Wasps downward spiral... (4 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

Secret un-minuted meeting/vote at CCC - Ricoh sold to Wasps.
5m of public money to Wasps from CCC.
Planning approved from CCC for hotel that was declined to another possible builder...
Wasps director suddenly appears on board of a group all of a sudden selling their sporting facility... to Wasps ..
Planning permission more or less granted by Stratford Council to develop said sporting facility whilst blocking use for local residents despite numerous objections including one from sport England.
How the F**k do they do it!????
Absolutely stinks...

Everything goes their way and they lose £10 million a year like clockwork

shepardo01

Decision to approve gone through unanimously by the looks of it.
"Jennings" is Henleys own Councillor by the way ... they are fuming with him!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201021-200949_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20201021-200949_Facebook.jpg
    488.8 KB · Views: 36

chiefdave

Decision to approve gone through unanimously by the looks of it.
"Jennings" is Henleys own Councillor by the way ... they are fuming with him!
Think he’s the one that a FOI request showed was assisting Wasps with getting the application through.

it’s beyond me how they get away with it. Time and time again you look at all the available evidence and think they’ve got no chance yet every time they get their own way.

shepardo01

Quote from henley alliance,

"So, today is the day! Given the weight of evidence along with the lack of relevant community access on offer, we should be looking forward to a formality of a decision in our favour at tonight's planning meeting. However, we are not necessarily expecting this to be the case. If the decision goes against us we still have the holding objection issued by Sport England to give us hope, but we shouldn't need to be relying on this. We should be relying on the common sense of people in authority acting in the best interests of local communities, not the interests of multi million pound sporting franchises. We should be relying on Councillors acting on the very rules that they themselves put into writing. We should be looking to invest in the very facilities that these people have spent months making absurd excuses as to why they should be bulldozed in order to host "elite sport". The irony of this is that without grass roots sport, there can be no elite sport, and it is about time that Councillors were forced into acknowledging and acting on this, rather than cosying up to people they perceive to be of importance based on finance. Whichever way the decision goes tonight, the whole sorry saga has been a disgrace from start to finish, and I hope that people will not forget this based on the offer of a free ticket. Cross everything at 6pm tonight."

Feel so sorry for them and everyone affected by this.

Makes me hate those c-units even more.

Land will be sold for housing, banking them millions..

Brighton Sky Blue

Quote from henley alliance,

"So, today is the day! Given the weight of evidence along with the lack of relevant community access on offer, we should be looking forward to a formality of a decision in our favour at tonight's planning meeting. However, we are not necessarily expecting this to be the case. If the decision goes against us we still have the holding objection issued by Sport England to give us hope, but we shouldn't need to be relying on this. We should be relying on the common sense of people in authority acting in the best interests of local communities, not the interests of multi million pound sporting franchises. We should be relying on Councillors acting on the very rules that they themselves put into writing. We should be looking to invest in the very facilities that these people have spent months making absurd excuses as to why they should be bulldozed in order to host "elite sport". The irony of this is that without grass roots sport, there can be no elite sport, and it is about time that Councillors were forced into acknowledging and acting on this, rather than cosying up to people they perceive to be of importance based on finance. Whichever way the decision goes tonight, the whole sorry saga has been a disgrace from start to finish, and I hope that people will not forget this based on the offer of a free ticket. Cross everything at 6pm tonight."

Feel so sorry for them and everyone affected by this.

Makes me hate those c-units even more.

Land will be sold for housing, banking them millions..

Like the insects they chose to name themselves after nobody likes them but they never fucking go away

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I’ve come to the conclusion that we need to move on from this. They’re a in a middle/upper class sport, building in a middle/upper class constituency.

further to that our local council have thrown all their lot in with wasps. They’ll be doing anything they can legally to make it work

this battle is over. It’s just a case now of hoping they go bust. Fuck their fans. I hope they do, the London lot didn’t give a shit when they left so why feel for them fans?

Brighton Sky Blue

I’ve come to the conclusion that we need to move on from this. They’re a in a middle/upper class sport, building in a middle/upper class constituency.

further to that our local council have thrown all their lot in with wasps. They’ll be doing anything they can legally to make it work

this battle is over. It’s just a case now of hoping they go bust. Fuck their fans. I hope they do, the London lot didn’t give a shit when they left so why feel for them fans?

It’s more annoyance than expecting a different outcome

rob9872

Report em. All phone the police and complain. oh and good luck Exeter, be noce for them to win a final (11 positive WASP covid tests :) )

shepardo01

not sure what they could even do, it's not illegal.
Concern would be the amount... surely a few hundred.... possibly more.... they are saying they are opening numerous halls....plus the claim that families won't mix. How would they do that in terms of entering/leaving, toilet etc....

Just interesting that the scale is large and it is indoors....

David O'Day

Concern would be the amount... surely a few hundred.... possibly more.... they are saying they are opening numerous halls....plus the claim that families won't mix. How would they do that in terms of entering/leaving, toilet etc....

but as holding the event is not illegal you could only complain after the event to say they didn't enforce the required distancing

otherwise any hospitality business wouldn't be able to open

chiefdave

Takes a matter of seconds to find large groups planning to meet up at the Ricoh for this. Just look at the Wasps forum!

We've all experienced how events are run at the Ricoh, the idea that they will be capable of keeping people within the required groups is laughable.

shepardo01

Takes a matter of seconds to find large groups planning to meet up at the Ricoh for this. Just look at the Wasps forum!

We've all experienced how events are run at the Ricoh, the idea that they will be capable of keeping people within the required groups is laughable.
Forget that it is Wasps.
Considering the rising numbers in thr City, the upping of the Covid tier and the likely numbers involved, it is ridiculous that it can go ahead.

You should report what you have read Dave

Kneeza

Not illegal? Then the law is an ass.
The fact that Cov have cancelled their indoor event today, and the Sunday Lunch, due to the Tier 2 move tells you all you need to know about the standards of the two clubs.
Broadstreet have cancelled too I believe (and they aren't even physically in the Tier 2 area).
Fucking disgusted by the insects (again).

shepardo01

Not illegal? Then the law is an ass.
The fact that Cov have cancelled their indoor event today, and the Sunday Lunch, due to the Tier 2 move tells you all you need to know about the standards of the two clubs.
Broadstreet have cancelled too I believe (and they aren't even physically in the Tier 2 area).
Fucking disgusted by the insects (again).
That is a disgrace.
How is this allowed to happen!?
Didn't realise Cov/BS have cancelled events today.

I've filled in the Council complaint form.
I know a few others that have too.
Yet still going on.....

Users who are viewing this thread