Wasps downward spiral... (10 Viewers)

Moff

Out supported and out played by a inexperienced team filled with youth, due to Munsters covid out break, that hadn’t played for nearly six weeks.

All in all a thoroughly welcome and embarrassing defeat for the London rugby team.

fernandopartridge

News publications reporting on the game indeed say there were more Munster fans than Wasps. Incredible.
It's difficult to see how they'll lift themselves out of this malaise. It's not even as if they've got relegation which can be galvanising. They're a bit of a zombie outfit really.

CCFC54321

Believe me when I say…. next session relegation ( if they have relegation) and then eventually something around their future in Coventry.

it’s not working. It won’t work. The Coventry public wont allow it to work so london wasps just go before this city finishes you off.

Gynnsthetonic

There is no relegation for the next 2 seasons, they seem to be running a depleted squad which won't affect their outcome. Perhaps the Wasp owner is making a nice profit off the football club now anyway. Wasp fans now complaining about their own matchday experience with no fan village, food outlets closed inside the stadium, it doesn't bode well to attract a fanbase or keep what they have left!

Brighton Sky Blue

Low lie the Fields of Athenry
Where once the insects scored a try
There were giant flags handed out for free
Some twat banging a drum for us all to sing
It feels so lonely
Round the Fields of Athenry

lordy_87

Was just in the Burnt Post, quite a large group of Munster fans in there. Mind you there was one twat sat with them in a wasps shirt.

Sky Blue Harry H

If the results don't matter (due to no relegation) then it all relies on the matchday experience to the 'supporter' Sitting in a 4-5k crowd in a cold December, January, February and getting tonked the majority of times can only result in an ever decreasing downward spiral. Great stuff.

pusbccfc

Grendel

This is a wonderful read hahaha

Neils I’m sure is a wasps employee - he’s just a suck up

The funniest thing on their other forum is Shugs who was saying football fans disrespect referees as they have no etiquette and spends the whole time yesterday on their slagging off the referee

Liquid Gold

i'm guessing they don't get European games included in season tickets and they don't want to give out frees in case they get into covid crowd control levels.

It's going to be interesting when they play a french team whose fans may not be able to travel.

Look forward to a 3 digit crowd there soon and only 1 stand open.

Terry Gibson's perm

i'm guessing they don't get European games included in season tickets and they don't want to give out frees in case they get into covid crowd control levels.

It's going to be interesting when they play a french team whose fans may not be able to travel.

A stand😂 they will be able to fit them all in an executive box

chiefdave

Pretty sure they've done 1 stand open for at least one game this season already. From looking on their forum and social media it seems the regulars are largely people who travel from London / High Wycombe. Was always a tough ask to expect them to travel week in week out, you've got no chance when you're getting battered every week.

No idea what the future holds for them to be honest. Its all well and good saying that the rugby club is just a side business to running the stadium but something has to give at some point surely? If the rugby club really is a secondary thing and its just a drain on funds how long will the owner, or more importantly any future owner, put up with that? At some point the current owner will move on. How many people want to take on a venue but also commit to subsiding a rugby club losing millions a year?

Terry Gibson's perm

Wait for the weather to drop and crowds will get lower and lower. Not many people will want to travel up from London on a freezing day in the middle of Jan.

I generally feel sorry for the London fans that have lost their local team.

Or a London area lockdown

Gynnsthetonic

Wait for the weather to drop and crowds will get lower and lower. Not many people will want to travel up from London on a freezing day in the middle of Jan.

I generally feel sorry for the London fans that have lost their local team.
They can always go and watch Wasps Rfc who play in West London in the Herts/Middesex div 1, they could do a Wimbledon and rise through the divisions with a good local support base.

Kneeza

They can always go and watch Wasps Rfc who play in West London in the Herts/Middesex div 1, they could do a Wimbledon and rise through the divisions with a good local support base.
Or a Sale FC, who could very well be playing in the RFU Championship next season, one level below Sale Sharks.
I still say Wasps ought to look long and hard at a move to the Commonwealth Games stadium in Brum. Such a huge city they only need to attract a very small percentage to improve on what they get now, and a share with Hurricanes RL could work well.
Plus, it gets them twenty miles further away from Cov RFC...

Peter Billing Eyes

Or a Sale FC, who could very well be playing in the RFU Championship next season, one level below Sale Sharks.
I still say Wasps ought to look long and hard at a move to the Commonwealth Games stadium in Brum. Such a huge city they only need to attract a very small percentage to improve on what they get now, and a share with Hurricanes RL could work well.
Plus, it gets them twenty miles further away from Cov RFC...

That’s a bit unfair, though. You’re essentially endorsing a similar move to when Wasps moved to Coventry. Although not commandeerIng an already occupied stadium, it would likely impact on existing rugby teams in Brum with historic pasts.
For me, I want Wasps out but the best solution has to be a return to their fanbase in London/Home Counties. I wouldn’t want a situation where the Cov-based Wasps fans can still watch their ‘Johnny come lately’ team. They’re the supporters who need leaving out in the cold.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

That’s a bit unfair, though. You’re essentially endorsing a similar move to when Wasps moved to Coventry. Although not commandeerIng an already occupied stadium, it would likely impact on existing rugby teams in Brum with historic pasts.
For me, I want Wasps out but the best solution has to be a return to their fanbase in London/Home Counties. I wouldn’t want a situation where the Cov-based Wasps fans can still watch their ‘Johnny come lately’ team. They’re the supporters who need leaving out in the cold.
Not gonna lie - I don’t care where they fuck off too. Their fans London and plastics both keep saying “we had to move or we’ll die - ignoring about how it affects us”

they just need to die or fuck off to London or Birmingham or wherever they want

Brighton Sky Blue

I just took a look at the drunkenwasps forum. I was being unfair in my opinion that it was a minority on there that are eejits. I take it back - it’s pretty much all of ‘em - they are a snobbish collective who need to be gone. Pronto.

Just a reflection of their sport. Any time I think possibly of getting into following it you’ll see the same ‘football hooligan’ and ‘it’s not fair their game is more popular’ comments.

While of course they’re grabbing each other’s balls on the pitch

Users who are viewing this thread