long though & why the news is being treated with shock in Rugby circles when it was always a matter of "when not if" to everyone who cared to actually look at the figures.

Sorry Frostie, but their fans do not 'literally' live in different world. (Although to me they may as well be aliens)

Joy Division

Utterly baffling responses. To be fair if I was to financially fuck up a club as much as they have I'd want a dream audience as Wasps fans are

TomRad85

Still a slight unease. They may be dead but I can still smell the rotting carcass waiting to rise in zombie form.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Joy Division

I got blocked for asking why the auditors fucked Wasps off :(

Like most Wasps fans

giphy.gif

CCFC54321

You have to remember 99% of the wasps are toff wannabes and live in this sugar coated world where Snow White is real, you marry a virgin and when you die you go to heaven.

I know a couple from work and they had not got a clue about the finance and was adamant that wasps had higher gates than CCFC. Not a fucking clue that free tickets were the reason they had high gates in 2014.

The Range Rover and little Timmy and his sons yachting club academy. The rugby brigade are so intelligent there thick about the real world and only interested in is about rupert, Chelsea and the sherry drinking boys and there golfing trip to Portugal at bartholomews villa I detest the cocooned sugar plum, spoon fed world they live in.

Last edited:

long way home

Wasps followers are swinging at the minute blaming anything and everyone for the situation. Which has now ended up with some stating not traveling to Cov is going to be a blessing. This is the last stages of excepting the blame is with the owners who couldn't run a bath and a few council members seeing a something that wasn't there.

Ultimately the failure to understand the city and its people is a big factor is the failed experiment in my opinion. I hope others see this and understand we are a very unique city in many different ways. And i personally think a loyal bunch at heart, the shit we have been through is a testament to that. I wish those effected locally find jobs and hope all those that were originally Wasps fans find a home closer to where they are from. Wasps or its fans will not be missed by me or thought of after all is settled. I guess being a magpie is never an answer in UK sports, your home never leaves you, even if a business does.

zuni

this is murder, not even any juicy rumours of who is bidding, city being taken over....fucking helllllll AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Sky Blue Pete

Brighton Sky Blue

I think Shugs‘s eyes have finally been opened, given the issues he is now raising on both forums. Surprised he hasn’t been banned fro Once A Wasp.

You can get banned from that even when the administrator (pun intended) doesn't know if you're pro CCFC

chiefdave

Very, very, very slowly getting there. Yes you were given a load of bullshit, you all swallowed it right up without question too.

View attachment 26740
The thing is tho its not as if they've never been in a financial mess before and didn't know the signs or to be on the lookout for issues and they were constantly having things pointed out to them and kept insisting everything was fine. It was truly astonishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread